What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Finals Week 1: Rabbitohs v Knights

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
I would say that Barnett and Ponga would be putting their hand up for captaincy in the coming years, but their current attitude (when things are tough) and inconsistencies need to be ironed out.

Brailey has captaincy potential, possibly Frizzell too.

But if Pearce moves on then you will find who steps up into the leadership role - so it might not be so obvious right now.

newyboy

Juniors
If we are only making up the numbers and we have loyal fans. Why are we paying players hundreds of thousands and millions per Year?

Incentive based payments and people with hunger. If Ponga is on 1m pw3r year, Teddy should be on 5m.

Knight Vision

First Grade
You are kidding yourself if you don’t think we are tacking a year on.

Genuine question - we let him go at the end of next year. Who are our halves in 2022? Who is our captain?

Go.
At this stage I'd give Crossland the number 7 and get Lam from the Roosters to partner him at 5/8

I'd throw Brailey the Captains cap

Pearce is a cancer on the team I think. He has to go

Spot On

Coach
If we are only making up the numbers and we have loyal fans. Why are we paying players hundreds of thousands and millions per Year?

Incentive based payments and people with hunger. If Ponga is on 1m pw3r year, Teddy should be on 5m.

This.

We are paying 500K plus more than we need to for Pearce.

If we're serious. .. were paying 700K overs on 2020 form.

I've read an article about 2 days ago by Brent Reed - Pearce is about to put pen to paper on a 1 year extension*

* It was on sporting news which for some bizarre reason we arent allowed o post their links on this forum
That was rumoured a while ago and was put forward as a reason his form was off - he wanted more.

This infectious attitude thing is more of an issue than anything that can be fixed by throwing players at the club. It's systemic through the club and even the supporters. I reckon we all have high ambitions but don't really think we can get there.
It used to be a half for half thing but this year it has mostly been a game to game thing.
Leadership and direction may help but I think it will take a hell of a lot more. Every player needs to want to lift and show it.
Bennett reckoned we were the first club he coached where the players played just to make the team. Maybe there's some elements of truth in that in that they don't believe they can do better.
We need to hire Psychs.

Alex28

Coach
A million dollar half.
f**k me you are dense.

The Telegraph had him on $750K a year on their list.

He is neither a million dollar half, nor is he a half on a million dollars.

Doesn’t suit your agenda though - does it?

Alex28

Coach
This infectious attitude thing is more of an issue than anything that can be fixed by throwing players at the club. It's systemic through the club and even the supporters. I reckon we all have high ambitions but don't really think we can get there.
It used to be a half for half thing but this year it has mostly been a game to game thing.
Leadership and direction may help but I think it will take a hell of a lot more. Every player needs to want to lift and show it.
Bennett reckoned we were the first club he coached where the players played just to make the team. Maybe there's some elements of truth in that in that they don't believe they can do better.
We need to hire Psychs.
We supposedly have that in Barney. Softest lunatic in the league unfortunately.

We need someone who can bully and hurt the right opposition players. We needed to hurt Walker this afternoon. We had no one who could even get near him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I would say that Barnett and Ponga would be putting their hand up for captaincy in the coming years, but their current attitude (when things are tough) and inconsistencies need to be ironed out.

Brailey has captaincy potential, possibly Frizzell too.

But if Pearce moves on then you will find who steps up into the leadership role - so it might not be so obvious right now.
Certainly Ponga and Brailey are contenders. They for the nucleus of our leadership group moving forward along with Klem, Barny and Frizell

General Knight

Juniors
Dissappointing finish to the year but still a big step forward in terms of making the finals.

The worrying thing is next season. I dont see how this squad is going to improve on from this season. Even with Brailey and Frizell coming I dont see how its going make us any better than a fringe finals side.

Dissappointing finish to the year but still a big step forward in terms of making the finals.

The worrying thing is next season. I dont see how this squad is going to improve on from this season. Even with Brailey and Frizell coming I dont see how its going make us any better than a fringe finals side.
Plus we lose experience and will have the dilemma of choosing between Mann and Watson.

Spot On

Coach
f**k me you are dense.

The Telegraph had him on $750K a year on their list.

He is neither a million dollar half, nor is he a half on a million dollars.

Doesn’t suit your agenda though - does it?

Good we can sack him and buy some decent players.

DT - farkin lol.

Frederick

Staff member
Right. The interview the other day with him, Best and Saifiti was a prime example of this. He acted like a child. He sets the standard for all of those young guys and that's the total opposite of what we need.

Surely AOB knows this from his time at the Roosters.
AOB never worked with him at the roosters. AOB was only there for one year before joining us

Apey

Staff member
Maybe we've let Klemmer settle down a little too much in Newy. Must be too happy here. Needs that fire in his belly back.

Knight Vision

First Grade
that's a big shock, he leads in mtrs gain and offloads with a great tackle % ....what a weird choice to leave Klemmer out......Newcastle's gain though he'll come back rested and fired up

Alex28

Coach
that's a big shock, he leads in mtrs gain and offloads with a great tackle % ....what a weird choice to leave Klemmer out......Newcastle's gain though he'll come back rested and fired up
His stats are good, however you couldn’t say he is in the top few props in the comp on current form.

Alex28

Coach
he has seemed less aggressive this year. ....to not make the team ummm ok ....but to not make the squad ? WTF
Isn’t that part of the problem? If the second half of the season hasn’t been enough to fire up and show some aggression, what does he need?

Rodney Rude

Juniors
Team is shit. I’m not wasting another year on these guys, it’s just not worth it. I have been a fan since day 1 but am sick and tired of these inept, heartless performances whilst teams like Penrith are cruising.

Maybe it would have been better if they did go broke and were relocated...

I won’t be putting another cent into this joke of a club...