What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Rabbitohs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He absolutely should have been marched. ..the bunker had more than enough time to make the call. ..while we did get the win we probably would have repaired our F/A by at least another 20 points playing against 12 men from the 7th minute...Souths wouldnt have held up...no chance.

They had intent for about half an hour, but we kept knocking them back. Tigers forwards severely underestimated.

The whole crowd was just waiting to see who was going to lift and whether or not we would surrender.

The bunnies put on that technical fg and suddenly we lifted like men possessed.

The game was actually very exciting live, tense for a lot it, the errors from both sides adding frustration, emotion and atmosphere.

Shot clocks, pitch invaders, wild passes, drop balls, eye gouging, a bit of nights at times, forward passes, offsides...it was very entertaining.

Mader45

Juniors
In the 20 we basically pushed to the corners every attacking opportunity and there was generally no one angling back in. Usually get Lawrence running a couple of nice angles in those situations. He mustve been hurt cause we didnt see a lot from home tonight

Somehow after the game I ended up watching the best of Ellis on YouTube. God he was a champ. But hes angle running was just incredible. Lawrence definitely did some copycat styling of it a while back. Really hope he comes good again and continues those plays again. Our outside back plays still just seem to slow now.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
He absolutely should have been marched. ..the bunker had more than enough time to make the call. ..while we did get the win we probably would have repaired our F/A by at least another 20 points playing against 12 men from the 7th minute...Souths wouldnt have held up...no chance.

That is so right...it is these little referring decisions that always go against us and ultimately impact our season at the pointy end.

WA Tiger

Bench
Gee I thought I was negative..mate do you ever post a positive thought
Pezz was pretty positive about the team before the game. I remember that
It was identical to his gouge of DWZ in the World Cup, so he is a repeat offender at trying to blind opponents. Should be gone for the rest of the season.
But it was dumb too.Thats what beats me. If he’s a repeat offender then....Unless those 2 just didn’t get along....., But seriously I think there’s something in the family. Like a wolf pack . But that was really dumb!!

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
When he didnt get sent off, i couldnt believe we didnt square him straight up. He should have been missing teeth the next time the ball went within 10 meters of him

WA Tiger

Bench
See on Pascoes return he says Josh Reynolds is not going anywhere. Only Josh was mentioned in this statement. Staff and players would have told him that Josh is great. Pascoe said He was bought for a reason. He has a competitive edge etc “just what we need”...So Josh has charmed the whole club prob. Like at Bulldogs. I think he still has a part to play. He’s going to fit in somewhere when we get to or about to get to the finals.

See on Pascoes return he says Josh Reynolds is not going anywhere. Only Josh was mentioned in this statement. Staff and players would have told him that Josh is great. Pascoe said He was bought for a reason. He has a competitive edge etc “just what we need”...So Josh has charmed the whole club prob. Like at Bulldogs. I think he still has a part to play. He’s going to fit in somewhere when we get to or about to get to the finals.

I admire your devotion.

Let’s see, $100k per orange peeled for the first finals match, not quite the reason we all expected.

I guess he could be back-ended for $20k per empty bottle of Gatorade taken out of the change room.

I hope you were backing nsw in Perth.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
150 odd metres, 30 tackles, that's the kind of game I knew he could play

I thought some of his defence was ordinary. I still think his defensive lapse was responsible for the Souths try, overall the stats support his performance. He has been pretty good for us for the most part

Pezz70

Juniors
When he didnt get sent off, i couldnt believe we didnt square him straight up. He should have been missing teeth the next time the ball went within 10 meters of him
Aahhh simmo you can take the boy out of c’town but you can’t take the c’town out of the boy :joy:

I thought some of his defence was ordinary. I still think his defensive lapse was responsible for the Souths try, overall the stats support his performance. He has been pretty good for us for the most part

IIRC Matto covered the inside shoulder and they got the offload away which left Marsters isolated and beaten. Unless you imply that Matt had something to do with it earlier in the play/tackle count.

What annoys me most is the referee clearly saw it, he said as much to Farah. It should have been an instant send off. Sure, it meant we got two points but no advantage from foul play like the teams that play South over the next 4 or 6 weeks will get from his suspension. It was foul play, it was witnessed by the referee, it is a send off....pure and simple.

You'd have to take a baseball bat on the field and really give someone a good whack or 10 to get sent off nowdays. Even them they'd still only put you on report

Tiger05

First Grade

I re-watched that I'm not sure if was Matterson's or Marsters fault. Marsters has had a lot of defensive problems so I assumed it was him. He got in between both of them.

WA Tiger

Bench
For a punch you get marched..this is worse but because Farrah could play on I suppose. A younger Farrah might have punched him?