What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Roosters @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 16
Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta (TICKETS)
Friday 5 July 2019

Gates 5:40pm / NRL Touch from 5:55pm / NRL 7:55pm

TL-WST19.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. Robert Jennings 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Esan Marsters 5. David Nofoaluma 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Elijah Taylor 17. Michael Chee-Kam 18. Russell Packer 19. Chris McQueen 20. Josh Reynolds 21. Oliver Clark

TL-SYD19.png

1. Joseph Manu 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Brett Morris 5. Ryan Hall 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Victor Radley 10. Zane Tetevano 11. Nat Butcher 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Angus Crichton 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Sitili Tupouniua 18. Matt Ikuvalu 19. Daniel Fifita 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Sam Verrills 22. Drew Hutchison

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Henry Perenara, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Nick Morel, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Feeder club info
Wests Tigers: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Wests Tigers (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Roosters: North Sydney Bears (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Sydney Roosters (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​

Last edited by a moderator:

west4ever

Juniors
The team to take on the roosters and win is
1. Thompson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Marsters
4. Momirovski
5. Jennings
6. Marshal
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10.Clark
11.Matterson
12.Lawrence
13.Taylor

14.Liddle
15.Mikaele
16.Aloia
17.MCK

18.Matulino
19.Eisenhouth
20.Mcqueen
21.Talau

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. Marsters
4. Mbye
5. Jennings
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10. Mautilino
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Eisenhuth

14. Liddle
15. Mikale
16. Clark or Aloai
17. MCK

If Matterson is unavailable put E.T at 2nd row

west4ever

Juniors
1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. Marsters
4. Mbye
5. Jennings
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10. Mautilino
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Eisenhuth

14. Liddle
15. Mikale
16. Clark or Aloai
17. MCK

If Matterson is unavailable put E.T at 2nd row
Mbye is unavailable due to QLD dutys

The Roosters' captain Jake Friend and star playmaker Luke Keary are bidding to lead more than 900 first-grade games of experience back into the premiers' line-up to arrest their mid-season slump against Wests Tigers.

Friend (ruptured biceps) and Keary (concussion) will push for returns from injury ahead of schedule for Friday's clash at Bankwest Stadium, with the pair to be assessed based on how they pull up from Monday's training session.

Trent Robinson will name his 21-man squad for round 16 on Tuesday, with Kiwi Test prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (hamstring), veteran English flyer Ryan Hall (personal matter) and Tongan tyro Sitili Tupouniua (illness) all certain inclusions.

Keary is firming to return in the halves as well after sitting out the last month following a heavy head knock against Newcastle that cost him a NSW Origin debut.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/01...o-give-roosters-900-game-boost-in-experience/

Were u like this as a player...you said the same against Souths ...by 19 points

I'm always hoping for the best while expecting the worst.

I wasn't that great a player so I had to adopt that mentality. Sometimes giving 100% isn't enough.

Adding to that, I follow Wests. The team that routinely let their fans down.

WA Tiger

Bench
Fair enough same with the other long time hard core supporters here which I’m not. Am beginning to understand that...just expected a bit more logic and reason from you ...from your past posts. I played union but wouldn’t watch it now.

Pezz70

Juniors
The game that Latrell plays himself back into scintillating form. This is a game where we have to run with one hooker, Chee Kam on th bench as the utility and the biggest bench mofo’s we have. No room for two hookers in this one

The unknown

Juniors
I really want us to win this one but I don't see it. I think we'll get a proper f**king this week.

Agree, can't see Roosters losing 4 straight or whatever it is.

If Matulino is back I would play him off the bench, quite liked seeing the young fellas start and think they can build in confidence knowing they handled the Souffs pack pretty well

Fair enough same with the other long time hard core supporters here which I’m not. Am beginning to understand that...just expected a bit more logic and reason from you ...from your past posts. I played union but wouldn’t watch it now.

If there was any logic in the world, the west tigers wouldn’t exist.

The club runs entirely on faith and nobody knows what we believe in.

But I see the players happy and excited after a close win and it cheers me up a bit inside.

Watch alo destroy the roosters.

Last edited:

Yeah that's cool, that Souths outfit should have easily accounted for us as well but they didn't. Always glad when the lads prove me wrong.

The alternative is to support a muppet of a club like the storm and get used to winning every week.

It’s also good to see the donkeys being smashed up this year. Richly deserved.

WA Tiger

Bench
Agree, can't see Roosters losing 4 straight or whatever it is.

If Matulino is back I would play him off the bench, quite liked seeing the young fellas start and think they can build in confidence knowing they handled the Souffs pack pretty well
I didn’t know that so Just checked and Roosters ..they’ve lost 4 of their last 5 games lost against Storm Panthers Knights Broncos ..they beat the Bulldogs ...Even the best teams can forget how to win..I refuse to accept defeat just coz of a name and what they’ve done a long time in the past..Yes we are building in confidence..Ala Buster Douglas vs Mike Tyson

Shredder

Juniors
I think we win this one.
Hopefully the boys are confident after last week.

We have a relatively rough run into the finals, but every game is a potential W.