What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Sydney @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 19: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johns Magic

Referee
That's one of the reasons I've reckoned Gardner needs to go.
It shakes it up and the structure starts from the top down. He has too much control.
Let Wests put someone else on the Board to handle the pokies. There are certainly other Board members who aren't as involved in football decisions.
From there let AOB go as well.

Gardner must step away. Every time he opens his mouth he either comes across as a muppet who doesn’t know footy, or as a snake businessman with the club as a plaything. Definitely not a man manager or leader of culture.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Did anyone see what happened to Gags?
I saw a little bit where I think he ended up on the ground in defence then went off at the ref. Was he taken out?

Knight76

Juniors
I saw a little bit where I think he ended up on the ground in defence then went off at the ref. Was he taken out?

He ran in to hargraves, thought it was an obstruction. Didn't get the call so gave the ref a spray.

Ref instantly sin binned him.

newyboy

Juniors
I can see the footy show on Sunday when Joey has a rant and then someone on the Panel asks him what is the solution. He then mumbles over and over, "I dont know, I just don't know". He says that for everything. Ponga should never have been resigned, he is not going to attract players or win you a comp. Glanville and Hages were getting into it in the pregame about Hatred and War, its a contact sport, you need to run on the field with BAD intentions.

Spot On

Coach

He did a great job topping the missed tackle count - again.

Also making the sin bin a habit in recent times too.

Knight76

Juniors
Direct quote from AOB’s press conference, “Hopefully we wake up one day, and it’ll be all fixed”. Hahaha wow

To be fair quoted selectively that sounds bad.

But he said that right after saying there is a plan in place with the right people around the team to drive it until it works, hopefully one day we wake up and it's all fixed.

You make it sound like he just wants to wake up from a bad dream rather than work to get there.

My eye opener from that presser was when he was saying about their kick targets and can't do much to prevent that, yet we play with Dom Young, Edrick Lee and can't seem to target them. Or how about getting players back in numbers around the ball and behind the ball to help protect against that.

Or that for the last 10 minutes we let the shackles off and played some footy which they planned to do...So, have we not planned to do that for most games this year? The boring attacking play we throw out week in week out what has he done to change that from continually happening, if that hasn't been the plan?

Frederick

Staff member
To be fair quoted selectively that sounds bad.

But he said that right after saying there is a plan in place with the right people around the team to drive it until it works, hopefully one day we wake up and it's all fixed.

You make it sound like he just wants to wake up from a bad dream rather than work to get there.

My eye opener from that presser was when he was saying about their kick targets and can't do much to prevent that, yet we play with Dom Young, Edrick Lee and can't seem to target them. Or how about getting players back in numbers around the ball and behind the ball to help protect against that.

Or that for the last 10 minutes we let the shackles off and played some footy which they planned to do...So, have we not planned to do that for most games this year? The boring attacking play we throw out week in week out what has he done to change that from continually happening, if that hasn't been the plan?
The last 10 minutes is when the Roosters clocked off and let us play some footy. I wouldn't read too much into it

mozza91

Coach
Not defending O’Brien because we do need to cut him loose and try some thing different but what could he of said at the press conference that would’ve been deemed acceptable and not had any backlash?

It doesn’t matter what he says he’ll cop shit (rightfully) for the terrible performance. So why put so much emphasis on what he says to a bunch of journos after a game?

Jono078

Referee
This blew my mind too. Almost an admission of we couldn't compete with them. Well if you bloody knew that why not instruct Hunt and Eddie to hang back and tackle as soon as they catch? I thought Hunt should have done that for Tupou's last try tbh.

Jono078

Referee
Not defending O’Brien because we do need to cut him loose and try some thing different but what could he of said at the press conference that would’ve been deemed acceptable and not had any backlash?

It doesn’t matter what he says he’ll cop shit (rightfully) for the terrible performance. So why put so much emphasis on what he says to a bunch of journos after a game?
You're right but it's an image and perception thing.

I bet Storm and Raiders fans love when Bellamy and Stuart blow up post-game and say the players were shit. Set some public standards of what is expected.

Instead AOB is fairly soft and perception is they are treated soft behind closed doors and that leads to these relaxed insipid performances because they're all just comfortable in Newy.

So yeah get what you say but there's things he could say and act on which would be more respected.

Latest posts