What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Cowboys v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He was just unhinged and ridiculous.

His side snatched defeat from the jaws of victory for a second straight week.

They learnt nothing over 7 days and what he was doing was defending his inability to teach them how to close out a game.

At least Madge accepts blame, owns the result with the players. Like we are all in this together.

Leadership.

If anyone is interested in how the first grade side celebrated a historic win, you can visit the nrl site where they have captured the side celebrating a win that very few people expected.

All of us are guilty of under-rating this controversial and often friendless squad.

They deserve every accolade they receive for this incredible performance.it wasn’t perfect...but occasionally you have to embrace that aspect of the game.

And I just wanted to applaud benji with that kick at the end. Half of the cowboys were up in his face munstering him. It was vintage.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
The one call that pissed me off was the mck knock on over the line. Chambers did exactly this and apparently maintained possession to score the match winner against the scum.

stryker

First Grade
Tigers win

Everybody except Stryker: Mbye looked the goods in the centres

Stryker: He looked terrible

Everybody except Stryker: Madge inherited Clearys mess, he is doing well with what he's got.

Stryker: Sack Madge !!!
Go and watch the game you clown. Make your own mind up for a change.
Mbye is shit no matter where he plays. He kills momentum and has bugger all creativity
Madge has the side spluttering along and threatening to regress from last year. He is average.

stryker

First Grade
I havent seen a replay of the matterson try, if esan got a hand to it we got one lucky

The penalty try was one of the more obvious ones. Mck got hit flush in the mouth and dropped it. I realised it got stripped but i have no doubt thr fact that he got whacked in the head helped the defender strip the ball. Either way esan dove on the stripped ball

Other calls went against us. When it was 20 all they called a knock on from Thompson who was facing his ingoal, clearly went backwards. Cowboys scored next set. The penalty to make it 26 all was the first time a flops been penalised in a decade.

The Cows lead by 4 with 3 minutes to go. We played the ball on tackle 3 on our 20m line. They just had to defend that set and they win, blaming the refs is a cop out from a coach under pressure
The refs made some quenstionable calls but thats because they were falling asleep.
The truth is, we won because the cows charged down 2 fieldgoal attempts giving us repeat sets and three shots in great field position in a row during extra time. It was inevitable that one would go over. They were abysmal in the first 40 and we were disgusting in the second. The game itself was a putrid stain on the code where the side who was the least shit won. Neither side was better than 4/10 over the whole 85 minutes and frankly a draw was the fair result.

stryker

First Grade
If anyone is interested in how the first grade side celebrated a historic win, you can visit the nrl site where they have captured the side celebrating a win that very few people expected.

All of us are guilty of under-rating this controversial and often friendless squad.

They deserve every accolade they receive for this incredible performance.it wasn’t perfect...but occasionally you have to embrace that aspect of the game.

And I just wanted to applaud benji with that kick at the end. Half of the cowboys were up in his face munstering him. It was vintage.
LMFAO
"Historic win"
"Deserve ever accolade they recieve"
"Incredible performance"
"It wasnt perfect"
What the f**k are you watching? That was an aweful performance against dreadful opposition who gifted us our tries in one of the seasons worst games. Ive said before i thought you were a rival supporter trying to troll us all. Now i think its more likely you are just a club plant.

Tiger05

First Grade
Stryker - you may well be the most positive person I've ever met.

Mbye was good. We finally had some pace out wide on that edge. The jury is out on him though. He needs to improve a lot or we need to accept he is an average and not a star player.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
05 made a comment on Mbye's pace, I was actually quite surprised at how slow he seemed. Everyone was saying he was quick but there were a few times he made half breaks and one big break and he was run down. He isn't as fast as I thought, well maybe he is quick but not one of those 'shut the gate' type guys....anyway, he had a good game on Friday so good on him.

Tiger05

First Grade
05 made a comment on Mbye's pace, I was actually quite surprised at how slow he seemed. Everyone was saying he was quick but there were a few times he made half breaks and one big break and he was run down. He isn't as fast as I thought, well maybe he is quick but not one of those 'shut the gate' type guys....anyway, he had a good game on Friday so good on him.

I thought the same thing. When he got space he should have finished that.

