What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shredder

Juniors
I havent been a fan of Liddle's since day one. I really hoped that this kid would prove me wrong, and all I hear from other fans is "have patience." f**k patience, I want a premiership.

If hes not up to first grade, and lets face it he wont be playing a full year of 80 mins a week if he cant even play consecutive games, I want someone here who will.

RF is probably in his last year. We need a replacement. Isaac Luke still off contract?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m a big Liddle fan but even I’m losing patience with him. I don’t doubt he has the talent for first grade, but all all the talent in the world doesn’t matter if his body isn’t upto it.

Biggest issue though is that pretty much every club has their hooker locked up for next year. Robson from the Dragons is highly thought of however apparently he is going to the Dogs next year. The young kid from the Bunnies is rated, Briggs or something? Can’t imagine him waiting round there under Cook forever. Otherwise Segeyaro? Parcel back from ESL?

Shredder

Juniors
Losing Liddle would give us a succession issue. Segy would be a quick fix, but we need someone younger. I would take anyone thats behind Cook or Smith.

I’m a big Liddle fan but even I’m losing patience with him. I don’t doubt he has the talent for first grade, but all all the talent in the world doesn’t matter if his body isn’t upto it.

Biggest issue though is that pretty much every club has their hooker locked up for next year. Robson from the Dragons is highly thought of however apparently he is going to the Dogs next year. The young kid from the Bunnies is rated, Briggs or something? Can’t imagine him waiting round there under Cook forever. Otherwise Segeyaro? Parcel back from ESL?

I reckon Smith's understudy at Melbourne. Can't tell me he's happy to be there under Smith for another two years. And what's to say Cam won't kick on after that if he's feeling good (and still every chance of a premiership?)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If I were you lot I’d be taking a look at Karl Lawton at the Warriors in this weeks curtain raiser. He’s now third in the pecking order for us after Nate Roache’s successful return from long term injury (4th if you count Jazz Tevaga as a hooker), and TBH he’s a better player than that.

Fordy20

Juniors

If we're looking at stop gaps until Liddle is fit like Segeyaro, then Mitch Rein would be servicable enough and is also off contract. If we are looking for genuine competition/replacement, Karl Lawton is also off contract at the Warrioris and is only 23.

Shredder

Juniors
You sold me at 23 Fordy.

Mbye is 25, Brooks is 24. Having another solid player in the spine in his early 20s would add significant stability to this club

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I suspect the Warriors primarily signed Lawton because of Nate Roache’s injury issues at the time and the fact that Isaac Luke was off contract at the end of last year. With Luke signed up again and Roache having made a successful recovery, I don’t see him playing much if any FG this year.

cerberus

Coach
i think we might get lucky . they had to win for christchurch last week .
this week , away for home they could have a real lull .

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I reckon Smith's understudy at Melbourne. Can't tell me he's happy to be there under Smith for another two years. And what's to say Cam won't kick on after that if he's feeling good (and still every chance of a premiership?)

Why wouldnt Smith be able to play on. ....he only needs to wash his jersey every second week. He'd be more beaten up by now if he had made a career from playing soccer

Rich102

Staff member
Packer and Matulino were poor in the trial - maybe they got on the booze.
You will need them firing to get some go-forward.
We will be a more consistent team without Johnson.
Luke back will add a bit of starch.
Hope it is a good game.
What's the weather like?

The unknown

Juniors
Packer and Matulino were poor in the trial - maybe they got on the booze.
You will need them firing to get some go-forward.
We will be a more consistent team without Johnson.
Luke back will add a bit of starch.
Hope it is a good game.
What's the weather like?

Sunny, 30 degrees. Hopefully a fast game

simmo05

Bench
Can we get up? From memory we go alright against the bros at ctown? Bros @ 2 dollars looks tasty considering how slick they were last week

The unknown

Juniors
Can we get up? From memory we go alright against the bros at ctown? Bros @ 2 dollars looks tasty considering how slick they were last week

We have a really good record in Sydney v NZ. Over there is where we struggle

Still, the warriors this year look like they'll be hard to beat both away and at home

Tiger05

First Grade
What a win. That feels like the best win in a while. I thought we were really up against it today. We were great. Robbie was out of this world.