What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Roosters @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 15: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League WTF

Juniors
He looks good to me at fullback. I reckon there are way too many harsh markers on here. He is doing really well.

Not trying to be harsh on him.

AD is a good player in the wrong position.

If Madge also thinks he’s doing REALLY well at fullback, then I don’t want him to coach us next year.

WA Tiger

Bench
That was not a knock on by Reynolds at dummy half at no time did that ball travel in the direction of the opposition goal
Line
What about Garners dropping the ball onto his foot then he kicked it and it was called a knock on (with Brooks right side pass to him that was too high, close to their line with 10 to go, ) You can not call dropping the ball onto your foot and kicking it a knock on it’s just not possible and so blatantly obvious that’s what happend .but as soon as the ball is dropped now the refs just turn off their brain and it’s an automatic knock on ...unless the ball is travelling pretty much straight back.Its just too hard for the poor wee refs to work out ...Where’s their pride in their job

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
He looks good to me at fullback. I reckon there are way too many harsh markers on here. He is doing really well.
Lol what have you been watching?
Do you understand what a fullback does?

This prick is on over 600k a year and delivering park footy. He hasn’t got a clue at the back and if we only purchase one player this offseason, it has to be a competent fullback. As others have said, AD can earn his dough closer to the ruck.

Shredder

Juniors
Douhi looked to be playing more like a six last weekend.

Just the way he runs. I dont know, maybe its people here talking him up for six. But I thought he played like a six in the number one.

Tiger05

First Grade
Douhi looked to be playing more like a six last weekend.

Just the way he runs. I dont know, maybe its people here talking him up for six. But I thought he played like a six in the number one.

The thing is he was playing fullback and he looked really good. I reckon he is a good player so he can probably do a good job at 6 as well but his ability to take the high ball is really good and he looks to be building to be a quality fullback.

Shredder

Juniors
05 I dont disagree that hes doing OK at the back.

I just think he would be more valuable at 6, especially if Marshall finishes up.

And if we were lucky enough to jag Staines as well the spine looks a little less horrible.

Tigerm

First Grade
The thing is he was playing fullback and he looked really good. I reckon he is a good player so he can probably do a good job at 6 as well but his ability to take the high ball is really good and he looks to be building to be a quality fullback.
He’s just to slow for full back.

Pezz70

Juniors
We’re still guessing/hoping but...Just like we were with him at fullback.. Centre is an option..As long as he’s out of the fast lane..
He is a proven 5/8. He grew up there, played junior reps there, Junior Wallabies at fly half and debuted in the halves in the NRL. When he plays in the tigers front line the team actually look exciting. He plays far straighter than Marshall and throws a great ball. He has had nearly 50 games in the NRL now needs to be at 5/8. Go back and watch the Newcastle game the only time we looked like playing footy was when he played forward, we were flogged in that game, already broken when he moved forward but that ten minutes in attack was far far above any of the shit we produced that day

WA Tiger

Bench
He is a proven 5/8. He grew up there, played junior reps there, Junior Wallabies at fly half and debuted in the halves in the NRL. When he plays in the tigers front line the team actually look exciting. He plays far straighter than Marshall and throws a great ball. He has had nearly 50 games in the NRL now needs to be at 5/8. Go back and watch the Newcastle game the only time we looked like playing footy was when he played forward, we were flogged in that game, already broken when he moved forward but that ten minutes in attack was far far above any of the shit we produced that day
Im sure he will be fine at 6. I want to see him there first that’s all..Thats reasonable ..With his pay packet and length of contract he needs to fit in somewhere..worse case scenario we know he can play centre and cover at fullback. But naturally 6 would be ideal. Just when he breaks through the gap he needs to pass the ball..

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
I actually thought AD and Liddle were the only 2 that looked like doing something. AD lacks pace but he can still make half breaks and seems to at least be safe.

The main problem is only one forward ran for over 100m which was LL who had poor handling. Packer's stats with the ball was 3 runs for 16 for the whole game and was also getting run past while getting back onside. This sort of stuff is uninspiring for the rest of the team. Packer is my first to go.

Benji yes but he is on f**k all and is actually trying but he doesn't have the strength and speed he used to when some forward puts a bit of footwork on him.

I did actually like seeing them play with the ball a bit they actually we're making metres against the Roosters using the backs coming out of trouble.

Problem is we are stuck with the same team next year Madge has done everything.

So all in all it's going to be more of the same next year but some young guys have had a taste of first grade Blore McIntyre and others plus the Parra bloke coming. But it won't be until 2022 where we can do a clean out. Then we will need another year to make the team play well together so cant see anything good until 2023 and beyond.

WA Tiger

Bench
Same applies for the whole forward pack barring 2-3 maybe..with a better dominating pack we’d be defending less too

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
He’s just to slow for full back.

I hear you but I reckon he is great. Yes he isn't quick but he is tough and has a lot of skills. I reckon we looked pretty good bringing the ball back last week. AD can sent some long balls to Nofo and Talau as well as it up himself.

He is only just learning the role as well. I think Aloiai, Grant, hopefully Liddle, AD and LL have been our positives this season.

Tiger05

First Grade
Same applies for the whole forward pack barring 2-3 maybe..with a better dominating pack we’d be defending less too

I reckon we need another prop and a backup edge backrower but I'm not that worried about our pack.

I think part of our problem has also been conservative play. It wins you some games but it screws you over in other ways. I thought we gave it a shot last week and at last tried to attack. I think the conservative footy is a coaching problem.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I reckon we need another prop and a backup edge backrower but I'm not that worried about our pack.

I think part of our problem has also been conservative play. It wins you some games but it screws you over in other ways. I thought we gave it a shot last week and at last tried to attack. I think the conservative footy is a coaching problem.

Garner should be the back up edge backrower, I don't get how he is rated so highly by some. I reckon we desperately need an upgrade at that position. LL has been very good though and will hopefully continue to improve since this is basically his first full year

Tiger05

First Grade
Garner should be the back up edge backrower, I don't get how he is rated so highly by some. I reckon we desperately need an upgrade at that position. LL has been very good though and will hopefully continue to improve since this is basically his first full year

I basically agree with you here but I don't think we can spend up big on another forward. We have too many other problems to deal with plus I think our forwards are coming on nicely.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Our priorities have got to b finding speedster at 1 & an intelligent game manager at 7.AD will fill the 6 role admirably & im satisfied with Liddle & Simpkin as our 9 options.

Packer Mbye & Brooks have got to b fkd off especially the 1st 2.Apparently Reynolds is definitely going to UK & Benji is retiring.

Tigerm

First Grade
Our priorities have got to b finding speedster at 1 & an intelligent game manager at 7.AD will fill the 6 role admirably & im satisfied with Liddle & Simpkin as our 9 options.

Packer Mbye & Brooks have got to b fkd off especially the 1st 2.Apparently Reynolds is definitely going to UK & Benji is retiring.
Hopefully JAC will answer the FB position, he’s worth the try.
The halves are the problem for me. If Mbye isn’t going, I’d be giving him a try in the halves.
I am happy with Packer, he hasn’t had a lot of game time, but we do need some backup for him and Aloiai.

Tiger05

First Grade
Apparently Reynolds is definitely going to UK & Benji is retiring.

I hope this is true and we sign a half. I can't see AD and Brooks working out although their defense will be a lot better than our current options in the halves.

I'm worried we won't have someone who can organize us in the halves.