What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Roosters @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Knights v Roosters

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
What a game. What a f**king amazing game. The toughness, the aggression, the resilience, the passion, the desire. Holy f**k, for the fifth week in a row every single player in the side stood the f**k up and played their part as well as they possibly could have. I could feel the atmosphere at home; packed out stadium, vocal crowd, the Newcastle chants were amazing to hear. With this kind of attitude, Newcastle can truly become the fortress it used to be.

More importantly, we're 1/1 at the start of our toughest period of the season and currently 4th on the ladder, in attack and in defence; we're in such an amazing position, even better given where we were 5 weeks ago. I've never been so happy to be wrong about Brown. What this side has become in the last 5 weeks is even better than I had hoped or expected or even wanted this season.

Pedge1971

First Grade
And did I miss something? I feel like i didnt see DSaf in the second half.

Klemmer played 50 mins plus and they brought Dan on in the last 15 to towel them up. It worked but Dan was immense in the first 15 when it was sorting the men from the boys.

Klemmer and Glasby seem to have gotten the local kids realising potential.

My dad who used to terrorise away teams in the dodgy corner on the rhs of the main grandstand at the old Marathon. Was a rabbits fan his whole life but brought his kids up in Newy and grew to love the Knights almost as much. Either way we all hated the roosters.

He has Parkinsons now but was bloody still fighting the ref on the telly tonight when he came to the roosters rescue.

Just like the good ol days on the hill ol mate!

Just 2 points but celebrate!

Silent Knight

First Grade
Klemmer played 50 mins plus and they brought Dan on in the last 15 to towel them up. It worked but Dan was immense in the first 15 when it was sorting the men from the boys.

Klemmer and Glasby seem to have gotten the local kids realising potential.

My dad who used to terrorise away teams in the dodgy corner on the rhs of the main grandstand at the old Marathon. Was a rabbits fan his whole life but brought his kids up in Newy and grew to love the Knights almost as much. Either way we all hated the roosters.

He has Parkinsons now but was bloody still fighting the ref on the telly tonight when he came to the roosters rescue.

Just like the good ol days on the hill ol mate!

Just 2 points but celebrate!

Ol mite! Too easy.

Old dog

Juniors
Don’t take anything away from our win by downgrading the roosters, we played so well we didn’t let them in, it was us that won due to effort, ability and desire they just came up against a better side on the night, so very proud of the result/effort of the 17.
We are in with a show.

Willie Ray

Bench
What a game. What a f**king amazing game. The toughness, the aggression, the resilience, the passion, the desire. Holy f**k, for the fifth week in a row every single player in the side stood the f**k up and played their part as well as they possibly could have. I could feel the atmosphere at home; packed out stadium, vocal crowd, the Newcastle chants were amazing to hear. With this kind of attitude, Newcastle can truly become the fortress it used to be.

More importantly, we're 1/1 at the start of our toughest period of the season and currently 4th on the ladder, in attack and in defence; we're in such an amazing position, even better given where we were 5 weeks ago. I've never been so happy to be wrong about Brown. What this side has become in the last 5 weeks is even better than I had hoped or expected or even wanted this season.
the leadership shown by the number seven and Captain is outstanding...
he is leading and they are following....
It is a bit strange though this feeling of ...
' did the Knights just whoop the Premiers?'.
and the answer...'yep they sure did'.
happy days.

Spot On

Coach
Sack Brown though right ol mate?

Brown deserves all the praise for hiring Woolf as I understand it. The way he has the side defending atm is what some of us have been screaming about for years and could never understand why we couldn't achieve it.

Biggest dilemma may now be keeping the bloke here long term?

Knight Vision

First Grade
great game of footy, the team is coming together nicely. A couple of years and we are into the premiership up to our eyeballs

Pedge1971

First Grade
Brown deserves all the praise for hiring Woolf as I understand it. The way he has the side defending atm is what some of us have been screaming about for years and could never understand why we couldn't achieve it.

Biggest dilemma may now be keeping the bloke here long term?

And the 36 scored tonight? And the how many wins in a row?

Should we sack Brown now is all I asked? Or give him the season to see if he can dig his way out of this shit hole we find ourselves in?

That may have been about 5 or 6 weeks ago if I recall correctly? Getting a bit long in the tooth so not sure.......

Knight Vision

First Grade

Should we sack Brown now is all I asked? Or give him the season to see if he can dig his way out of this shit hole we find ourselves in?

That may have been about 5 or 6 weeks ago if I recall correctly? Getting a bit long in the tooth so not sure.......
just imagine those that have to live with him on a daily basis ? some see things as a positive or turn lemons into lemonade and others just winge ....in a team environment theyre cancer.

Great win by the lads and we are on the path to something special.

Joel-22

Juniors
I've done this before, but I want to give a special mention again to Hymel Hunt. I think we should re-sign him asap, he has been killing it for us. I actually think he's outplaying Ramien and I like what Ramien is doing also

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Best thing is I don't think we're getting the best out of Ramien. He's been solid but he can be better and if we crack that this year, then suddenly our attack down that side changes dramatically and adds another dimension to our attack which is just building better week by week.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I've done this before, but I want to give a special mention again to Hymel Hunt. I think we should resign, he has been killing it for us. I actually think he's outplaying Ramien and I like what Ramien is doing also
surely one of our most best value buys in a long while. He is going awesome and right up there as one of the best centres in the game at the moment.

Spot On

Coach

Ahh, weve been here before ... Just post the quote I wrote saying Brown should be sacked if that will make you happy Pedge. What is stopping you??

Get your defense right and the attack will follow. An age old rugby league saying ... Wayne Bennett's main philosophy on coaching, Mlb Storms key to success etc and it looks as though we finally have that in order. Something some of us have been crying out for consistently for yrs. You don't agree???

Hopefully we keep on improving it, get better at it and continue to believe in it. It intimidated the Roosters tonight and continually shut them out, disrupted their attack and frustrated them. Granted they were without their halves but we were finally aggressive and imposing for an entire game against a quality opposition. That is not something a Knight''s pack has done in eons.

Give Woolf a wrap FFS. He deserves it!

Anyway, I'm impressed. Was hoping others would be as well.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
just imagine those that have to live with him on a daily basis ? some see things as a positive or turn lemons into lemonade and others just winge ....in a team environment theyre cancer.

Great win by the lads and we are on the path to something special.

Wow. .. is this the herd starting its run again? Nice stuff KV if that is meant to be a personal insult. Top shelf mate.

Praising our defensive coach for the incedible job he has done is hurtful to some?

Why shouldn't he be given a wrap for what he is achieving?

Last edited: