What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Titans @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Titans

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
So I know it means nothing now but I watched the replay tonight and our attack was actually pretty slick. It was just the last pass and a few wrong options (Farah and Grub kicking early) honestly cost us about 5 tries.

Also I have no idea how they overturned Thompson’s try. He 100% didn’t touch Sami until Sami had his hand on the ball. As soon as he’s touching it surely that’s considered in possession?

Tiger05

First Grade
So I know it means nothing now but I watched the replay tonight and our attack was actually pretty slick. It was just the last pass and a few wrong options (Farah and Grub kicking early) honestly cost us about 5 tries.

Also I have no idea how they overturned Thompson’s try. He 100% didn’t touch Sami until Sami had his hand on the ball. As soon as he’s touching it surely that’s considered in possession?

We aren't that far off but dumb mistakes and options are killing us. I also think our forwards have gone to puss.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We aren't that far off but dumb mistakes and options are killing us. I also think our forwards have gone to puss.
When we were winning early in the season our forwards were winning the middle.Since round 7 our forwards have deteriorated rapidly in there combined efforts.The biggest disappointment has been Packer.His output since the cowboys game has been pathetic.I know both his knees were taped on weekend & if he is been hampered by his knees then he shouldn’t b playing.Nevertheless he does seem to b running freely so I doubt there’s much wrong with him physically.Packers abysmal efforts r not worthy of continued selection in the nrl team & hence one of the issues with Cleary is he transparently plays favourites when selecting teams instead of employing a merit based approach.

For a leader & one of the many captains to b so lame further undermines the absurd process of sharing the captaincy amongst a no. of under achievers.The captaincy should only have ever been bestowed upon the player with the utmost integrity both on & off the field & clearly that’s Rowdy.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lawrence should definitely be captain. How good has he been this year. He is easily our best forward and probably our most consistent player.

ET, Benji, Reynolds and Packer haven't performed anywhere near his level. Benji has actually been good though. Reynolds when he has actually played has been decent. ET has had his worst year but to be fair he has been played out of position. Packer was great at the start of the year but looks slow which doesn't cut it at this level.

super_coach

First Grade
After seeing us run around on Sunday, I doubt they will win another game and I think Souths could put a cricket score on them. At present we have only two forwards who would make a top 17 in most clubs, Lawrence and Twal and our backs are only marginally better.

I watched the Dogs last weekend, they lost two quality players during the previous week to rival clubs, and came out and played with energy and power. We showed nothing

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I was at the game and don't have the heart to watch the replay, but we seemed to be dominating the Titans in the first half. We got something like 9 line breaks but only scored twice in the game. Some dumb errors, wingers who don't know how to finish, and we do a lot better.

Plus, for whatever reason, we got absolutely caned by the refs. Was a dismal performance on their part but not responsible for the loss. If we can go back to focusing on defence our attack is almost there to win games.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Lol Corey Thompson has one bad game and he can’t play. Fair dinkum some of you blokes want to think before you post.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Lol Corey Thompson has one bad game and he can’t play. Fair dinkum some of you blokes want to think before you post.
If we had a team full of Corey Thompson’s we’d b entrenched in the 8.

Thommo is one of the few who’ve played consistently well & has been a revelation considering he was returning home from super league hoping to land a gig somewhere.He certainly punches above his weight unlike the lazy sluggish kiwi props.

Tiger05

First Grade

He had a shocker though and he is a concern. He is going to struggle to score some tries that other wingers who are massive and fast will score.

I agree though he isn't really a problem that needs to be looked at any time soon.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
He had a shocker though and he is a concern. He is going to struggle to score some tries that other wingers who are massive and fast will score.

I agree though he isn't really a problem that needs to be looked at any time soon.
Give him some slack Tiger05....Just a bad day at the office ...His first shocker

Fordy20

Juniors
When we were winning early in the season our forwards were winning the middle.Since round 7 our forwards have deteriorated rapidly in there combined efforts.

The first couple of rounds our halves were playing controlled football, looking for repeat sets and to build pressure. Then I noticed the controlled football started to drop away, with stupid passes being thrown and trying to go for win each play. It's no surprise your forwards drop off when that shit starts to come into your game.

Latest posts