What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 18: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
If we get more opportunities in the attacking zone we should get points. But Raiders not making many mistakes and ref giving us nothing means we won’t get many chances.

Burwood

Bench
Can't see Brailey going the full 80- will be interesting to see what the plan is in the second half.

Alex28

Coach
IMO we look better than them but playing a bit too conservative.
They are clearly trying to gas the opposing players to Best/Ponga/Marzhew - it’s a long play, but it’s working. Timoko was absolutely stuffed after 30.

Hopefully it all pans out in the second half and that side runs riot.

Woody90

Juniors
They are clearly trying to gas the opposing players to Best/Ponga/Marzhew - it’s a long play, but it’s working. Timoko was absolutely stuffed after 30.

Hopefully it all pans out in the second half and that side runs riot.

I just don’t think trying to play a grinding style game against the Raiders is a good idea. It completely plays into their hands and wastes the one strength we have over them which is our backline. Hopefully we chance our arm a bit more in the second half. Need to create more space for the left short side raids too.

Apey

Staff member
That was very clever. The more we use KP like that, the more effective he will be when he actually gets the ball.
Yep as I said in the main forum I love seeing us use him as a decoy like that. He's the most marked man in the comp. Run that play occasionally and it will work.