What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Manly @ 4 Pines Park, Brookvale

Who will win? Round 18: Manly v Newcastle

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
Ponga was good to watch tonight. Some great runs and his defense was top notch. Need a proper halfback, lock and centre if we're going to be a top 6 side.

Except when he got into first receiver and kept handing the ball over. He should be banned from ever doing it

The 2 minutes before half time when he kicked on the second tackle then milf went to the bin was the turning point.

Jono078

Referee
Mmm, yes I agree... but it's on Kalyn to overcome that too and play the same no matter what, especially as captain. He has to be a part of the answer in turning it around. That's what being a captain is.

A great captain will put their best in even if they don't win a game that year. It's a hard ask from someone, especially someone that's still as young as Ponga... but it's what we need. Our leaders need to be the foundation the rest is built on.
100% you're right but I think we know the reality of what will go down and I'm probably closer to the mark, unfortunately.

It'll be telling either way how they finish the season as a team and more specifically Ponga as a captain.

perverse

Referee
I actually do see some positives today. I'll sound a bit like AOB saying it, but i thought our line speed was good tonight while we were in the game, Ponga was fantastic. Dom and Friz going off completely shattered our edges.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Mmm, yes I agree... but it's on Kalyn to overcome that too and play the same no matter what, especially as captain. He has to be a part of the answer in turning it around. That's what being a captain is.

A great captain will put their best in even if they don't win a game that year. It's a hard ask from someone, especially someone that's still as young as Ponga... but it's what we need. Our leaders need to be the foundation the rest is built on.
Which is why he shouldn’t be captain. It’s obvious to all but our management.

Yosh

Coach
Simi hurt, Young hurt, Frizzell hurt... We had a full squad for one game and then it goes down the drain again.

With Best hurt as well, do we have enough outside backs to play next week? Tuala is as average as it comes but a super fit player who never gest injured.

Oh well, another flogging. Even when we show positive signs we still get 40 put on us. Manly aren't even a top tier side. Shows just how far away we are from being competitive.

So much wrong. Roster, coach, salary cap, bad deals with underperforming players etc. The more things change the more they stay the same at Newcastle unfortunately.

Yosh

Coach
Except when he got into first receiver and kept handing the ball over. He should be banned from ever doing it

The 2 minutes before half time when he kicked on the second tackle then milf went to the bin was the turning point.

Very okay with him making some mistakes trying to make something happen.

Dane also looks injured.

Yosh

Coach
Clune has been good. Doesn't deserve to be dropped. What are you smoking mate

What is your definition of good? DCE and Foran have been good. Clune has nothing nothing at all apart from throwing that ball over Lee. Hasn't kicked a ton of metres, hasn't gotten a line break, line break assist, try or try assist. What's this good you talk of? He isn't injured?