What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai the faker

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25105156-5001023,00.html

Matai will never 'fully recover'

Article from:
By John Marsh
February 25, 2009 12:00am

TOUGH Manly centre Steve Matai has been told he won't ever fully recover from the neck and shoulder injuries which almost wrecked his 2008 season.

Looks like his alias is John Marsh from the Daily Telegraph. Talented man old Matai. Tough as nails, handy centre and a famed journalist writing for numerous media outlets. Who says you can't have it all?

Plus the ability to get drunk and abuse female barstaff. He's a Manly legend.

Noa

First Grade
"Is it really that suprising considering his previous life & I'm just sayin"
What is surprising ? and what are you saying ? That he has similar hair to Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus. Again what does this have to do with Matais "feigning" an injury ?

So are honestly telling me you cant work out what the connection would be between some-one calling Matai a faker and Milli Vanilli.

Oh well, carry on with your outrage Johnsy in a joke thread.

Skinner

Coach

_Johnsy

Referee
If Matai was a faker then fine. Are you also saying he is faking his injury ?

outrage??? WTF Have you taken your meds today ?

Noa

First Grade
If Matai was a faker then fine. Are you also saying he is faking his injury ?

outrage??? WTF Have you taken your meds today ?

Faux-outrage then, but deary me Johnsy.

I dont believe Matai is a faker fwiw so this thread got from me what it deserved, "un-seriousness".

You know I grew up in the Tweed Valley, looks like the quality of drugs has really improved since then.

willvillain

Juniors

And yet, by the age of 24, he's already has more premiership rings than Brett Dallas, Billy Moore, Greg Florimo, Mark Graham, Don McKinnon, and Ken Irvine combined. Oh wait, my mistake, Irvine won a couple with Manly didn't he?

eaglefan64

Juniors

Look at what just crawled out from underneath the nearest rock..........the vermin himself

How's the cesspool going scumbag??

To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people. I've known slugs who could outwit you. I've worn shoes with a higher IQ than you, but you think you're an intellectual, don't you, loser?

Why don't you go away and organise another meeting of the 'bears to CC' (as if that will ever happen:D) and you and yourself can have a great discussion in the phone box

westie

Bench
I've often thought Matai is a bit suspect. One minute he can't walk or move... the next he's running 100mts down town or throwing himself into an unneccessary Big Shot. It's not like he's playing through the pain of a cork or something either, he is claiming a very serious injury that from my position comes with more than just simply playing through pain.

_Johnsy

Referee
Noa

Take a deep breathe, please.

Just to make sure we are clear, you do not believe Matai is a faker, however you felt the need to liken him to milli vanilli.

Good to see the intention of this thread is a joke, not a contradiction-a-thon.

JB

Juniors

bboy_insane

Juniors
Noa

Take a deep breathe, please.

Just to make sure we are clear, you do not believe Matai is a faker, however you felt the need to liken him to milli vanilli.

Good to see the intention of this thread is a joke, not a contradiction-a-thon.

Johnsy, HE WAS JOKING! He was joking from the start. It's a joke! I'm a Manly fan and I thought it was funny. Take a chill pill dude and "just relax aye".

willvillain

Juniors
So does Shane Perry...

Perry never played for the Bears. Or Manly. What Matai has already done in his short career is something the Bears haven't been able to do since 1922!

Just sticking the boot into Ronny while he's down. Yeah, I know it's probably too easy, but it's still enjoyable.

_Johnsy

Referee
bboy I understand that, I am relaxed. I just found it bizzare he'd say one thing yet display the opposite of his opinion in a couple of pictures. I found it very bizzare. I think you'll find the only one who got worked up in any way shape or form was Noa.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Cloud9, i suggest you forget about Matai and show more concern for poor old Greg Inglis

It is a bit concerning that he said before the finals that when the big games roll around, GI comes out of the woods to play. Well, he has been missing in those woods for nearly 5 months now, so best you get out looking for him and leave Matai alone

Slackboy72

Coach
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/wounded-eagle-eyes-rhinos/2009/02/25/1235237713113.html

I'm sick of this bloke feigning injury to get sympathy votes.
Either you're fit or not fit. He was hobbling in last years GF, winking at the same time.
At the elite level you can't be a little injured so it makes me believe he is trying too hard to achieve legendary status.

Woe is me.

vader-fail.jpg

Latest posts