What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Melbourne @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Melbourne v Wests Tigers

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last year they flogged us but look at results from the previous decade, that score is the outlier;
- 2019 - played one game where we lead them in Melbourne up until the final 2 minutes. Lost by 2.
- 2018 - played them twice beat them twice
- 2017 - played them once and had them 14 blot down at one stage to be run down late as injuries buggered us.
- 2016 - played them twice, first game, lost in extra time to a field goal. Second game let them out to a huge lead before running them down. Had them f**ked but couldn’t score that last try.
- 2015 - played them once and beat them well
- 2014 - played them once and they won well
- 2013 - played them once and beat them well
- 2012 - played them twice. Beat them game 1, they won well in game 2
- 2011 - they won by a try

Now I’m fully aware that these past results mean fist all, however the past 10 years does show that we are usually competitive against this club no matter what turmoil we have been going through or shit sides we have put forward. We always lift against them, unlike other heavy weights such as Roosters, Manly, Parra etc…who regularly flog us.

I’m not claiming we will win, but we’ll be in the game and with the current crackdown rules, a game can turn quickly. It should also be noted that the origin players may not be going at 100% as they will have one eye on the game the following Sunday. Munster for example really needs to be careful, he is getting in trouble a lot lately. The Fox will want to be there to win the series in Brissie. They have been playing well with weakened sides for weeks and weeks now, meaning an off game is coming.
Maybe this is that week..ambush could be on.
The post started making a lot more sense towards the back end.

Essentially you submit that many of their players don’t want to play too rudely in case they miss origin.

That’s fine but they have Craig Bellamy playing the tough hero macho coach to contend with if they go too soft. The dick who wrecked the game and kicks a chair when he wins the gf.

Munster has been a bit cheeky lately, I agree.

A good read anyways.

Brooks needs to target George Jennings all day, he is in my opinion the worst Jennings to have pulled on a jersey to date. I’d be kicking and steering the attack at him all day. The trouble is I think they’ve got us all over the park other that one position. Their centres and edge backrower a will absolutely pummel us.
I watched the game last week but I’ve forgotten what happened to Garner did he cop a knock and fail HIA. I can’t remember seeing him. He will get cooked this week and if LL had a game like last week they’ll put 50+ on us
Brooks is still in da house thank goodness.

Thinking that their SOO players may take us lightly due to
the second match in Brisbane may be just wishful thinking,Melbourne are a professional outfit who always give it a crack regardless of who they put on the field and no matter what circumstances they are playing in, whilst the WT by there own admission are known for not turning up ,one example was the disgraceful effort in honouring Tommy.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Storm are a very different team this year. They are still fantastic, however are quiet a bit looser then in the Cam Smith era, they definetly arent the suffocating team they once were. I've found this makes them equally more dangerous and susceptible. They get frustrated easily and despite winning have had a 15-20min (sometimes longer) period in every game where they've played terrible mistake riddled footy. They are going to have a loss very soon.

We need to drag them down and make it a slow slog of a game. I dont think we're upto it however I dont think the Storm are as unbeatable as everyone else probably thinks. Funnily enough I have it either being a 48-18 Storm win or 14-12 Tigers win.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The Storm are a very different team this year. They are still fantastic, however are quiet a bit looser then in the Cam Smith era, they definetly arent the suffocating team they once were. I've found this makes them equally more dangerous and susceptible. They get frustrated easily and despite winning have had a 15-20min (sometimes longer) period in every game where they've played terrible mistake riddled footy. They are going to have a loss very soon.

We need to drag them down and make it a slow slog of a game. I dont think we're upto it however I dont think the Storm are as unbeatable as everyone else probably thinks. Funnily enough I have it either being a 48-18 Storm win or 14-12 Tigers win.
Wouldn’t surprise me if we lead 14-12 during the game but we are unfortunately most likely to get flogged.This is a huge mismatch.When the going gets tough we fall to pieces & one thing about melb is they will get much quality field position & expose our glaring lack of resilience & pissweak defence in our red zone.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wouldn’t surprise me if we lead 14-12 during the game but we are unfortunately most likely to get flogged.This is a huge mismatch.When the going gets tough we fall to pieces & one thing about melb is they will get much quality field position & expose our glaring lack of resilience & pissweak defence in our red zone.

I agree, moreso what I'm saying is in order for us to win I think it needs to be that sort of score

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

Need to target Harry Grant, while he can carve you up in attack I still reckon he’s pretty vulnerable in defense. He runs around like a headless chook 90% of the time

I cannot recall JAC ever having a quiet game against us. For our sake, I hope he has his mind set on the 2nd origin, aswell as Munster.

Tigerm

First Grade
Need to target Harry Grant, while he can carve you up in attack I still reckon he’s pretty vulnerable in defense. He runs around like a headless chook 90% of the time

I cannot recall JAC ever having a quiet game against us. For our sake, I hope he has his mind set on the 2nd origin, aswell as Munster.
Take either of them out of the game with a high shot?Apparently it’s only a 10 minute sinbin penalty.😉

Tigerm

First Grade
Seeing how we are up in Qld, they may as well take a few contracts with them to talk to some of the Bronc’s players?;)

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Wow that’s surprising
Theyre going bad but not that bad.
We go alright against the storms most of the time, and we are due for a rousing win to get the juices flowing again! Might have a sneaky pineapple on them

I hope I’m wrong but I cannot see the WT winning and causing an upset, it’s one thing taking on the opposition but the poor old WT usually have to battle the prick with the whistle first.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'll be stunned if we aren't lapped by 50. I'm not even watching the game after the garbage we served up at Bankwest last week. It's being reffed by that weasel Sutton as well, so we don't have a chance in high hell.

Tigerm

First Grade
What a load of crap, 2 tries in 6 mins.

Then we have to have to listen to Ikin.

Latest posts