What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Canterbury @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta

Who will win? Round 15: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
maybe Perths right and he can’t be dropped..how fked up is that

He can definitely be dropped. This line is for the conspiracy theorist Tigers supporters and it's BS.

I'm not going to defend Brooks. He was shit.

The problem is Hastings was pretty bad as well.

Our forwards get smashed.

Nofo hit the ball up hard. Laurie was alright. I'm searching for positives but there aren't many.

I think the club needs to sack Brooks but it's a bit unfair and I think the play Brooks had to hit it up like a forward because no forward was prepared to hit it up shows why. He was still shit but he is an average half with a forward pack that is getting dominated week in and week out.

soc123_au

Staff member
Why play so flat all of a sudden? One of the only things they have consistently done well this year is move the ball out to the edges with deep, phased runners, they should have done more of it. Now they’re playing flat all of a sudden and they have nothing. Is this BK’s influence?
The flat attack looks like the Sharks under Anderson with Kimmorly at 7. It was shit then, and it's shit now.

In regards to Brooks,I struggle to think of any other player that has played the best part of a decade in first grade, who still is totally clueless of what is required from him in a key position.

Vozzy

Juniors
If Hastings doesn't play like he did against Souffs and parra consistantly and then wants out it won't bother me. I will be annoyed if they don't try AD and Hastings starting within a month just to see how that goes. Our centres are woeful but really our forwards have turned to shit the last few weeks. They look like they don't have a coach and whether we had Madge or not the same result happened last game last year and we are the same with or without Madge.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Rest every player carrying even the slightest injury. This season is done. We have to put all eggs in next year's basket.

NRL really need a fkn relegation system. Teams like ours don't deserve to play NRL. Need to learn it's a fkn privilege playing first grade.

Add 7 more teams and make it two comps of 12. Would keep the fans of bottom teams interested at least

Phil Gould

Juniors
To bag Hastings is rich, at least he tries.
He does, it’s pretty tough going on the halves when the forwards aren’t rolling forward. The Tigers pack would have to be the smallest in the comp now and despite some quality being in there the bench doesn’t give support in the size department. There seems to be a hodgepodge of halves and hookers on the bench, looks like they want to try out different combinations but don’t have the balls to pull the trigger. They need some size coming off the bench, Twal is a workhorse but they need a couple of big impact players, the forwards have been decimated. I don’t know why they aren’t utilizing their mobility but instead go one out up the middle into a bunched defense of bigger players up suspiciously early.

The Tigers have moved the ball to the edges very safely and skillfully but not often enough. The storm don’t just go one out until they are within the opposition’s 40, they exploit a loaded defense in the middle by going from one edge to the other in a safe controlled manner. They don’t over use it or try risky ball handling maneuvers unless it’s right on the try line. The tigers make more ground on one set play, going to the edge, than a whole set of going up the middle most of the time. Why are they trying to out muscle a bigger pack? They need to outplay them instead.

Offloads are another killer. When the Tigers offload, which is rare, the receiving player 9 times out of 10 runs straight back into the group of players that were just tackling the offloader. Other teams make use of offloads by immediately passing to put players through gaps or run through them next to the ruck. The tigers look shocked when they receive an offload and give the opposition time to respond and cover the holes.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Why play so flat all of a sudden? One of the only things they have consistently done well this year is move the ball out to the edges with deep, phased runners, they should have done more of it. Now they’re playing flat all of a sudden and they have nothing. Is this BK’s influence?
Because Chris Anderson tactics are going to work in 2022 okay.

Murraymob1

Juniors
You guys need to look to next year give the next player or young kid a go now They get a few game’s under there belt rather than waiting for next year

Tiger05

First Grade
You guys need to look to next year give the next player or young kid a go now They get a few game’s under there belt rather than waiting for next year

We don't really have those players. We are getting smashed in reserve grade. We do have players coming through younger than that but they should step up to reserve grade first.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Rest every player carrying even the slightest injury. This season is done. We have to put all eggs in next year's basket.

NRL really need a fkn relegation system. Teams like ours don't deserve to play NRL. Need to learn it's a fkn privilege playing first grade.

Add 7 more teams and make it two comps of 12. Would keep the fans of bottom teams interested at least

Statistically we’ve had the worst injury run this year (number of weeks top 30 players have missed) and from what I hear guys like Hastings, Kelma, Maumalo are busted but playing because we have no one else. We absolutely suck, however we’re also completely shot health wise.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Statistically we’ve had the worst injury run this year (number of weeks top 30 players have missed) and from what I hear guys like Hastings, Kelma, Maumalo are busted but playing because we have no one else. We absolutely suck, however we’re also completely shot health wise.
Even with the injury toll and despite the losses things seemed to be starting to turn around. Not any more, that’s clear. I see Sheens as setting the club back 5 years rather than starting a 5 year plan. The spoon is a lock.

Tiger05

First Grade
see Sheens as setting the club back 5 years rather than starting a 5 year plan.

I agree with you but I hope we are wrong. If we don't sign CC sacking Madge was a terrible decision. The problem is that CC is a rookie coach so the upside seems pretty shit.

If we don't sign some players mid season letting go of Mikaele and Luc was clearly stupid.

We don't have long to wait for Sheens to pull a rabbit out of the hat. I think the odds are against it but maybe we are wrong.

Vozzy

Juniors
Problem is it's been 10-11 years but it's not a short term fix to I'm not sure if you guys have the same feeling but I actually have no feeling towards what I'm seeing being I'm so used to it. I'm just waiting for change. Not results but looking like a side using effort at least or losing close games not getting flogged. I'm not blaming Sheens he has only just come on board we have been like this for 3-5 years. He knows we can't attract stars so he is looking at players under 16-20 yrs as the future and hope we can make a new tedasco/farah/marshal/prince/skando type team long term. I can't see any other way so this will go on for a few more years.

axl rose

Bench
We got nothin'. Tom Shines did say we have a crop of young players that 'every club wants' but they are years away from first grade and becoming Roosters.

Vic Mackey

Referee

As per my post above injuries have ruined us this year, including the lower grades. Our 3 development players are back rowers which is where we are lightest and all 3 have missed most of the year. One of them Api Saukuru played his first game last week, Brendan Tumeth has only been back for 2 weeks (was man of the match in his second game and is now starting for nsw u/19s this week).

We also have impressive young forwards Rua NgatKlaira, Bray Guyan and Kitoni Kautoga who would have been a chance at playing but are, yep you guessed it, injured.

All 3 grades have been ripped apart this year, I’ve never seen anything like it.

Latest posts