What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Wests Tigers @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 2
Wests Tigers v Newcastle Knights
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield, Lilyfield (TICKETS)
Sunday 12 March 2023

Gates 11:40am / Jersey Flegg (WST v NEW) 11:50am / NSW Cup (WES v NEW) 1:35pm / NRL starts 4:05pm, broadcast on Nine Network and Fox League/Kayo

WST2022TEAM.png

To be announced

NEW2022TEAM.png

To be announced

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Jon Stone
Video Referee: Matt Noyen

WESTS TIGERS: Wests Tigers/Wests Magpies^ v Newcastle at Leichhardt, Sun - Flegg 11:50am / NSW Cup 1:35pm

NEWCASTLE: v Wests Tigers/Wests Magpies at Leichhardt, Sun - Flegg 11:50am / NSW Cup 1:35pm

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Really looking forward to this game. It could finally be the game that AOB gets fired!!!

Knight Tales

Juniors
Given the Dolphins physical destruction of the Roosters, this week is very much the most important game in O’Brien’s career. Cos a loss makes week three look dire.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Really looking forward to this game. It could finally be the game that AOB gets fired!!!
It will be a tragedy regardless of how anyone feels about him personally. I will just temper this with Ciraldo has bought big and they looked ordinary at best. After 1 week he is already into them. That is a bad sign for him IMO. That pack should be dominant.
So all the hype and qualities we want to see from a coach are a hard gauge. Siebold is the cautionary tale for all people who wrote off a coach. Cos if he continues his current trajectory at Manly they could win the premiership.

Jono078

Referee
Tigers may not have got many points against the Titans but they weren't afraid to spread the ball and offload at will - that is generally something we struggle against.

Oh and I just want to in early with this. No excuses for AOB on this one, we'll have had a long week of preparation compared to the Tigers! So none of this "short 6-day turnaround" business from him!

Das Hassler

Bench
May the least worst of a total headf ck team win! :) I think it'll be a good game...Hastings and Klem will both go well

Jono078

Referee
I expect the Saifiti’s to really step up in this one. To prove they don’t need Klem.

Are we expecting any changes to the lineup this week? I believe Frizell has to sit this one out?

When are Gagai and Marzhew due back?

I expect the Saifiti’s to really step up in this one. To prove they don’t need Klem.

Are we expecting any changes to the lineup this week? I believe Frizell has to sit this one out?

When are Gagai and Marzhew due back?
Friz shouldn't have to sit it out if he's fine. He only needs a 7 day mandatory rest

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’m sure I heard something about an 11 day mandatory rest period for players who fail the HIA. I could be wrong though so take it with a grain of salt.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Lachlan Miller
2. Hymel Hunt
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Dom Young
6. Kalyn Ponga (C)
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Kurt Mann

14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Jack Johns
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Leo Thompson

18. Brodie Jones
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Enari Tuala
21. Greg Marzhew
22. Dylan Lucas

"Veteran Maroons Origin centre Dane Gagai returns from a hamstring injury and Jack Johns replaces interchange forward Adam Elliott who suffered a groin injury against the Warriors last week."

Pretty concerned about Elliott's groin issue going forward. Sounded nasty when it happened late last season, held him out of most of pre-season, and now playing up again. Seems like it could be an ongoing thing.

Latest posts