What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

spiderdan

Bench
parra pete said:
I'm walking out of this thread.... I don't like the tone it is taking...That's called "Doing a Lyon"
No more from me on the subject... OK..
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
HJ you asked me the other night why I haven't backed you up on this, I made my stance very clear, he is unforgiven until he proves that he will except less at our club than what he can get at other clubs that will show me that Jamie is remorse and sorry for the pain he's caused to everyone associated to the club.

To me, Jamies case is very similar to the situation of 2 former players who to this day I despise for what they did to our club. Glenn Liddiard was a young up and coming fullback in the early 90's who was still under contract when he approached the club at the end of the 91 season and asked for a release to sign with the then premiers Penrith, in the club's wisdom he was granted a release, he believed he had a better future at that club than ours and as it turned and for various reasons his career diminished into oblivion, call it Karma if you like, but it was dog act from a bloke who couldn't handle being at a struggling club.

The other is Bob Lindner who only completed 2 years of his 3 year contract because his wife was missing Queensland and wasn't enjoying Sydney, so he gained a release and went to the Gold coast, only problem was, 2 years later he signed to play for the Magpies...you work it out, because I couldn't at the time.

Jamie has let alot of people down including his family but one thing that's gone unnoticed here, is that he let himself down, he may be getting the big bucks in England but I know for a fact that he was struggling early last year for a few months.

I'd like to see whether he has grown up, I want to see whether he's prepared to accept what we offer and not come back with a "can you add this?" "can you add that?" on the contract, because I also know we won't be used as a bargaining tool, we'll offer what we believe is substantial and he can simply take it or leave it.

then you can ask me what I really think of him.

PB

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
Having to live in England for 2 years, away from your family and friends is enough of a punishment.

I'll Say!

CHOOSING to go to England when you are home sick for Country life and no doubt picking up sponsorship $$ in the way of English pounds... Gee did the penalty really fit the crime? :roll: ;-)

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I'd like to see whether he has grown up, I want to see whether he's prepared to accept what we offer and not come back with a "can you add this?" "can you add that?" on the contract, because I also know we won't be used as a bargaining tool, we'll offer what we believe is substantial and he can simply take it or leave it.

i don't know whats going on with negotiations, but is seems there's been alot of contact and we are going after him very hard ... so wouldn't he have already agreed or be bloody close to it if there wasn't gonna be any adding?

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
i don't know whats going on with negotiations, but is seems there's been alot of contact and we are going after him very hard ... so wouldn't he have already agreed or be bloody close to it if there wasn't gonna be any adding?

your guess is as good as mine, however I did hear a little whisper that an offer is forthcoming and I hope that'll be the end of the matter, whether he signs or not is another thing.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
your guess is as good as mine, however I did hear a little whisper that an offer is forthcoming and I hope that'll be the end of the matter, whether he signs or not is another thing.

Now you tell me. :D

He didnt only let Parra fans down when he left the club either, I know a lot of country fans who cant stand him anymore. Whatever team he plays for next season is going to suck because he'll be eligible for the country team

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jesus is gay haha

f**k that bring back Sparrow, Stuey & Mahon boys and they'll show us some integrity.

BTW

eelavation, those points you made in relation to Liddiard & Linder whilst correct, i still can't understand your logic in hating them.

Glen Liddiard- At the end of 1991 Parramatta were in a heap of strife & turmoil, their was supposed infighting and alot of the younger players where disgruntled at how they were being treated by the first grade officials & club officials. Subsequently players like Jackson, Liddiard, Bell, Jonhston, Leeds, Adamson etc all walked out or didn't renew their contracts. If you didn't appreciate what Liddiard did why don't dislike what the others did aswell?

Bob Linder- In his case he had 2 mixed years with us, hardly played through injuuries & rep comitments, but circumstances change and maybe his wife was able eventually to cope with Sydney life, why wouldn't he take an interest in his wifes needs? it's natural just like it would be for me & you in regards to our partners etc or children.

Ron the crap written on here almost rivals the comments your former team mate makes about himself :lol:

Oh and by the way your more gay than flatch if you dont come to the footy this week

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Macquarie Scorpions said:
Ron the crap written on here almost rivals the comments your former team mate makes about himself :lol:

Oh and by the way your more gay than flatch if you dont come to the footy this week

HAHA im surprised he didn't say he played Origin or something.

No one is more gay then you & Jesus.........and George!! excpet George is better looking:lol:

Man I swear you're asking for a beating...............

And btw Dusty, notice how I used "you're" as a proper substitution for "you are"? Man, some people are dumb..........

El Diablo

Post Whore
Parraren said:
There are 2 realistic scenario's at play here..

1. He's genuine and wants to make amends for dogging us BIG time.

2. It's a strategic media drama to divert attention away from the fact that he will eventually "officially" sign with Manly (although if that happens we all know he was signed sealed and delivered 12 months ago).

I'm still not convinced either way.

lock in 2, Eddie

Utey

Coach
Agent Mulder said:
Ahhh dont give up so easy mate, Im disapointed to that he wants to wait for the deadline, But i still think he is coming back.

Iam glad you have faith, because I think he is as good as gone. Hope he proves me wrong.

Latest posts