What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Melbourne @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Melbourne v Wests Tigers

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigers1986

Juniors
Insipid and embarrassing doesn't even begin to describe this contest.

The difference in speed of ruck and off the defensive line was polar opposite - we sat back and let them walk down the field with ease. Was like watching junior footy. Our forwards couldn't be arsed to make an effort. Our edge defence is terrible. Not touching the ball for periods of 12 and then 10 minutes is staggering.

Madge is at fault for his horrible selections and continual hand-holding of the lack of effort from players.

Tamou is weak and should be ashamed of himself. 25 minutes effort. Brooks has 2 good games then turns back to mud. Roberts is slow and past it.

Cronk saying we should be looking at Finucane - why would you lower your stock by arriving at this dump? There's a reason Latrell and Fox, for example, said not a chance.

Fordy20

Juniors
Is Laurie our worst defensive fullback ever?
I told you guys he is no superstar.
He plays poorly one more time and I’d hook the weak gutted bastard to reggies.

Laurie is probably our least worst option for fullback. He looks more like a five-eighth playing out of position, but I don't think he's our worse ever defensive fullback. Moltzen was much more frustrating in 2009, particularly the dropped bombs, poor positioning and outright refusing to do kick returns. It's no coincidence that we went on an undefeated run as soon as he was replaced by a real fullback and moved into the halves where he belonged. It's also no coincidence the wheels fell off almost immediately after he was moved back there. His failure to clean up Hayne's kick in Round 24 is iconic. It's made out to be some awesome piece of individual brilliance by Hayne, when it was simply poor positioning on our fullback's part.

I wonder if we could try the same thing. Get Laurie to replace that fraud Mbye in the halves for a week and see what happens. Maybe bring Cini in to play fullback

stryker

First Grade

Tamou and Mbye discussing last weeks game
Stating the bleeding obvious that they all knew prior to that flogging.

Latest posts