What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Sea Eagles @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Knights v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
So while he was scoring all those tries, record, you continued to knock him or was it just after he left and became the opposition. I want us to win but I hope he has a good game, he was a champion for us and I hope he gets a good reception on the night.

Really Old Dog? Is that what you think?

I was no Uate fan from 2012. Couldn't wait to see the back of him after it became apparent he couldn't tackle or catch the baĺl. Sometimes he couldn't hang on to it. Poor hands. It cost him his rep career.

No good scoring a try a week if you continually let in 2 or 3. I'm assuming you watched him regularly for us after 2012 Old Dog. Not good.

Knock him only because he left? Surely you jest Old Dog. Glad when he was released but it was at least 2 years too late. Having a shit centre inside him was also a problem so I cut him some slack there.

Good luck to him. Great if he scores a heap a tries and gets Manly over the line. But we will be dog shit dumb if we don't target him with kicks and plays to his side of the field.

Frederick

Staff member
Perenara reffed a game in training for the club recently, so at least we'll know exactly where he sits on rule interpretations.

And that was Ashley Klein who ignored the advice of his touch judge and awarded the phantom try.

EDIT: Just realised Perenara is a video ref, not on-field so pretty much nullifies what I just said

Dave_

Juniors
I'll admit that my expectations are pretty low after the poor trial performance and the dud team selection. This is probably a good thing

Still Nutty

Juniors
Perenara reffed a game in training for the club recently, so at least we'll know exactly where he sits on rule interpretations.

And that was Ashley Klein who ignored the advice of his touch judge and awarded the phantom try.

EDIT: Just realised Perenara is a video ref, not on-field so pretty much nullifies what I just said

Yeah - I know...Henry did the Parra trial and we saw his usual standard interpretations for Knights games :rolleyes:.

Just hope we don't get 2017 quality video non-reviews like last year's Manly game and Uate 'try', or if it does get to the bunker, we don't suffer from Perinara's approach to find reasons NOT to award us a try ;)

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
That's a massive home crowd for our first game, so pumped for tonight! Hopefully the crowd creates a great atmosphere which will lift the boys a notch or two.

Just arrived at the stadium and they've already played that pre-recorded Newcastle chant about 5 times in a row.. f**k me I was hoping they would've got rid of it this year lol

Knight Vision

First Grade
Just arrived at the stadium and they've already played that pre-recorded Newcastle chant about 5 times in a row.. f**k me I was hoping they would've got rid of it this year lol
Why is that ? Having not been to the games because I dont live in Australia , hearing the NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE chant gives my goose bumps when watching on TV. Pumps me right up !!

Glendale

Juniors
Just like the trial the edges in defence look all over the place, over the other side too in the set before this they cut us up.

perverse

Referee
Sloppy on the edges. Getting beaten in the middle a bit, but not dramatically. All things considered though, I expected a lot more rust. Loads of potential here.

Frederick

Staff member
First half went a lot better than I thought it would. Manly are a lot bigger than us and are trying to muscle us out of the game but we're not laying down like we have in the past. Our scramble D is much improved. Still quite a few deficiencies in our game and the attack doesn't look as polished as it could be but that will come with time.

Latest posts