What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Roosters @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 15: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just stating the obvious, we are a very ordinary team that may not win another game this season.
In regards to Benji, I hope he retires, he has had a great career with many highlights, I would rather remember him that way, rather than a rocks or diamond player which he is fast becoming .

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
Where do u start. Madge must just about be ready to pull the pin and u wouldn't blame him.

The areas these cats fall down in are the easy areas to fix. Yet week in week out they fail to do the simple things. These are the things Madge would stress every week, yet these guys must snort too much coke to comprehend just how easy it is.

The hard part is to have the talent, strength and fitness. The easy part is the effort areas. We fail so badly in the effort areas.

Let's look at last week against the dogs. We were cruising, then all of a sudden 2 weak minded lapses cost us 2 tries in 2 minutes before half time. Dogs first try you can see Garner and Nofo switch off on the blind side, opening it for Foran. Now why would Garner and Nofo just assume the ball wasn't coming there way?? Weak minds. So simple to stay switched on in that scenario, yet we fail.

Next set Joey is defending 3 in and trails Foran across field. If u watch it you can see Joey casually jogging because he assumes Foran will pass. Foran doesn't pass and goes straight through. Now why does Joey jog and assume Foran will pass??? Because he is weak minded. 2 tries in 2 minutes.

Second half the Reynolds over chasing from marker led to Marshall-King putting Tolman over. Brain-dead and weak minded defence by Reynolds. This is stuff u can teach 15 year olds, yet these seasoned dogs can't get it. And that what they are dogs. They are weak to not apply these simple efforr areas that Madge stresses.

I won't bother going over tonights lack of heart, mental application and brain-dead play as the post will just drag on too long.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I just can’t anymore. The club will never be a success. Fold them, relocate, I don’t care. Actually just do it and put us out of our misery.

The club invested all of it's eggs in two baskets for so long. The only one's with the kahunas to make the necessary changes in the last 7 years are all now for some reason out of the club or are now complying......

WA Tiger

Bench
I was willing to give them a chance but Simply as a survival mechanism Im switching my perspective over to the “the comedy show” There shouldn’t be any disappointments for me from here on..

Our roster is dire,when comparing the two teams on paper I still felt the Rorters were a better side than the WT ,second string or not.

Rhyno

First Grade
Benji needs to announce his retirement during the week to go out with Lawrence
Benji doesn’t have the same dignity as Lawrence he wants to play on again next year
Benji won’t do what’s best for the team hell he be told his own brother to go to dogs so he could return to the club

WA Tiger

Bench
Yea getting rid of Benji will fix everything just like that..But make sure that we get a 6 that makes no errors at all zip zero. That’s the most important thing..There’s gotta be one out there..
Problem is who would u guys blame then

At least Benji has a go.Problem is other players watching can’t relate when something extra is needed and tried in the last 10-15 ..As long as 6 is just going through the motions and safe then they understand..That’s the norm for the whole team...Thats why we are where we are.

Also AD having a good long pass doesnt qualify him as a good 6.. There’s a bit more involved than that

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Yea getting rid of Benji will fix everything just like that..But make sure that we get a 6 that makes no errors at all zip zero. That’s the most important thing..There’s gotta be one out there..
Problem is who would u guys blame then

At least Benji has a go.Problem is other players watching can’t relate when something extra is needed and tried in the last 10-15 ..As long as 6 is just going through the motions and safe then they understand..That’s the norm for the whole team...Thats why we are where we are.

Also AD having a good long pass doesnt qualify him as a good 6.. There’s a bit more involved than that

Doueihi is a 5/8 , halfback he played most of his junior footy and Junior Wallabies in the halves. He started his NRL career in the halves with the Rabbits. He doesn’t belong at fullback, and I don’t think, judging from his body language etc that he wants to be there.

just watching what he does with ball in hand when he is in the front line makes me believe he’d be a great 5/8, he could carry a bit more muscle too. I think he really has the talent and potentially the size to play like Jack Wighton.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Doueihi is a 5/8 , halfback he played most of his junior footy and Junior Wallabies in the halves. He started his NRL career in the halves with the Rabbits. He doesn’t belong at fullback, and I don’t think, judging from his body language etc that he wants to be there.

just watching what he does with ball in hand when he is in the front line makes me believe he’d be a great 5/8, he could carry a bit more muscle too. I think he really has the talent and potentially the size to play like Jack Wighton.
Well if JAC is coming to be FB then he has to play somewhere, Benji will prob retire this year, so it makes sense.

WA Tiger

Bench

We’re still guessing/hoping but...Just like we were with him at fullback.. Centre is an option..As long as he’s out of the fast lane..

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Benji doesn’t have the same dignity as Lawrence he wants to play on again next year
Benji won’t do what’s best for the team hell he be told his own brother to go to dogs so he could return to the club
Rhyno lecturing people about dignity...

It's like watching Kirk Van Houten play Pictionary....

League WTF

Juniors

AD is nowhere near as quick as Wrighton. If he can kick well, he could become a John Sutton type of 5/8. But we haven’t seen that yet. At the moment, his best position in the team is centre. I think he scored one off Benji in that position too.

At least we can all see that he doesn’t belong at fullback. The scary thing is...Madge don’t