What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Cronulla @ C.ex Coffs International Stadium, Coffs Harbour / Gumbaynggirr

Who will win? Round 12: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
Crossland looks like almost an NRL standard hooker when playing against Randall if you squint.

Against an actual NRL standard hooker pretty obvious how bad he is.
Yep, it’s pretty much like saying he compares favourably to guys who are park footy standard

Yosh

Coach
We looked like a reserve grade side against the Sharks today. How are we in the same division? Sharks were going at it at 70% and still convincingly beat us.

- We need a proper hooker. Crossland is trying his best but his best just ain't good enough to be frank.
- Miller needs to be dropped. Don't care who comes in but whoever has actually play fullback before would be nice.
- I don't have the exact stats but Hynes gets the ball 2 or 3 times a set. Ponga gets the ball 2 or 3 times a half....... Is it a coaching thing or what?
- We literally hit the ball one up and kicked high on the 5th every single damn time. We could be up 10, down 20 or down 1000 and we'd do the same thing over and over again. Don't need anything special, kick on the 4th a couple of times, get some early ball to Best and Gagai in our half to mix it up a little. I've seen U12s who have more attacking threat and variety than us.

Frustrating. That game should have been 50-6.

perverse

Referee
Honestly, it being a final is the only reason its stood the test of time. There have been some seriously worse individual performances in the recent years. At least the poor bastard only did it one game.
Oh absolutely. It's still a rare, high quality stinker - but the stakes and context absolutely elevate it to folklore level.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I still watch the "highlights" on youtube every now and then for a giggle. Hearing Sterlos heart break in real time is both devastating and downright hilarious at the same time.

The funny thing is I know exactly how Sterlo feels in that moment. We live it nearly every week.
Can you link the video?
I can’t remember the game you guys are referring to.

mozza91

Coach
We need a hooker so badly. The fact we haven’t attempted to sign someone after Brailey’s injury is an indictment on the club.
A fullback who isn’t a complete liability is the next option but if we play Ponga or Hodgson at 1 we get get that so it’s not a huge issue. I just hope Obi realises this soon before the season is ruined.

Old dog

Juniors
Crosslands gives it his all, but just not quite the player required for the positition, if the likes of the Safs, Hetherington did so we would be better placed and Crossland would look better

Loose Cannon

Bench

The man, the myth, the legend.
Watched that live as an original Bulldogs supporter, (Knights were 2 back then, took me a while to reverse the heart despite previous year euphoria. Still love my Dogs, but the locals got me despite repeated Cariges). Greatest comeback in the history of the game. Pretty sure it was 18-2 at 70 minutes. Polla-Mounter’s shot at 1 from halfway skimming the crossbar at the siren was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.

Woody90

Juniors
Crosslands gives it his all, but just not quite the player required for the positition, if the likes of the Safs, Hetherington did so we would be better placed and Crossland would look better

If we’re being serious we need a new hooker and a new front row. It’s a combination of Crossland not being a hooker and the front row being lazy and ineffective.

Crossland isn’t good enough to make up for the forwards short comings and the fowards aren’t good enough to make up for Crosslands’.

Old dog

Juniors
Happy with Thompson in front row, maybe partner him with Hetherington to start and bring Safs on later, Croker can cover 11-13

perverse

Referee
Not fussed on him either but no one else to play in top 17 so may as well use him up front and possibly shake up the Safs
They're not going to get shaken up. It's been years and years of the same shit. They know exactly how much they need to do to get away with it.

slotmachine

First Grade
So we sacked Klem because he was a bum on too much money who was crippling our attack, allowing the Safs to be unleashed because he was holding them back.

How is that working out.

perverse

Referee
So we sacked Klem because he was a bum on too much money who was crippling our attack, allowing the Safs to be unleashed because he was holding them back.

How is that working out.
We're playing marginally better is how it's worked out? Not sure the point you're trying to make. We don't miss Klem.