What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
I havnt seen the full game yet But that backward running of Noufas for however many metres into their red zone was just him looking over his kingdom seeking a gap to blast through instead of taking a boring tackle ..that’s what all the good players do..he’s just rusty as hell I think..

Pezz70

Juniors
I havnt seen the full game yet But that backward running of Noufas for however many metres into their red zone was just him looking over his kingdom seeking a gap to blast through instead of taking a boring tackle ..that’s what all the good players do..he’s just rusty as hell I think..

In this day it is an absolute sin. You cannot get your team rolling forward running sideways, that particular run cost us 30-40m not just the 10m he went backwards. If you’re not running forward bending the line or soaking up defenders then you’re useless. Maybe one in every hundred of those style of runs results in anything. One thing that I do like is that he can stand in a tackle, but this is a double edged sword too, teams have now realised that there’s two ways to slow the ruck, roll em on their back or stand em up and hold them till your line is set. The good attacking teams all go reasonably quickly to their knees and get up quickly to play it. Tigers always seem to be a step behind in the ruck, whether it’s wrestling opposition on their backs in defence or being able to keep their knees in attack. Does hurt us a bit.

WA Tiger

Bench
In this day it is an absolute sin. You cannot get your team rolling forward running sideways, that particular run cost us 30-40m not just the 10m he went backwards. If you’re not running forward bending the line or soaking up defenders then you’re useless. Maybe one in every hundred of those style of runs results in anything. One thing that I do like is that he can stand in a tackle, but this is a double edged sword too, teams have now realised that there’s two ways to slow the ruck, roll em on their back or stand em up and hold them till your line is set. The good attacking teams all go reasonably quickly to their knees and get up quickly to play it. Tigers always seem to be a step behind in the ruck, whether it’s wrestling opposition on their backs in defence or being able to keep their knees in attack. Does hurt us a bit.
Technical knowledge u have over me Pez I just bluff my way through most times hope it’s not too wide of the mark...Naufa just got ahead of himself by sounds...I’ll check out the game today

Latest posts