What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive TV ratings last night in Sydney for FNF

kurt faulk

Coach
Thats better than what the NRL got in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. (They combine to zero)

as noted before the games are replayed in those cities but that's not the point.

the afl has spent who knows how much money in sydney and brisbane to try and increase their share of the market with, as the results show, little to show for it.

but i'm sure perth red will try and spin that fact into a plus for the afl. good luck trying.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The vast majority of that advertising is from local businesses on Regional TV. Having sat through hours and hours of tractor and rainwater tank adverts on my travels I know from experience!

The major corporates want their national product/company shown on National TV, hence why the capital city figures are ALWAYS viewed more importantly.

you have obviously never watched regional TV

you speak sh*t

joanne

Accredited Media Releases
Yeah, it suggests Channel 9 is doing it to make the ratings seems a touch smaller, and thus get the rights a little cheaper.

Or, on the other hand, Channel Seven's doing it to make their numbers seem a lot larger

JW

Coach
Hey maybe you're right PR - clearly TV advertising has little effect in places like Newcastle, Gold Coast, etc. Nowhere near enough tractors being driven around or huge tanks popping up in people's backyards.

Not sure where you're residing, PR, but if you're in WA and haven't ventured out of the joint yet then maybe you should consider doing so. In the outside world, people do actually live outside state capitals, believe it or not.

LESStar58

Referee
Melbourne v Brisbane live semi final next Friday night would be great.

Especially if it's shown live into Melbourne....it would have good ratings in the 3 biggest city's in Australia.

Perish the thought.... we'll get f**ked in the arse by NEIN! again...

parano1a

Juniors
I doubt Melbourne v Manly will be live into Melbourne, one hour delay would be better to encourage fans to go to the game.

My prediction:
7.30 Two and a Half Men
8.00 Motorway Patrol
8.30 Friday Night NRL

Although who knows with Nein, it might be shafted to midnight in favour of a girly movie, repeat of The Closer and Late News

parano1a

Juniors
What does 9 usually play instead of NRL in Melb/Adelaide/Perth?

7.30 11th Two and a Half Men repeat for the week
8.00 Motorway Patrol (until recently, the Brad Garret sitcom "Til Death")
8.30 Girly Friday Night Movie
10.45 The Closer rerun
11.45 Late News
12.15 NRL Game 1
2.10 NRL Game 2

parano1a

Juniors

haha, the afl live finals could only attract 50,000 viewers in sydney and 26,000 viewers in brisbane.

all the spin in the world can't help those figures.

The AFL wasn't live on Seven in Sydney and Brisbane - it was a delayed telecast starting at 9.30pm. It was however shown live on Fox Sports Plus Channel 518, so anyone with Foxtel in those cities likely would've watched it on that instead of waiting 90 minutes for the Seven broadcast.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The AFL wasn't live on Seven in Sydney and Brisbane - it was a delayed telecast starting at 9.30pm. It was however shown live on Fox Sports Plus Channel 518, so anyone with Foxtel in those cities likely would've watched it on that instead of waiting 90 minutes for the Seven broadcast.

which would equal 10 people

Latest posts