1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Jul 26, 2020.

?

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Warriors

Poll closed Jul 31, 2020.
  1. Wests Tigers 13+

80.0%
  2. Wests Tigers 1-12

10.0%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

10.0%
  4. Warriors 1-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Warriors 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

For me, we have a terrific bunch of young forwards.
    But the trouble is, they are young forwards, still learning their craft. Packer has helped, did we rush Twall back?

Brooks offered nothing as a bench player.

But not having a GK is just bullshit, how many games are we going to lose before we rectify this fact.

A lot of this is on Madge.

2. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Ill bite, who is droopy?

3. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

Look up the definition of "piss weak" in the dictionary and there will be a video of tonight's effort from the Tigers.

League WTF, axl rose and Tigerm like this.
  4. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

The positive is we may get to see the new kid from Easts on the field next week (should have been this week) ...We get Hoffman in his natural position at centre...Mbye in reserves Benji kicks ...Just something different ...new combinations without being forced to because of injury.....preferably not including Brooks on the Bench. Otherwise the players feel safe and eventually get stale..Trying new combinations should not be the big deal Madge is making it out to be.And he should have already settled on the best combination by now but instead he has no clue what to do..

axl rose likes this.
  5. stryker

stryker Juniors

That useless piece of shit who plays fullback

Tigerm likes this.
  6. stryker

stryker Juniors

Piss weak is what we dish up whenever there’s a sniff we may see some success. Year after year, it doesn’t matter the makeup of the squad, they all succumb...losing is in the DNA of the club.

macnaz and Wizardman like this.
  7. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

I read a phrase in the smh this week referring to Trump that he has a “pathological unwillingness to admit error..” With Madge a fear of trying something new for fear it may look like he made a mistake eg Brookes on the bench Mbye as captain and at centre...These easy games are the best times to at least try one change, breath new life into the team proactive selection..I haven’t even had a good look at the game yet but I just know the game last week warranted trying something new at fullback with the new kid perhaps ? but no..

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Phil Gould likes this.
  8. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

I've had an absolute merkin of a week and this has topped it off. Thanks Wests ya merkins.

WA Tiger likes this.
  9. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

We were totally f**ked.

Rowdy’s last stand. A fitting finish.

They should have necked themselves at halftime than put us through that.

Pascoe should lock Madge up in solitary for the week and then belt him for a day when he gets out.

No excuses for that slop.

axl rose and WA Tiger like this.
  10. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Hear what you are saying Axl but if they all played with as much heart as CL they’d be a very good team.

gordsy likes this.
  11. benched tiger

benched tiger Bench

Fortunately I missed tonight’s game, but on my way home from work I listened to the first 20 minutes of the second half on the radio via MMM, that was enough to get that feeling of dread and that the WT were about to let their supporters down and blow another game they were expected to win.

12. Phil Gould

Phil Gould Juniors

Warriors defense rushed up and smothered most of the Tigers attack. They Just showed more energy for more of the game, there weren't too many errors, they just wanted it more.

When the Tigers move the ball they make more meters. Obviously that can't happen all the time but when ground isn't being made up the middle, Benji needs the ball in his hands more, he should see out the season as captain, in my eyes. I'm struggling to see a place for Brooks, other than a back up for injuries.

WA Tiger likes this.
  13. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Due to covid we have to play Brooks on the bench, if we need a half back in six weeks time and Brooks has no game time, imagine how bad he'd be. I shudder when i think about it.

Phil Gould likes this.
  14. axl rose

axl rose Bench

I suppose, at least he is not on 900,000 a year like Mbye!

15. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

We don’t need Brooks EVER ..especially on the last play of the game needing a try for a draw

16. philgood

philgood Juniors

Nothing wrong with the club? Are you serious?

Dont tell me what i must or must not do you prick.

17. The Silverdale Phantom

Madge was off his ducking tree at the press conference.

He was so furious, he could barely breathe. Seething with loathing and contempt.

The boys have pulled the tigers tail way too hard this time and a couple of the lads will be lucky to survive the training this week.

He said he spoke to the senior players after the match....I bet a couple of them are still trying to get their heads out of the door.

Supercharge week coming, finals like prep.

He has no choice.

Knights should be terrified.

18. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

I can’t see those changes being made WA simply because Madge believes he’s right.
    Hoffman to centre, I think Talau would get a run their first but Talau is pretty safe under the kicks so Madge won’t move him.
    Mybe to reserves, but who will miss the ones in front?
    New kid from Easts, as a winger? See above and Nofa has been ok, so no.
    What I couldn’t see Madge doing is putting Talau and Asu Kepaoa together.
    But perhaps a different selection that might work is, Nofa to 1 replaced by Asu. but I think Madge will only make a change at 1 if AD is hurt and 2 he thinks he needs a change in the halves again, the 3rd one will happen anyway as BJ comes straight back.

in the forwards, well the simple one is Packer for Clark, then perhaps Lawrence for Garner, with Makaele and Aloiai on notice.

19. League WTF

League WTF Juniors

AD is not fullback material. Should have swapped position with Mbye. I honestly think Mbye could have stopped both of those Hiku tries.

Maybe that dash out of dummy half try too...

WA Tiger likes this.
  20. The Silverdale Phantom

Awesome premonition.

You should buy yourself a lottery ticket this weekend, share the numbers with us.

It was a performance that strangled the hope out of most of us.

I’ve got a faint pulse, but that’s it.

I thought even if we have average players, Madge can brainwash them into thinking they are pretty good ones, but I’m not sure now.