1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Jul 26, 2020.

?

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Warriors

Poll closed Jul 31, 2020.
  1. Wests Tigers 13+

80.0%
  2. Wests Tigers 1-12

10.0%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

10.0%
  4. Warriors 1-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Warriors 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Walters got absolutely no ball. I don't know whether it was a strategy to separate them but I am personally of the view that Walters needs to be given more ball.

The Broncos game was enough to demonstrate that Walters can contribute at the NRL level.

The Charlatan and WA Tiger like this.
  2. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Here here. Mbye has no idea under the highball. Was back there for the second half last week and dropped another.

Fordy20 and benched tiger like this.
  3. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Madge doesn’t see the importance of keeping Walters at 6 and Benji at 7 ..Maybe he thinks Brookes and Benji are just as good at 7 and 6 ?? despite all the evidence to the contrary...Instead he’s dropped Brookes then brought him back onto the bench so if there is any injury the only option is Brookes back at 7 Benji to 6 and Walters can fill the gap wherever it is .. why Madge is fking with the spine like that? ..and we could be lumbered with the “nothing to offer” Brookes from the 5th minute of the game..

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  4. Mr_Raditch

Mr_Raditch Juniors

Brooks

5. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

I think he has been starting to tail off a bit the last couple of games and getting dominated more regularly.

He always seems to do that, comes back into the team and has some really good games and using his size for dominance in both attack and defence but then 4 or 5 games in he starts to lose that edge and then starts coming up with miss tackles or getting driving back when running the ball. Don't know if it is a fitness or mental thing but he seems to struggle with long spells in the top grade.

But that also makes him ideal as a squad player so really hope we extend him, so long as it is not for starting money.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  6. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Brokes

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  7. Pezz70

Pezz70 Juniors

I don’t see too much difference between Walters and Brooks in the halves to be honest. Walters had a good game against the Broncos but let’s face it, the Broncos are playing like they belong in Canterbury Cup. In that Broncos game Walters didn’t really create a lot, what he did do, was play a bit like a fullback, he trailed the ball carrier and put himself in the play, he looked like he wanted the ball. I’d be almost inclined to give him a run at the back and have him trail the forwards up through the centre and edges. I think it would be a very rewarding strategy against the warriors.

benched tiger likes this.
  8. Pezz70

Pezz70 Juniors

I like our pack atm, they’re workers and they are reasonably mobile. Our 1-7 are just ordinary, Talau and Nofo are doing ok, and Benji although good with ball in hand, and those bombs are awesome is just a massive liability defensively

Old Time Tiger likes this.
  9. League WTF

League WTF Juniors

I’d still choose Mbye over AD. I watched that second half again and Mbye was supporting in almost every play, something I haven’t seen from AD. Our attack looks so much better.

Plus, I’m almost certain Mbye wouldn’t have missed that 1 on 1 tackle against a front rower. Not by that much anyway...

If we keep AD back there. Other teams will start targeting him like crazy.

WA Tiger likes this.
  10. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Just on the game, what is the opinion of taking the kick at goal (which we got) instead of attacking for a try? We appeared to have them on the ropes at the time.

I thought at the time it was a keep attacking moment. But wasn't too unhappy with the 2 pts. Turned out to be not so good though.

OOPs, wrong thread should of been the Eels game.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  11. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Yes Mario, he got no ball and he needs more ball but where I'm confused is around Brooks/Reynolds/Walters/Marshall and Mybe.

Madge drops Marshall
    Madge thought that it should be Brooks/Reynolds. But retained Mybe.

Souths game:
    Reynolds did not do much in the Souths game except get a 2 week break,
    Result: Brooks dropped to bench so in came Walters. But retained Mybe.

Broncos game:
    Walters had a very good game against the Donkeys (perhaps that wasn't a good indication for Madge).
    Result: Brooks played from the bench, Walters moved to 9 when Grant given an early break. But retained Mybe.

Eels game:
    Walters did not do much against the Eels, Brooks was still on the bench, Mybe still in the team.
    Result: (for me) Mybe was better at fullback when AD went off, it was the only result (positive).

This week, Walters retains his spot (fair enough), Reynolds is back from his break but doesn't make the 17 so did Madge 'drop' Reynolds? You'd assume so. (Walters can cover for the 9 just like Reynolds but younger, faster is the way to go)
    Brooks retains his spot but why?

Mybe still retains his spot. The only reason I can see that Mybe is retained is for his goal attempts, even next week Lawrence could move to his centre spot and hold his own but there's no kicker.

Tiger Ted and Tigerm like this.
  12. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Benji can kick, don’t think he is any worse then Mbye.
    Agree re Brooks, can’t see how it helps Walters game, knowing he can be hooked at any time.
    Someone said (T05,I think) that Lawrence and BJ would be an interesting centre pairing, it would be worth a look.
    I like the idea of Mbye being on the bench as basically a cover for all backs & hooker.
    Though unless AD improves his FB game then maybe he needs to go 6 and maybe try Walters at 1, not sure how that would work, but somethings needs to happen with him in another position if he can’t improve his game.
    Still keen to see the new signing show his stuff as well.

Tiger Ted likes this.
  13. benched tiger

benched tiger Bench

I don’t mind the idea of swapping AD and Billy about ,AD seems slow at the back although he is pretty safe under the high ball,I not sure whether Billy is any good under the high ball but at least he would be quicker and provide more support play than AD.

Tiger Ted and Tigerm like this.
  14. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

For all the issues we may have at least there's light at the end of the tunnel instead of another train.

Tiger05 likes this.
  15. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

We should belt them. Get a couple of early tries and run off with it.

16. Blackwhitegold

Blackwhitegold Juniors

The boys to get the job done with nice defence. Keep them to 0 and who cares how many points we score, 30+ would be nice.

17. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Unbelievable, and hour before kick-off and the WT vs Warriors doesn't rate a mention on Fox sport.
    To be fair, Bronc's & Sharks don't get anything either.

18. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

1 Adam Doueihi
    2 David Nofoaluma
    3 Chris Lawrence
    4 Moses Mbye
    5 Tommy Talau
    6 Billy Walters
    7 Benji Marshall
    8 Josh Aloiai
    9 Harry Grant
    10 Oliver Clark
    11 Luke Garner
    12 Luciano Leilua
    13 Alex Twal

14 Sam McIntyre
    15 Thomas Mikaele
    16 Luke Brooks
    17 Shawn Blore

19. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Still persisting with Brooks, I don’t understand the thinking. Otherwise not a bad team.

20. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

How does your top kicker miss a goal from nearly in front FMD.