What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Titans @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Titans

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
12 all and tits get a holding down penalty in front. The next set when we eere coming off our line and they were holding on for an eternity, zero penalty. Sums up the year basically

That penalty was complete crap. They had 5 sets on our line and didn’t look like scoring. The ridiculous scrum feed to the Titans where Copley dropped it was only a few tackles earlier. Then the ref pulled out that random holding down penalty when there was nothing in it.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Anyone who expected a different result today is delusional. Comments such as the 'refs are killing us' just don't hold water anymore. Lawrence was great today, Farah was always going to be solid but really this team is nothing more than park footballers struggling at NRL level.

Look at the Titans forward pack, I would take all of them over ours, excluding Lawrence. This result is no different to what happened last week, we just can't match big mobile forwards. Nathan Cleary won't fix our problems...better forwards will. Brooks behind a better pack will improve...we saw this at the beginning of the year when our forwards were playing above their ability. Forget Nathan Cleary, he will be a chook before he is a Tiger, Ivan or not.

Our season is over, I can't see too many more wins out to this bunch. If management go on about another rebuilding phase I'll f#cking scream. We have second rowers playing centre, we have light weight forwards getting the sh$t kicked out of them....I don't need to go on!!!!

Until we get quality across the park we will never be an elite team....I'll climb off my soap box now.
I’m hearing u TT.Ur last point is y I firmly believe Cleary’s tenure is going to end real ugly.Weve got so much money tied up in shite players signed beyond next season that we are hamstrung re ability to enhance this roster to the degree that it becomes competitive enough to b a genuine finals contender.Anyway regardless of whether there are suitable players on the market whom would enhance our roster Cleary is deadset clueless as to how to assemble a decent roster.

Not only has any chance to make finals this season ended today but we’ve got buckleys of qualifying for finals footy in ‘19.

Das Hassler

Bench
Cleary wont be axed and there's no reason he should be ( a view like anyone else's).....the team is not lost and hopeless...there's just hard work that has to be done so they've got to stay solid and just get it done. even 9th will do in consideration of the positional upheaval since this time last year..Anyone!!!! who does not follow cleary's BASIC instructions should find themselves downstairs untill they show Brett Hodgson the lightbulb has lit

The Rosco

Bench
Well after an enforced 2 yr vacation ( don't sarcastically repeat any racist slurs made by others on this forum. Ever. ), I'm back.
Today's game was a poor result. There was a bit of spark and effort from the "new" guys . . . . but as many of you said . . . we are a team of plodders that have a crack now and again.
Reynolds looks shot. Was carrying his arm early in the game. The 'fro is a worry. Malakia is just that.
Packer looks to have found his comfort zone.
We DO seem to be able to reverse any home town favouritism from the refs, don't we ? . . . . and have done it for years now. They seem to use us to balance up all the other team's biased hometown decisions.
So disappointed, especially after the start we had to the season. Oh well.
The neighbours have got a 6 month old kid . . . . My Mrs reckons it's first words will be " How the Fkk was he onside ref ?"

Das Hassler

Bench
Reynolds landed hard on the point of his elbow scoring the try....probably would have done anyone's shoulder....Benji far off?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Reynolds landed hard on the point of his elbow scoring the try....probably would have done anyone's shoulder....Benji far off?

Might be on my own but I think reynolds has been real good in his games for us.

I believe both Benji and Nofa are back against the dragons

stryker

First Grade
I havent been around here for a while, but glad to see most have woken up to the dairy queens Maulino and Packer.
Even when we were knocking off Melbourne and Roosters I was saying look at their stats...pair of fat lazy bludgers. Both are about as intimidating as a used franger, they are taking up big cap space and delivering nothing. They return aweful numbers week after week and no one hammers them.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Although the refs did us absolutely no favours, Brooks needs to rediscover his short kicking game. All the good players seem to have to have plenty of time, but Brooks always looks rushed. If it is a tactic to hand the ball over near the opposition line it is one other teams abandoned 4 years ago, because it doesn't work. Against a big forward pack, you need repeat sets and get their tackle counts up.

