What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Nah.

Allegedly Clearys on 1.1M, Ponga 1.4M. That 300k isn't turning us into premiership contender with Ponga out like Panthers still are without Cleary. We're paying a dozen plodders too much before Ponga is an issue.
There's like $1.2m tied up in Hastings and Hetherington alone. It's so embarrassing, but we continue to sign players on what we hope they'll produce for us, rather than who they are when we sign them. It's like we sign contracts based on our dreams.

Jono078

Referee
The quicker we let Hastings go, the better. I honestly don’t think he offers a whole lot more than Cogger. Sick of his crap conservate kicks, him giving it to a flat footed KPP (who is barely FG standard himself) all the time.
I'm actually pissed off it wasn't Pryce and Gamble as our halves tonight. Hastings is going the way of Pearce for me. Did nicely in their first couple of seasons then just were past it in a blink of an eye. Uncontested "bombs" cannot be a thing, at least not 90% of the time.

Woody90

Juniors
Yes, our attack is so bad it puts unnecessary additional pressure on our defence. No doubt about it. It's insane to me that these blokes train together as a professional job. I dunno what they do all year.

100%. Our defence suddenly worked last year because we took so much confidence from our attack and playing a style that suited the players.

I’m still legitimately perplexed why we took everything that worked for us last year and threw it out the window in favour of this ineffective and conservative crap. I don’t care it’s more on AOB or Green or whoever but either way they need to have a long hard look at themselves in the off season.

drizzy drake

Juniors
Not for the first time this season, I’ve switched off after 20 mins despite the score line not out of hand (yet). It’s just so obvious when we don’t show up, can tell within a few minutes it’ll be a flogging. The players don’t care so neither do I.
That Thompson knock on was just embarrassing. Used to pull that trick on the duds in D grade touch footy, go in for the touch and then pull out. Embarrassing shit from a professional

Woody90

Juniors
We have McDermott waiting in the wings. Him or Madge. I don't care. Just fire AOB already.

Nobody in our coaching staff deserves any type of promotion. Including McDermott. We got beaten by 40 last week by a Manly side without DCE.

We need a whole new coaching team with fresh ideas.