What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Manly @ 4 Pines Park, Brookvale

Who will win? Round 18: Manly v Newcastle

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
Ponga was good to watch tonight. Some great runs and his defense was top notch. Need a proper halfback, lock and centre if we're going to be a top 6 side.

Jono078

Referee
Ponga was good to watch tonight. Some great runs and his defense was top notch. Need a proper halfback, lock and centre if we're going to be a top 6 side.
This is the problem now. Ponga really really applied himself tonight. He probably sees the way the team is giving up as the minutes pass by and then next week he'll second guess why he should put in those extra efforts if others aren't willing to do the same.

It's a mess and it's on AOB to rectify ASAP.

Somehow though I think we'll be much close to the spoon than the top 8 by seasons end.

perverse

Referee
This is the problem now. Ponga really really applied himself tonight. He probably sees the way the team is giving up as the minutes pass by and then next week he'll second guess why he should put in those extra efforts if others aren't willing to do the same.

It's a mess and it's on AOB to rectify ASAP.

Somehow though I think we'll be much close to the spoon than the top 8 by seasons end.
Mmm, yes I agree... but it's on Kalyn to overcome that too and play the same no matter what, especially as captain. He has to be a part of the answer in turning it around. That's what being a captain is.

A great captain will put their best in even if they don't win a game that year. It's a hard ask from someone, especially someone that's still as young as Ponga... but it's what we need. Our leaders need to be the foundation the rest is built on.