What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Dragons @ WIN Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Dragons v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Benji was the best player on the park. Nofo was great. Luc was great. Our middle forwards were awesome. Aloiai was huge. Mikaele made an impact. Twal and ET were both great.

Our spine didn't look great though. Walters had his moments but he made some mistakes. Maybe he was just knackered. Reynolds goes hard but he just doesn't have it but as a back-up for Brooks he was pretty good. I thought Thompson was poor but Doueihi wasn't great either.

It was great to get a win first up.

Much better second half but realistically if Saints had of converted half their scoring changes they would have won by 10. They bombed 3 certainties and 2 or 3 other red hot chances. having said that, the slug cost us 2 tries.

With all the coronavirus stuff going on do you think we could either sub Thommo or Nofo's brain into the slug's body in some sort of frankenstein like operation? We could probably get it in under the radar at the moment.

Seriously, I was happy with our front row rotation except for Mikaele's mistakes. He's always good for 2 or 3 a game. Benji's game management was great and it was good to see Walters go the distance. I know he had a few errors, and his service wasn't perfect but overall I thought he went well. AD played well in the second half but we need to game plan to get Joey more involved.

Considering it's probably the last footy we'll see for a month or 2 (hopefully not but you can see it coming) it's good to go out with a win

Tigerm

First Grade
They did say BJ was rocks & diamonds, hopefully he has his rocks day for a while.
I like Thommo, but he did make some errors tonight, but so did Lomax, so not sure if the conditions were contributing to this, probably, certainly a better 2nd half by our man.
Benji was sensational, JR is one tough little sucker. Nofo had a good one as well.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Typical Tigers performance imo

Hold the ball, starve the opposition of possession and we look like a million bucks. Opposition get their fair share of the ball and our defence is shaky as. Lucky they dropped it a couple of times virtually over the line otherwise we wouldn’t have got the two points.

WA Tiger

Bench
Imagine Benji with that sort of maturity back when he was quick. Anyway well played in the 2nd half, and that might be it for the year.
Yea but who has changed their role like that so smoothly..Lockyer ....Jordan..What a game I thought we looked great..

WT Unity

Juniors
Well - Stating the obvious Benji was outstanding...
In addition to that Nofa was probably the next best - He was fantastic ran for heaps of meters and was always up for a carry.
From the forwards I thought Twal was outstanding! He ran plenty, bent the line and his work rate was huge. Speaking of huge work rates - ET must've made a thousand tackles (after a head knock - tough performance) and given Walters is a bit of a rookie in the hooking role ET's defense in the guts is a huge plus here. Loved that we looked BIG for a change - I love it - Musgrove is a beast, so too is Mikaele and Aloiai, Garner has bulked up and the Leluia's are both huge. Doueihi adds a bit of size as well. We were physically able to match it with a forward pack that included Vaughan, Frizell, Sims, Lawrie & Graham.
I think there's improvement in many of those that have copped a bit of criticism here this evening.
Can't believe negative wraps on Reynolds...I thought he was whole hearted and looked dangerous in attack at times especially as he came in to the side late. Jennings - Meh! missed a couple of hard catches but I thought in the conditions he was OK. Walters made two howler handling errors as well as a couple of mis-directed passes from Dummy Half but he has a crack and if he can eradicate the errors he might be a bit of a prospect. But as the old saying goes - A win's a win!

cerberus

Coach
I only caught the last 10 mins. Looks like Benji is reading the play well but to me, Joey is the game breaker. Set him up with a run near the line and good things will come.
i think the wife hit me with the defibrillator 6 times in the last 10 minutes

f'k i hope the grub stays fit .is there anyone else playing football that loves the game as much ?

Last edited: