What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 18: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woody90

Juniors
Sharpe will be our 14 next year so we might as well get him started there. He will hurt tired sides.

The way I see it, Sharpe’s on the bench to cover Ponga should anything happen. I can’t see him defending in the line or playing any other position to fullback but we’ll see.

If KP’s ok and it’s a tight game he might not even get a run. If we’re either winning comfortably or getting smashed KP might be given a rest.

We need to bloody hope that Brailey stays fit or we’re f**ked.

Old dog

Bench
Brailey injured would likely mean Elliott to 9, Friz to 13 and Lucas in, can’t see using Sharpe anywhere but Ponga cover.
Good use of bench critical as basically a man down

Burwood

Bench
Sharpe is a strange inclusion on the bench. I'd say he isn't cover for Ponga- AOB wouldn't risk him if he wasn't 100% and Gagai has shown on numerous occasions that he is an adequate backup if required midgame.

Sharpe is a strange inclusion on the bench. I'd say he isn't cover for Ponga- AOB wouldn't risk him if he wasn't 100% and Gagai has shown on numerous occasions that he is an adequate backup if required midgame.
maybe they are looking to the future and see Crossland as developing into a full time role as hooker with Sharpe as the future 14.

PhilGould

Bench
Gamble still out, Jones struggling in NSW Cup, Cogger is Cogger. Regardless of Ponga’s health the options are slim at the moment.

slotmachine

First Grade
Think you're all reading way to much into Sharpe at 14, he might not even get on the field if KP isn't in discomfort or manages not to get gassed after a few months out

Old dog

Bench
No guarantee on Ponga, Sharpe could end up f/b with Ponga out which would most likely mean Cogger is 14.
Anything could happen prior to game time, Coach playing his game, sit back and wait.

Latest posts