What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Canterbury @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta

Who will win? Round 15: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
As per my post above injuries have ruined us this year, including the lower grades. Our 3 development players are back rowers which is where we are lightest and all 3 have missed most of the year. One of them Api Saukuru played his first game last week, Brendan Tumeth has only been back for 2 weeks (was man of the match in his second game and is now starting for nsw u/19s this week).

We also have impressive young forwards Rua NgatKlaira, Bray Guyan and Kitoni Kautoga who would have been a chance at playing but are, yep you guessed it, injured.

All 3 grades have been ripped apart this year, I’ve never seen anything like it.
All that aside Vic, the fact is we suck and have sucked for a long time, got a few good ones coming next year, but the current lot seem to offer not much, currently when we lose most our our team look like U19’s in comparison to the opposition.
The good teams wouldn’t put up with the mediocrity that our players produce, some players seem almost unsackable.
Yes, it has been a shame we couldn’t put our best side on the park, but it’s the NRL, we should have cover?
I have been a big fan of not paying overs, but FFS, we need men who can match the opposition, hopefully they can turn it around, but I am not confident they can with the current mob?

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
All that aside Vic, the fact is we suck and have sucked for a long time, got a few good ones coming next year, but the current lot seem to offer not much, currently when we lose most our our team look like U19’s in comparison to the opposition.
The good teams wouldn’t put up with the mediocrity that our players produce, some players seem almost unsackable.
Yes, it has been a shame we couldn’t put our best side on the park, but it’s the NRL, we should have cover?
I have been a big fan of not paying overs, but FFS, we need men who can match the opposition, hopefully they can turn it around, but I am not confident they can with the current mob?
Maybe you guys need mick potter back. He has seemed to find the magic at the bulldogs since taking over.

Or hope kimmorley gives him a ring and works out how to make it fun for the players again.

Tigerm

First Grade
Maybe you guys need mick potter back. He has seemed to find the magic at the bulldogs since taking over.

Or hope kimmorley gives him a ring and works out how to make it fun for the players again.
Both Mick and Ivan were good for periods of the time here?

Phil Gould

Juniors
Problem is it's been 10-11 years but it's not a short term fix to I'm not sure if you guys have the same feeling but I actually have no feeling towards what I'm seeing being I'm so used to it. I'm just waiting for change. Not results but looking like a side using effort at least or losing close games not getting flogged. I'm not blaming Sheens he has only just come on board we have been like this for 3-5 years. He knows we can't attract stars so he is looking at players under 16-20 yrs as the future and hope we can make a new tedasco/farah/marshal/prince/skando type team long term. I can't see any other way so this will go on for a few more years.
I think you’re right in that to develop local talent will take 3-5 years to start bearing fruit. I think if injuries hadn’t taken out most of the team things would have been different, we would be looking hard at the 8 and we would be going into this week against the warriors, at their home for the first time in years with confidence of a win rather than a 30 point flogging.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think you’re right in that to develop local talent will take 3-5 years to start bearing fruit. I think if injuries hadn’t taken out most of the team things would have been different, we would be looking hard at the 8 and we would be going into this week against the warriors, at their home for the first time in years with confidence of a win rather than a 30 point flogging.
I don’t think any coach will last if they need 3-5 years to get success?

Dogs Of War

Coach

but even if you have good talent coming through you can’t expect to them to turn the team around.

Bulldogs are a good case for this. So much wasted talent. You need to be able to bring the talent in slowly.

Personally I think if the dogs haven’t signed Flanagan then you guys should be going hard for him.

Tigerm

First Grade
but even if you have good talent coming through you can’t expect to them to turn the team around.

Bulldogs are a good case for this. So much wasted talent. You need to be able to bring the talent in slowly.

Personally I think if the dogs haven’t signed Flanagan then you guys should be going hard for him.
If Ceraldo is going to f**k us around, then he may be the man?

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watched the post match presser, poor BK is really feeling the pinch and appears to be short of answers? His coaching career appears over before it’s begun?
That’s why I am worried about Ciraldo coming here, I just don’t think we are a club for a beginner?

gordsy

Juniors
As per my post above injuries have ruined us this year, including the lower grades. Our 3 development players are back rowers which is where we are lightest and all 3 have missed most of the year. One of them Api Saukuru played his first game last week, Brendan Tumeth has only been back for 2 weeks (was man of the match in his second game and is now starting for nsw u/19s this week).

We also have impressive young forwards Rua NgatKlaira, Bray Guyan and Kitoni Kautoga who would have been a chance at playing but are, yep you guessed it, injured.

All 3 grades have been ripped apart this year, I’ve never seen anything like it.
Would you put that down to bad luck or a lack of quality people in rehab , pre-hab area as well ?
We all remember the days of dr death.

stryker

First Grade
Just watched the post match presser, poor BK is really feeling the pinch and appears to be short of answers? His coaching career appears over before it’s begun?
That’s why I am worried about Ciraldo coming here, I just don’t think we are a club for a beginner?
Definitely not.
Ciraldo will be another Seibold

WA Tiger

Bench
Maybe Potter isn’t that good instead baz was that bad…and he’s not coaching a bunch of misfits..anyway let’s see how it unfolds against the heavyweights. As we know 2 good wins doesn’t mean anything

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Ah I didn’t mind the noddy presser.... For his first one. It wasn’t going to be easy..and I thought he was honest..he was talking solutions and positive about what could be done ..we’ve got good players, defence is his focus..He didn’t woffle on. He didn’t talk in cliches.

WA Tiger

Bench
My biggest concern was that Tamau has now branched out, into explaining the theory of relativity,or whatever it was…on top of his usual “when we are at training …” lines. And if he nods his head any more, it will fall off

Last edited: