What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville

Who will win? Round 19: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the point in following rugby league anymore. Even when you win you've not allowed to win because you're the less fancied team.

Seriously is there even a need to have a ref on the field anymore? Just have a minutes stoppage after every play for the bunker to make sure everything's ok. f**k the bunker and captains challenges off and anything else that slows down the game. The only time a video replay is needed is when it involves the in goal line or dead ball line when a player goes flying through the air and it's too hard for the eye to pick up if they were in or out. You don't need a bunker for that though. Just get the ref to look at the scoreboard and watch the replays and make a decision.

The refs aren't perfect. Neither are the players or any of us. The constant search for referee perfection will never happen and the harder they try for it the more they f**k the game. What a cluster f**k!!!!!!

Pezz70

Juniors
I wrote them off this week, but to their credit they stood up today , a couple of fellas who hadn’t been playing great had pretty good games today. They stayed in the fight even when they got behind and played some reasonable footy, couple of dumb plays cost us the game, the two short restarts were really stupid, just wasn’t the time for them, Kepoas stupid offload ten metres out, Douehi’s missed tackles and tackle effectiveness are a worry, Cowboys rolled over that side a bit in the second half mainly because Douehi either missed a tackle or he couldn’t get the blokes on the ground, he needs to commit his body to the tackles. Overall it was a step up from the shit they’ve produced for the last couple of months.

Das Hassler

Bench
So from this point on every team losing within a converted try at FT should just automatically challenge after the hooter goes any play the ball...incorrect play the ball..hand on the shoulder at the play the ball...offside in possession...feed into the second row...anything and everything that could legally and technically be penalized....no offense too minor!
Absolute cellar dweller biased bullshit!

WA Tiger

Bench
I think we got robbed there. Was three or four metres off the play and both going towards the ball, Feldt took the dive the ball had been caught before the Feldt went down and the rest is history. Rubbish. Klein a days in first grade just ended there. Horrible call.
The point is if you put the ref in a position where he can interpret it how he wants (that he ran in front of feldt) and your a tiger then youre asking for trouble.. If kapaoa didn’t see Feldt coming which he prob did then he should have looked.. He had time to size things up

Phil Gould

Juniors
The board does stupid sh$t, I’ll still follow the team. The coach does stupid sh$t, I’ll still follow the team. The team does stupid sh$t, I’ll still follow the team. But when the refs make “mistakes” like that, I question following the game.

The raiders get robbed all the time as well, that game against St.George the other week had the other worst call I’ve ever seen. It’s obvious the games are steered in a certain direction by the refs. What a crock.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s always easy to sympathise after a good win…Come back after a shit loss like we just had

simmo1

First Grade
Obviously sucks to lose in that fashion, but the two points don't really mean anything at this stage. Sometimes losses like that can help galvanise the team, so hopefully we can use this as motivation for the last 6 weeks.

Laurie played out of his skin today. I wonder where performances like that come from? Is it something the fill in coach said to him? Or did he finally decide to pull the finger out and have a dig?

Think back to the start of the season when Payton blasted the refs because the lower teams do not get the 50/50 calls going their way, it started the great run by the cowboys. When they had their try disallowed, I thought try and if it was Tigers, it would definitely have been no try.
That f**ken bunker had to give something back to the Cowboys.

If I was into conspiracies, I’d say the game is rigged, I love a good conspiracy.

Wizardman

First Grade
Obviously sucks to lose in that fashion, but the two points don't really mean anything at this stage. Sometimes losses like that can help galvanise the team, so hopefully we can use this as motivation for the last 6 weeks.

Laurie played out of his skin today. I wonder where performances like that come from? Is it something the fill in coach said to him? Or did he finally decide to pull the finger out and have a dig?
Last week and today are the two best games I've seen Laurie play in terms of putting his body on the line. Defensively (which has been my biggest criticism of him), I couldn't ask more of him than what he has provided in the last two weeks. I was against him getting a contract extension.....now, he is giving me food for thought.

simmo05

Bench
Last week and today are the two best games I've seen Laurie play in terms of putting his body on the line. Defensively (which has been my biggest criticism of him), I couldn't ask more of him than what he has provided in the last two weeks. I was against him getting a contract extension.....now, he is giving me food for thought.
He was great last year and then nothing until this week. Absolute corker today

Phil Gould

Juniors
He saved one I thought was a certain try. Hope his quiet time this year was just him regaining confidence.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Obviously sucks to lose in that fashion, but the two points don't really mean anything at this stage.
That’s a good way of looking at it, would have sucked to have missed the eight by one win. Have to try take away the positives and there were plenty.