What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Finals Week 1: Rabbitohs v Knights

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Vision

First Grade
Isn’t that part of the problem? If the second half of the season hasn’t been enough to fire up and show some aggression, what does he need?
Indeed and that goes for the whole team - a huge lack of intent, motivation, passion, pride, aggression, across the board with a few rare exceptions .....

We did have large doses of looking bored, tired, flat and extremely mentally fragile.

Alex28

Coach
Team is shit. I’m not wasting another year on these guys, it’s just not worth it. I have been a fan since day 1 but am sick and tired of these inept, heartless performances whilst teams like Penrith are cruising.

Maybe it would have been better if they did go broke and were relocated...

I won’t be putting another cent into this joke of a club...
Won’t be missed.

newyboy

Juniors
that's a big shock, he leads in mtrs gain and offloads with a great tackle % ....what a weird choice to leave Klemmer out......Newcastle's gain though he'll come back rested and fired up
He is too slow, not Athletic enough and not aggressive enough.

Spot On

Coach
Dissappointing finish to the year but still a big step forward in terms of making the finals.

The worrying thing is next season. I dont see how this squad is going to improve on from this season. Even with Brailey and Frizell coming I dont see how its going make us any better than a fringe finals side.

Your are right... we aren't going to make great improvement in 2021without major roster changes you would think.

There are a number of sides below us that will improve out of sight ... and eat up wins that we got against them this year.

Making the 8 will be a long shot if a lot of things don't change/improve.

Last edited:
In the press conference Pearce didn't sound like someone who was disappointed that he didn't put it up for the supporters.
He's probably booked his holiday to start tomorrow.

Apey

Staff member
Team is shit. I’m not wasting another year on these guys, it’s just not worth it. I have been a fan since day 1 but am sick and tired of these inept, heartless performances whilst teams like Penrith are cruising.

Maybe it would have been better if they did go broke and were relocated...

I won’t be putting another cent into this joke of a club...
Haha cya next year.

Spot On

Coach
that's a big shock, he leads in mtrs gain and offloads with a great tackle % ....what a weird choice to leave Klemmer out......Newcastle's gain though he'll come back rested and fired up

Freddy isnt much of a fan... and you can't blame him but Dan isn't going as well as he was before injuring his knee, which is still bothering him.

Neither have showed much intent or aggression tbh.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Freddy isnt much of a fan... and you can't blame him but Dan isn't going as well as he was before injuring his knee, which is still bothering him.

Neither have showed much intent or aggression tbh.
the whole team didnt show much aggression all year really ...

Knight Vision

First Grade
In the press conference Pearce didn't sound like someone who was disappointed that he didn't put it up for the supporters.
He's probably booked his holiday to start tomorrow.
I thought that.

I also noticed on 3 or 4 occasions he mentioned AOB being a rookie coach..."did well for his first year " blah blah .......mention it once and umm ok.....but 3 or 4 times ? Oh I'd love to be a fly on the wall......

I hope AOB shows some balls after he has a good think about the leadership group during the off season ......they let him down this year.

Regarding Origin, I don't think anyone from this side deserves selection tbh, especially Klemmer and DSaf. You wouldn't say they're leading from the front. Also, unfortunately for us, props of their ilk are old hat in the modern game. The Hass and Paulo types are the prototypes for the gun props now.

Sadly, I stand by my thought that the roster isn't as good as most suggest. It needs a bigger shake up than we think unfortunately. The upcoming roster management decisions will define AOB. They'll also decide how much care or interest I have left to give the club in the short term.

Honestly, today was absolutely heartless from the team and as supporters, I think we need to see someone made accountable. I seriously don't think I can take another whole season of Pearce let alone the thought of resigning him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The upcoming roster management decisions will define AOB
Indeed they will. Being the coach isnt a popularity contest, he needs to be ruthless.

I seriously don't think I can take another whole season of Pearce let alone the thought of resigning him.
I'll second this. I'd prefer to show him the door now and move to our bright future than another season of Pearce. If they extend him I'd be gobsmacked

newyboy

Juniors
With the disarray in Union atm, i think we should head to the northern hemisphere and pick up some mad WELSH/IRISH/SCOTS who have size, motor and leg speed. They will be cheap and happy to be in Oz.

And you know they will be as tough as nails and not take a backward step.

Knight76

Juniors
Regarding Origin, I don't think anyone from this side deserves selection tbh, especially Klemmer and DSaf. You wouldn't say they're leading from the front. Also, unfortunately for us, props of their ilk are old hat in the modern game. The Hass and Paulo types are the prototypes for the gun props now.

Our pack is laying the groundwork just fine. If we had a pair of halves that could manage a game for shit, kick effectively and take advantage of our chances nobody would be talking about our props.

The only thing I would change about our pack is to play with more aggression. They should be running and tackling as if the opposition called their mother a whore. Unfortunately they play like the opposition is their father in law.

Yosh

Coach
Can't believe all the flak Klemmer and Saifiti getting on here. They are the least of our worries. They get us metres and defend tight around the middle. Front row forward would be the last position I would upgrade at the moment.

Spot On

Coach
When's the last time you could say our pack intimidated their oposition through physicality Yosh? Hitting guys hard and often throughtout the 80 mins, forcing them into errors, hurting/stinging ball carriers, hunting like 'a pack' etc??

That part if the game is missing for us when playing the better sides.

We have been thoroughly thrashed too often in the latter part of the season - when it really counted.

Stats are great in some ways but surely you see the lack of physicality in our side?