What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Titans @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Titans

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front-Rower

First Grade
The first couple of rounds our halves were playing controlled football, looking for repeat sets and to build pressure. Then I noticed the controlled football started to drop away, with stupid passes being thrown and trying to go for win each play. It's no surprise your forwards drop off when that shit starts to come into your game.

The second half of the Manly game was the beginning of the end imo. The fact that they didn’t really put them away (50+) was really poor and complacency set in (which took them away from their control and bought back bad habits).

We then went on to lose the next 3 games to Parramatta, Newcastle and NZ and have only beaten NQ and Canterbury since.

Benji admitting he was the one who lured Farah back shows weakness from Cleary for allowing it (however it’s his first lapse in judgement and may have even been pressured by the board for PR) and is a knee jerk reaction.

I think ET will be shown the door. I don’t see where he fits in the side anymore. Penrith moved him on for the exact same reason.

We need a half back. We need someone who can direct play and make their presence felt on the field. Packer at the start of the year was providing this from prop but injury and lack of form has seen this drop away. Brooks just isn’t up to it.

Tiger05

First Grade
So he's been good but also a concern? Which is it?

Agree with Ted, if our other players did their job like him we'd be top 4.

Thommo would smash it at a club like Melbourne.

Maybe I should re-state this.

He is small winger who isn't lightning quick and sometimes he fails to score tries because he doesn't have the attributes of massive fast wingers that play the game today. He might smash it at Melbourne but would you have Thompson or one of the two Melbourne wingers. I doubt he would make first grade at those teams.

He is also though way down the list of problem players for us but we do need some special players around Thommo.