What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
I just love the whole "anti-tampering deadline" myth :lol:

its like fishing with a REALLY juicy prawn on your hook, but you put a cage around the hook so the fish can't get to it yet.

basically don't "officially" offer players contracts - but use the media to make damn well sure they know you have money and would like to spend it on them

very true, just remember if the speculation is before June 30 the words we use are "expressions of interest" that's the loophole :lol:

Avenger

Immortal
If I were them I would go. They have done evrything in RL, except win a comp and they could do that this year.

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
if they lose Barret and Gaz they'll hold on to the rest and make a big play for Lyon. both Barret and Gaz are on a combined income of a million.

That just shows you cant buy premierships.

fridge

i know he did wrong by us, but if lyon comes back to parra i will cream my pants.

we'll have the two best centres in the world !!

but then again, if he is just using us to push up his market value, i will cry.

fridge

Hollywood Jesus said:
word i got last night is that we are chasing Lyon HARD.

:D awesome news !!

he was the best centre in the world when he left us. was the best player in england when he played there. he has to be worth 400-500K year.

i'd take him for 350-400K a year. considering we gave him his first chance, and he left us like he did.

CrazyEel

Bench
I was annoyed when he left but would like to see him come back, would be an awesome backline with him at 5/8.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
word i got last night is that we are chasing Lyon HARD.

that's what I heard.

there's been frequent contact between both parties and I can tell you the club won't die wondering with Jamie, however if Lyon wants to come back he would do it for less money than St Helens, St George and Souths are prepared to offer, that's why I believe that his decision will show whether his grown up or not.

spiderdan

Bench
although i would love to see jamie play in parra colours again, i wouldn't be too pissed if he didn't come home.

after watching jeremy smith play last night and the way he stepped into nrl without much fuss i was happy and i think we have a classy 5/8 we can keep at a bargain price.

we already have a great centre pair in benny and tahu. if the rumours about tahu and hagan not being buddies is true and timana leaves i'm sure jarryd hayne or kris inu would slot in there without drama.

Avenger

Immortal
Spiderman

I concur with your thoughts re: Inu and Hayne. They are truly special. If Lyon does come he will replace Jeremy Smith and play a completely different type of game to him. Don't forget Lyon is an awesome defensive player and that attribute would also assist Tim Smith.

In relation to Inu and Hayne, I believe that they are rated so highly that we may let McKinnon and Reddy go to accomodate them.

Hurriflatch

Referee
If Parra sign Lyon (which I hope they don't) considering the way he left any more then 275k a year is too much

Avenger

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
If Parra sign Lyon (which I hope they don't) considering the way he left any more then 275k a year is too much

Hurri,

Tahu is on about $350,000 if that can be used as a guide.

parra pete

Referee
The Lyon sleeps tonight....not very well I would have thought.

Actually one of the singers of that song was taken by a crocodile...he forgot to 'wim o way' :lol:

I am not going to worry if the creep comes back or not. There is nothing I can do about it, other than be VERY disappointed. I think his act betrayed the efforts of every player who has worn the Blue and Gold.

Latest posts