What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs South Sydney @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 14: South Sydney v Newcastle

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the way Best has been shut out I've wondered if we should play him on the other side. We could use some push on the the right side with Frizell out.

Jono078

Referee
Like the look of that team list - as good as we can name right now. Mann has to have a big game - his only hope now is the make the centre position his own or it's see you later and all the best with your future endeavors.

Why do we seem to have so many weird 1 week injuries this year? In the past month Mann, Crossland and Toa have missed a week due to "injury".

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
At least the centre position will suit Mann better than the halves. He can run the ball as much as he wants and he showed last week that he can set up his winger if he’s required to throw the last pass.

That will hopefully help sure up the defence a bit with Tuala out on the wing.

Minor hope. I didn't think they had that many in origin.
"
For the Rabbitohs, Jai Arrow and Dane Gagai have not been named after being selected in State of Origin.

Origin players Damien Cook, Cameron Murray, Latrell Mitchell, Jaydn Su’A and Campbell Graham have all been named in the squad and will be assessed following tomorrow night’s match."

Jono078

Referee
Bitterly disappointed if true.

I did read he was offered a "backup utility" contract. Whatever that means.

Yosh

Coach
I am thinking Dan only plays like 25 minutes tomorrow night. Surely he will back up just fine on the weekend?

Mann in the centres is great. It means that he isn't in the halves and Tuala isn't in the centres. Could be the making of Mann. He does have a strong running game, defends well for a guy his size and can set up winger well. Hopefully he finds some confidence and form because it's looking like he is going to be at the club two more years anyway...

Hopefully he finds some confidence and form because it's looking like he is going to be at the club two more years anyway...
Only position I can really see for him unless Watson is more lock than utility or we have injuries.
We do need experience at centre. I don't know if I'd refer to Mann as experienced, especially there, but he's possibly the most experienced we have.

Old dog

Juniors
If you go through our right centre options, and it hasnot changed all year our best option is Mann, forget previous plays, positions, results, efforts it is what it is, Mann is our best option at right centre, next best option is Hunt but injured and seems better on wing if we could just find a right centre

Jono078

Referee
Daresay it's unlikely Murray will play. Who knows if Latrell, Cook and Sua back up.

This could go like the Manly game if turn up..

Knight Tales

Juniors
Finally Mann picked in his best position. I hope he defends like his life depends on it. If he keeps their left in check then it is going to raise a lot of questions about the selection form of our coaches. I know we have injuries but you still pick players in their strongest position. Mann is a centre.

Yosh

Coach
Finally Mann picked in his best position. I hope he defends like his life depends on it. If he keeps their left in check then it is going to raise a lot of questions about the selection form of our coaches. I know we have injuries but you still pick players in their strongest position. Mann is a centre.

Mann is more a reserve grader than centre in my honest opinion. But harsh maybe.

I hope Latrell is rested because he is going to carve us a new one if he plays.

Old dog

Juniors
Can’t believe that anyone thought that Mann was anything but a centre, yes he played/got selected in many positions that he wasn’t suitable to but that was due to being an experienced player who could do a half decent job that was better than anyone else available due to injury. He is hopefully back to centre his better position which he will likely hold for the rest of the season or longer barring further injuries. If we are to be competitive his best position is No18, he is wholehearted, gives his best which fluctuates between reserves an extended squad

Jono078

Referee
So this will be Mann’s 50th game for the club. Let’s see what this milestone game produces for him.

Latest posts