What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Bulldogs @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 17: Knights v Bulldogs

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
No excuses for that. Just blatant disrespect of the Bulldogs not taking the points, blowing premium opportunities, doing dumb shit and it all bit us on the backside. Putrid attitude and effort.

Goodbye to the top 8 if we don't get our shit together. Last month of football has been horrific given what we did in Rounds 7-11.

K-Man

Bench
Last week's game annoyed me. We should've won but didn't.

Tonight just straight out pissed me off.

I hate that with us you can kind of see the losses brewing as the game unfolds. Even at half time and then 8-0 my mates couldn’t understand why I was worried, but I could see it coming. We weren’t urgent enough.

Frederick

Staff member
Will next week be acceptance?
That's the thing. They'll probably come out next week and blow the roosters off the park. But you can't play like that. You can't aim up for the top teams while treating the bottom teams with contempt. Melbourne win consistently because they never take their opposition for granted. Every member of their team is willing to do the hard work required to get the win. Tonight I saw a team that bought into its own hype. The same team that lost 5 games in a row to start the year.

Old dog

Bench
We got beat cause they played better, our SOO players were not so dominant and the others couldn’t lift to fill the void. Don’t blame it on Gavit, I don’t like him, but others didnt play so well.
Lino is better when Pearce isn’t playing
Why didn’t we start Klem

aqua_duck

Coach
Ramien just gets tackled? Like, he pushes the first defender away, but then nothing?
Ramien has become absolutely obsessed with initiating contact and bumping his man off, problem is most of the time he does this and then heads back inside into the meat of the defence, it actually reminds me of Gagai who used to make a run, break 4-5 tackles but only make 10m

aqua_duck

Coach
We got beat cause they played better, our SOO players were not so dominant and the others couldn’t lift to fill the void. Don’t blame it on Gavit, I don’t like him, but others didnt play so well.
Lino is better when Pearce isn’t playing
Why didn’t we start Klem
Gavet's two penalties literally turned the game, whilst I agree we didn't play well that's where it was loss

Zoidberg

First Grade
Sterlo saying that Mann is our 5/8 and should play there.
I agree. Injuries playing havoc with our side causing changes throughout. We were pretty lucky during the 6 win run with few injuries and a stable team.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Lino has the ability to get the ball to Ramien.

Ramien is currently a wrecking ball without a chain. Has he once drawn and passed to SKD?

Lino also is a student of the Dane Gagai School of Defensive Reads.

We offer nothing on the right.

Apey

Staff member
Gavet is a massive dud. Lazy and always good for a brain explosion.

aqua_duck

Coach
Gavet is a massive dud. Lazy and always good for a brain explosion.
He's way too much of a loose cannon for us to carry, whilst he does provide some good 'energy' off the bench he's also a massive penalty machine and can be quite lazy too, at 29-30 years of age he's not going to get much better, that's just who he is as a player. I'd much rather have Jacob Saifiti in his spot who might not have as much mongrel isn't a liability either and has the potential to get better with abit confidence and match fitness under his belt.

Knight Vision

First Grade
No excuses for that. Just blatant disrespect of the Bulldogs not taking the points,
My thoughts exactly. Error of the coaching staff that sent the message to go for a try on 2 occasions rather than take the 2.

Particularly bad decision given almost 1/4 of the team were backing up from a game 48 hours ago and would be playing under fatigue - very telling at the back end of the game

Knight Vision

First Grade
Lino has the ability to get the ball to Ramien.

Ramien is currently a wrecking ball without a chain. Has he once drawn and passed to SKD?

Lino also is a student of the Dane Gagai School of Defensive Reads.

We offer nothing on the right.
  • Ramien has been parked in the garage all season - tragic
  • We will never win a grand final with Watson anywhere near a spine position other than hooker - mistake riddled and injury prone
  • Nothing on the right - Mann is a better option at 5/8 and offers more in the way of options both kicking and positional changes

aqua_duck

Coach
My thoughts exactly. Error of the coaching staff that sent the message to go for a try on 2 occasions rather than take the 2.

Particularly bad decision given almost 1/4 of the team were backing up from a game 48 hours ago and would be playing under fatigue - very telling at the back end of the game
Yep and that's why the sin bin was particularly unforgivable, firstly to do it 20m out in front of the sticks when you're up by 2 is ridiculous but then to get sin binned knowing that we have 3 middle forwards backing up from origin and just the entire team running low on fuel in general, no excuses and needs to be dropped to send a message that dumb football won't be tolerated

Knight Vision

First Grade
Yep and that's why the sin bin was particularly unforgivable, firstly to do it 20m out in front of the sticks when you're up by 2 is ridiculous but then to get sin binned knowing that we have 3 middle forwards backing up from origin and just the entire team running low on fuel in general, no excuses and needs to be dropped to send a message that dumb football won't be tolerated

Not his first time as well. For mine he is a liability - more down side to him than up. His silly plays are the difference between winning big games or crying into my beer.

aqua_duck

Coach
Not his first time as well. For mine he is a liability - more down side to him than up. His silly plays are the difference between winning big games or crying into my beer.
100%, whilst I do like the energy he brings and his aggression it's definitely outweighed by laziness and ill discipline. We have enough class across the park that we don't need a loose cannon to undo the good work, I'd rather someone who we know it's going to do something idiotic when the game is on the line

Zoidberg

First Grade
His best game was when we smashed the dragons. Coming on when we are on the front foot already

Frederick

Staff member
More disappointing than our spoon years? Fmd mate, drama queen much?
100%. Those years we had a garbage team made up of rookies and players on their last legs. There were no expectations around the team whatsoever. This year was supposed to be different. This was supposed to be the year we returned to the finals. So yes, if we miss the finals it will be a hugely disappointing season

Latest posts