What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Roosters @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I suspect that after that win, barring injuries, the same team goes out next week.

Niggles to Nofo and Grub, but they are going to have the train the house down this week to get picked.

I get the impression Ivan was rewarding the off season in round one and will continue to do so until something f**ks up.

Regardless, very happy with our depth this year.

Reynolds in an interview before the game felt that he was going to miss a month of footy. Nofo might have scored 2 tries in the Reggies but could have involved himself more.

Kev has to go,twice he threw the ball away on the first tackle putting pressure back on the team,plenty of good performances from the Reggie backs today,Milne probably the logical choice to move into the centres.

simmo05

Bench
Kev has to go,twice he threw the ball away on the first tackle putting pressure back on the team,plenty of good performances from the Reggie backs today,Milne probably the logical choice to move into the centres.
He must train like a champion. All coaches seem to think he is the greatest merkin ever. He is reserve grade at best, no matter how jacked he is or how good he trains. He took either nofo or fonuas spot for f**ks sake

WT Unity

Juniors
Reynolds in an interview before the game felt that he was going to miss a month of footy. Nofo might have scored 2 tries in the Reggies but could have involved himself more.

What happened to Reynolds BTW....I thought he was all OK...then I get to ANZ and was shocked that he was out. What is his injury and how/when did he do it?

Das Hassler

Bench
What happened to Reynolds BTW....I thought he was all OK...then I get to ANZ and was shocked that he was out. What is his injury and how/when did he do it?

Hammie...training yesterday

Today Cronk was.. as expected the most professional and tradesmanlike player on the field..Benji was the most dominant....i'll happily take that

simmo05

Bench
Kev made some really major tackles so lets not totally flog the guy..he wasnt that bad.
I just cant cop him. He has stunk it up for the past few years, we signed a shit load of backs, and he still gets a crack! Faaaaaarrrrrrkkkkk

Radical Rat

Juniors
That was the most satisfying win since the 05’ GF.

Watching state cup and first grade, there is an obvious mandate on offloads. Between reserve and first grade, there is a very competitive team there.

I’m over the moon.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hammie...training yesterday

Today Cronk was.. as expected the most professional and tradesmanlike player on the field..Benji was the most dominant....i'll happily take that
Cronk -soporific automaton
Benji-innately brilliant crowd-pleaser(albeit bittersweet)

If Benji devoted a fraction of the effort to preparation & improvement as Cronk did over their respective careers Cronk couldn’t hold a candle to the sublime prodigal son !(not to mention Benji’s major setbacks re numerous shoulder recos early in career when he was in his absolute prime)

Radical Rat

Juniors
Cronk -soporific automaton
Benji-innately brilliant crowd-pleaser(albeit bittersweet)

If Benji devoted a fraction of the effort to preparation & improvement as Cronk did over their respective careers Cronk couldn’t hold a candle to the sublime prodigal son !(not to mention Benji’s major setbacks re numerous shoulder recos early in career when he was in his absolute prime)
Nah that’s not Benji. It’s the definition of apples and oranges.

You’ve answered your on question, Benji actually put everything into his preparation and improvement after all his injuries. He’s just a different player. And arguably a better one. Let’s see what Cronk can do this year away from his Melbourne tampon.

macnaz

Staff member
I just cant cop him. He has stunk it up for the past few years, we signed a shit load of backs, and he still gets a crack! Faaaaaarrrrrrkkkkk
Until he does more bad things then good things on the field you will have to suck it up. Its easy to hate on a player but you have to be fair.... re watch the game and you will see his defence that he always gets bagged for was great and contributed highly towards us winning tonight.
If i was looking at any player that produced the least tonight to make way for an ISP player it would have to be MWZ .

Clifferd

Coach
What’s that about people in glasshouses u absent minded halfwit ! When was the last time ur chokers won a title(only 32 long yrs! )& now that uve got that toxic grub moses uve got buckleys of getting close to doing a lap of honour for at least another decade.

Parra are the perennial underachievers, if any team has a chip on their shoulder it’s them. f**k even Souffs can brag about a premiership in recent history

On the actual game itself it’s rhe first time I can say we’ve successfully beaten a team defensivey. Reminded me of the Dragons in 09/10 where they had shoddy attack but their d was first class.

It’s only round 1 and we played one of the competition so called heavyweights so the jury isn’t out on our attack yet, but the harsh reality is Marsters was the only player who looked threatening.

Man I thought Rochow was a complete dud but he’s proven me wrong, thought Godinet did a job also. The real winner for me though was Marshall, controlled the game nicely especially when Brooks got 10 in the bin and no passes into the grandstand is an added bonus lol

If I had to pick

3. Marshall
2. Marsters
1. (The whole teams defense)

Marshall and Marsters the clear stand outs though.

Clifferd

Coach
I believe we will b best served with Thompson at fullback & Fonua & Nofa on the wings.We need to find a better left centre than the pathetic Naquama.I hope Milne is good enough to lay claim the left centre spot

Milne was pretty unimpressive imo. Can’t see him dethroning Naiquama for a while unfortunately

On the other hand Nofo, McQueen, Sue, Felise, Gamble and the number 12 (can’t remmebr his name) all had blinders in reserve grade

Tiger Ted

Bench
Milne was pretty unimpressive imo. Can’t see him dethroning Naiquama for a while unfortunately

On the other hand Nofo, McQueen, Sue, Felise, Gamble and the number 12 (can’t remmebr his name) all had blinders in reserve grade
If only McQueen had the pace to play in the centres again coz the left centre is a concern.Otherwise I’m pretty comfortable with the depth in other positions.FK Moses Suli
I honestly hope that ingrate is incapable of resurrecting his career.