What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match 1: Aust v NZ t20 tri-series at SCG Feb 3, 2018

Timbo

Staff member
Still can't believe CA didn't arrange a terrestrial broadcast for this whole tournament.

Iafeta

Referee
It goes to show how poor NZ were tactically. I'm a firm believer in T20 if you lose wickets early, whilst one guy can consolidate, at least one bloke needs to keep going. What Kane Williamson did today was hands down the worst, most selfish batting display I've witnessed this season. Australia still took them on after losing 2 early wickets.

Timbo

Staff member
As an aside, what an odd summer - every international game bar this one against just the one country.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
It goes to show how poor NZ were tactically. I'm a firm believer in T20 if you lose wickets early, whilst one guy can consolidate, at least one bloke needs to keep going. What Kane Williamson did today was hands down the worst, most selfish batting display I've witnessed this season. Australia still took them on after losing 2 early wickets.

The consolidator role has been KW's since 2016 at least.

Bruce was looking to go - he was wicket 3.

What is far more concerning for me - is this t20 form of KW has been consistent since and incl ALL OF CPLT20. There was a glimpse vs SA last year where he went too slow for too long, then he had a good IPL. But he's been wayyyyy below par in all t20 since. And he's captain. And a vital cog of the other 2 formats.

Exclude IPL - - he has been awful in t20 for a year in Aus, Ind, NZ and WI.