The thing is he is playing for his next contract and at the moment he isn't worth decent coin. It's good that he is versatile but he needs to kill it on the field to justify big dollars. At the moment he looks like our best centre but that doesn't mean he gets top dollar.

Tiger Ted

Bench
U r correct he isn’t quick & I don’t rate him.Id b very wary about getting excited about him after an ok game against atrocious opposition.Ive got no doubt that there’s truth about him being shopped around as Madge wouldve realised he is shithouse & that he can never give us value for money.

The only positive about fri nite is we got the 2 pts other than that it was a std below par effort by the team.

The unknown

Juniors
LMFAO
"Historic win"
"Deserve ever accolade they recieve"
"Incredible performance"
"It wasnt perfect"
What the f**k are you watching? That was an aweful performance against dreadful opposition who gifted us our tries in one of the seasons worst games. Ive said before i thought you were a rival supporter trying to troll us all. Now i think its more likely you are just a club plant.

Haha never change

Cowboys pack destroyed our forwards it wasn't even funny yet we still managed to scrape by. That was a tough win against a team that should be going a lot better than what the ladder suggests

Winning while not even playing at our best can only be a good thing - lots of improvement

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I see Gamble is playing centre today in the 2's. I realise many on here are undecided about him but I will be very interested in how he goes running off Reynolds. Centre really is our problem at the moment and he could be an option for the top grade...lets see after today.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I thought the same thing. When he got space he should have finished that.

The thing is he is playing for his next contract and at the moment he isn't worth decent coin. It's good that he is versatile but he needs to kill it on the field to justify big dollars. At the moment he looks like our best centre but that doesn't mean he gets top dollar.

Lockyer reckons Mbye is a hooker. Interesting seeing Liddle might still be at the club, so too Simpkins. Be interesting to see if that is the case. I just know we need an 80 minute hooker, I hate that we need to carry one on the bench...I love seeing big forwards on the bench haha.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lockyer reckons Mbye is a hooker. Interesting seeing Liddle might still be at the club, so too Simpkins. Be interesting to see if that is the case. I just know we need an 80 minute hooker, I hate that we need to carry one on the bench...I love seeing big forwards on the bench haha.

Is he a better hooker than Liddle ? Would you take that punt ? Personally I think Liddle looks like a good option and I don't see why you would play Mbye there.

Mbye would be a good bench player because you could put him on anywhere. Maybe he will make it as a centre.

They have to find a spot for him and pay him what he is worth or shift him.

He isn't playing as well as he did last year. I hope he can get that form back but honestly we need more than last years form out of they guy.

Fordy20

Juniors
Haha never change

Cowboys pack destroyed our forwards it wasn't even funny yet we still managed to scrape by. That was a tough win against a team that should be going a lot better than what the ladder suggests

Winning while not even playing at our best can only be a good thing - lots of improvement

Morgan's kicking game in the second half was absolutely clinical. The way he kept pinning us in the corner helped their forwards dominate and kept us in our own half. If it was wasn't for that break by Liddle we wouldn't have had the opportunity to walk away with the 2 points.

Detective striker was right. My cover is blown!

I am most definitely a club plant. Pascoe pays me with a paper bag and I get the choice of any single cheerleader I want to marry and raise a family with.

I can assure everyone these covert secret fees are not included in the salary cap.

We played so terribly, we won in North Queensland. I am sorry we didn’t beat them by 50 or more, if only we had followed strikers constructive and happy advice.

Off to camp greenberger for me. Gitmo for nrl espionage agents

But I’m not talking mate.

You won’t capture our other agents.

Or find my cyanide capsule.

stryker

First Grade
Detective striker was right. My cover is blown!

I am most definitely a club plant. Pascoe pays me with a paper bag and I get the choice of any single cheerleader I want to marry and raise a family with.

I can assure everyone these covert secret fees are not included in the salary cap.

We played so terribly, we won in North Queensland. I am sorry we didn’t beat them by 50 or more, if only we had followed strikers constructive and happy advice.

Off to camp greenberger for me. Gitmo for nrl espionage agents

But I’m not talking mate.

You won’t capture our other agents.

Or find my cyanide capsule.
You are overcompensating

Latest posts