For me the biggest key indicator was when Farah mad a run down the hill side of the ground in the second half and not only was there no support, nobody even made it to the play the ball. Last time I checked, Farah is a 34 year old hooker that any interested outside back could back up. Total lack of effort when the game was still there to be won. The whole team needs an attitude adjustment, the tries they let in were soft, it looked to me like they thought they would rock up to Leichhardt, get the rub of the green, win the game comfortably and hit the club.

Trying not to be too negative, there were some positives. Mbye looked good for someone who didnt know half his teammates names yet, Lawrence was good and we have an 80 minute hooker. Reynolds goes ok, but if he is going to get injured every second game he may as well go away and not come back until he is ready to string some games together. Not sure if this is a new injury now or reoccurring but it is bordering on ridiculous at this point and disrupting the fluidity of the line up.

+1 for the stupid placement of the screen where 90% of the crowd cant see it because of the afternoon sun.

After the game, got to go for a run on the ground with the little fella, so it was worth the visit just for that.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’m hearing u TT.Ur last point is y I firmly believe Cleary’s tenure is going to end real ugly.Weve got so much money tied up in shite players signed beyond next season that we are hamstrung re ability to enhance this roster to the degree that it becomes competitive enough to b a genuine finals contender.Anyway regardless of whether there are suitable players on the market whom would enhance our roster Cleary is deadset clueless as to how to assemble a decent roster.

Not only has any chance to make finals this season ended today but we’ve got buckleys of qualifying for finals footy in ‘19.

I'm going to clarify what I think is the issue. The signings that Cleary has made are fine on much shorter contracts but he has signed guys to long term contracts who don't deserve it.

Ponga is a player you can give a long term contract too. In our team I think Brooks, Mbye, Twal and maybe even Aloiai can be signed on long term contracts but that is about it and you have to get them on a decent contract.

We have Packer, Matulino & Reynolds who are probably fine on short term contracts but they are on long term contracts. We needed players this year based on the 3 muppets dogging us last year so I get signing these guys but they aren't guys to build a club on.

The problem we have is how to improve our squad over the next couple of seasons and honestly Packer to me doesn't deserve to be in our top side. Reynolds might go okay if he can stay on the field and he is given a simple run the ball and defend role.

Cleary is really going to have to pull something out of the bag.

To add to that Naiqama is killing it. He is in career best form but has been moved on.

Last edited:
From post #86 down

Might be on my own but I think reynolds has been real good in his games for us.
I agree and you have to look at the player he is, he's a solid team motivator and I think when he was signed it was to help the young and inexperienced players with his on field motivation. He wasn't ever going to give us the no look, cut out pass like Benji (every 2nd game that comes off), but he tries.

dairy queens Maulino and Packer.
not used correctly, both need a big kick up the arse, gee even Woods in his 1st game at Sharks looked the goods so these guys can turn it around.

For me the biggest key indicator was when Farah mad a run down the hill side of the ground in the second half and not only was there no support, nobody even made it to the play the ball.
Farah had a reputation of being an angry man after each game and the anger was towards his team mates and lack of effort. How did he feel after the game based on that non effort alone by his team mates. Even Lawrence beat his backs to the play the ball.

Naiqama is killing it
he is playing very well indeed and I would have kept him on the books instead of the plodder from the Riff.

magpie_man

Juniors
Welp, no week off for the boys now even though we have the bye; I hope Cleary absolutely flogs them.

macnaz

Staff member
Well after an enforced 2 yr vacation ( don't sarcastically repeat any racist slurs made by others on this forum. Ever. ), I'm back.
Today's game was a poor result. There was a bit of spark and effort from the "new" guys . . . . but as many of you said . . . we are a team of plodders that have a crack now and again.
Reynolds looks shot. Was carrying his arm early in the game. The 'fro is a worry. Malakia is just that.
Packer looks to have found his comfort zone.
We DO seem to be able to reverse any home town favouritism from the refs, don't we ? . . . . and have done it for years now. They seem to use us to balance up all the other team's biased hometown decisions.
So disappointed, especially after the start we had to the season. Oh well.
The neighbours have got a 6 month old kid . . . . My Mrs reckons it's first words will be " How the Fkk was he onside ref ?"
Welcome back Roscoe ..