What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

Hurriflatch

Referee
Avenger said:
Hurri,

Tahu is on about $350,000 if that can be used as a guide.

and Tahu hasn't walked out on any clubs has he.

It's not about what Lyon is worth

it's about what Lyon deserves

eelz47

Coach
strider said:
its like fishing with a REALLY juicy prawn on your hook, but you put a cage around the hook so the fish can't get to it yet.

no wonder you can never get a bite you silly boy:lol:

Avenger

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
and Tahu hasn't walked out on any clubs has he.

It's not about what Lyon is worth

it's about what Lyon deserves

I agree. We should not have to pay top dollar. He owes us.

Avenger

Immortal
He should also cop at least one bitch slap from Hollywood Jesus. Just don't spit on him HJ. :p

jayman

Juniors
surely parra can match any offer made by other clubs??

cannings and morris alone are worth 400 together...

iam not saying thats how much he should get or deserve..but purely from a financial point.. i would have though parra have the finance to make the same bids as other clubs

???

If he came and said he's play for us for the minimum ammount possible I'd still not want him here. Seconds is better at 5/8 than him and T-Bag and Saxa are doing a good job in the centres (and then there is Benny to come back as well) So we dont need him, hell flatch would have more support at Parra games than this bloke!!! Why waste the money on him when we have so much young talent unsigned? Stick with the young guys who want to stay here I say.

good point.

which of our juniors are all you Jamie-whores willing to let go in order to spend an exhuberant amount of money to lure back a dog who has already run from the kennel once?

parra pete

Referee
Avenger said:
hey pete are you in your 30's like yours truly?

Wished I was... Put it this way, my first game watching Parramatta (the Fruit Pickers as they were known then) was 1958....Still love my Eels...been there, done that. You know Parra have won four premierships in the past 26 seasons. That's a strike rate of one every six and a bit years. Not a bad effort when you put it like that :lol:
I have a son who is 30 this year!!! I'm what you call an 'old goat'..:lol:

Morenito

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
good point.

which of our juniors are all you Jamie-whores willing to let go in order to spend an exhuberant amount of money to lure back a dog who has already run from the kennel once?

Whats with the EWO team all being so against Lyon and everyone who wouldnt mind him here. Talk about Tag team.
I think HJ is still living on those channel 10 news reports about himself 5 years ago. Each to their own opinion here.

strider

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
good point.

my wife is telling me she prefers the term "bush pig" when jamie lyon is being discussed :lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Macquarie Scorpions said:
If he came and said he's play for us for the minimum ammount possible I'd still not want him here. Seconds is better at 5/8 than him and T-Bag and Saxa are doing a good job in the centres (and then there is Benny to come back as well) So we dont need him, hell flatch would have more support at Parra games than this bloke!!! Why waste the money on him when we have so much young talent unsigned? Stick with the young guys who want to stay here I say.

I'm sure young Michael Witt wanted to stay here too, doesn't mean it would have been a good idea to keep him.

I don't know who T-Bag and Saxa are but I'll assume one is Brett Delaney and if that's the case then you're kidding yourself. He's a walking penalty machine and if he's our next great centre then we're really struggling. Both of these bright centre prospects in Ben Smith and Delaney are both backrowers playing out of position in my opinion, and then you're relying on Hayne and Inu to develop just to have some strike down the right side.

Or we could go for Lyon and actually have some strike at either 6 or 3. Call him all the names you will but do you honestly think he'd run again? It would be career suicide and he would not come back if he didn't want to be here. Plus Fitzy, for all the crazy things he's done, is a smart man and would not give Lyon a similar deal to last time, there'd be clauses to cover Parra's rear end if he decided to run again.

And I'd like to know why people say he deserves less money just because of what he's done? If he comes back, plays well and doesn't run away then why should he be punished for the past? Having to live in England for 2 years, away from your family and friends is enough of a punishment.

I haven't heard a bad word spoken of him from anybody in England, he's been an outstanding player and person to everyone over there and holding a grudge against someone for the one mistake they made is pretty sad. You've completely forgotten the years of service he did give the club, the Grand Final he helped take us to and was one of the very few players to play well in the game. One mistake wipes all of that? Nah, I can't go along with that at all.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
I'm sure young Michael Witt wanted to stay here too, doesn't mean it would have been a good idea to keep him.

I don't know who T-Bag and Saxa are but I'll assume one is Brett Delaney and if that's the case then you're kidding yourself. He's a walking penalty machine and if he's our next great centre then we're really struggling. Both of these bright centre prospects in Ben Smith and Delaney are both backrowers playing out of position in my opinion, and then you're relying on Hayne and Inu to develop just to have some strike down the right side.

Or we could go for Lyon and actually have some strike at either 6 or 3. Call him all the names you will but do you honestly think he'd run again? It would be career suicide and he would not come back if he didn't want to be here. Plus Fitzy, for all the crazy things he's done, is a smart man and would not give Lyon a similar deal to last time, there'd be clauses to cover Parra's rear end if he decided to run again.

And I'd like to know why people say he deserves less money just because of what he's done? If he comes back, plays well and doesn't run away then why should he be punished for the past? Having to live in England for 2 years, away from your family and friends is enough of a punishment.

I haven't heard a bad word spoken of him from anybody in England, he's been an outstanding player and person to everyone over there and holding a grudge against someone for the one mistake they made is pretty sad. You've completely forgotten the years of service he did give the club, the Grand Final he helped take us to and was one of the very few players to play well in the game. One mistake wipes all of that? Nah, I can't go along with that at all.

I'm not 100% sure but did he give back all his contract money the year he walked out after playing one game?

fish eel

Immortal
i think this has all been done to death, nobody knows anything concrete and we should probably give it all a rest until we have something more definate.

parra pete

Referee
I'm walking out of this thread.... I don't like the tone it is taking...That's called "Doing a Lyon"
No more from me on the subject... OK..

ParraDude_Jay said:
Having to live in England for 2 years, away from your family and friends is enough of a punishment.

Yeah he seems to really be suffering :p

You still haven't made a good point for bringing him back apart from "I'm willing to sell out the integrity of this Club for a bit of success."

Latest posts