What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Cowboys v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave_

Juniors
Relax guys, I'm pretty sure Dave was just saying it as an expression rather than a suggestion or statement of fact.

Brown definitely isn't perfect. He's been getting a lot of credit for the work of Darren Mooney, too. Having said that, I don't think he's horrible, either. There are better coaches out there, but he's got us pointed in the right direction at least.

Next year will make or break his NRL career, so he better hope he and Moons find a big prop and some more depth.
Yeah...that first thing ya said is correct.

Dave_

Juniors
"Basically though bruz, if you're a dickhead you're getting told and most can dig that."

Ridiculous comment gets treated as it deserved.

It'll be great if we can get Watson, Ponga and Pearce together for more than four games
Hahaha yeewww. Few sandy fannys in here haha. Chill out boys, I just got sick of ol' mate saying how much he wanted to sign our only good players. Just so sick of being such a shit club and all the cheating big successful clubs and their supporters hanging it on us... it's hard work following these merkins. Bound to do anyone's head in haha

Bartwah

Juniors
Hahaha yeewww. Few sandy fannys in here haha. Chill out boys, I just got sick of ol' mate saying how much he wanted to sign our only good players. Just so sick of being such a shit club and all the cheating big successful clubs and their supporters hanging it on us... it's hard work following these merkins. Bound to do anyone's head in haha
Agree. I’m in the same boat. Sick of not feeling confident about any wins for literally the last 3 years. Bring back North Sydney Bears so I can jump off this ship haha

mozza91

Coach
It was a Knights special. Imagine everything going wrong, and then everyone giving up, and then multiply that by Newcastle squared.
So true. Canberra fans like to piss and moan about how bad their team is but they don’t have a patch on us. We are the Don Bradman of sucking at Rugby League.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I've backed Brown as much as anyone but someone explain what happened. Does he not say the right things or do our players just not listen?

If u think a ht pep talk from the coach makes or breaks a teams performance the u are seriously deluded. That is squarely on the weak shit we dished up in the first 5 if the 2nd half.

Let them back in the game. That and the fact we left 12 points out on the field in the 1st half. Barnett has too many errors and needs to own some of this.

Dave_

Juniors
If u think a ht pep talk from the coach makes or breaks a teams performance the u are seriously deluded. That is squarely on the weak shit we dished up in the first 5 if the 2nd half.

Let them back in the game. That and the fact we left 12 points out on the field in the 1st half. Barnett has too many errors and needs to own some of this.
But why did we dish up said weak shit? Tell me.

The thing that concerns me the most is, that was a performance reminiscent of the days when the inmates ran the asylum. It's hard brother, I'm not death riding our coach, ..just pointing out that he needs to take a bit of the rap too.

I feel like we took a massive step backwards tonight. Possibly a huge reality check too. Still need more leadership on and off the field.

Pedge1971

First Grade
But why did we dish up said weak shit? Tell me.

The thing that concerns me the most is, that was a performance reminiscent of the days when the inmates ran the asylum. It's hard brother, I'm not death riding our coach, ..just pointing out that he needs to take a bit of the rap too.

I feel like we took a massive step backwards tonight. Possibly a huge reality check too. Still need more leadership on and off the field.

Sigh. Agree. I have no idea as f**king frustrating as it is. As Brown says their best and worst are still so far apart. But how do you coach that?

Personally I feel it is more personnel than coaching ability in this instance. We still dont have a side that can consistently compete.

Bartwah

Juniors
If we had Pearce for the full season, you’d think we would’ve beaten the dogs, titans and roosters the second time. Full strength squad and we win tonight. 4 more wins puts us equal 4-6th. Our season has been ordinary, but only injuries kept it from being a great success. Next year we’ll get to enjoy September boys

Yosh

Coach
Ah... What was that? I don't know what I just saw... Why didn't we take two extra points when we were up by 2 near the end? Why not extend by 4 and keep possession and run the clock down? Why keep touch and go when our attack had nothing time and time again...

Listening to Brown's press conference he's talking about the HT address and he sounds like he's out of ideas.. " We've had a lot of poor starts to 2nd halves, we've tried different people on there.. Maybe I shouldn't go into the sheds at halftime I'm not sure"

Comforting.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I was at work and was going to watch this when I got home, I had heard the half time score and then couldn’t help myself but to look at the result...wtf? Should I bother watching or will it just anger me too much?
Why does our team have to be this bunch of mental midgets? Why can’t we be like everyone else and have some good times occasionally?

Old dog

Juniors
Was very disappointing, we had them then gave up, many players unsighted, Ponga didnt look his usual self, SKD tried hard but usual mistakes, Sione mixed bag, Ross had one of his quietest, Sio was Mr invisible except for kicking, Cogger was ok, better in defence than has been, gave a few good passes, Pearce top first half, lost it after put it down to head knock, forwards Fitzy and Guerra were good,, did Lillyman play after first 20, DanS started good but awol after, Barnett very ordinary, Levi ok until brain snap before half time and shouldn't have been sin binned, Heighinton tried hard but not quite, King I don't recall doing much, Buhrer made no impression and Essee has had better games. All in all not good, 2 points lost when offered on a platter.
Yes last try was forward pass, did anyone else think it was ironic that the worst player, most silly mistakes scored the winning try

Pedge1971

First Grade
I was at work and was going to watch this when I got home, I had heard the half time score and then couldn’t help myself but to look at the result...wtf? Should I bother watching or will it just anger me too much?
Why does our team have to be this bunch of mental midgets? Why can’t we be like everyone else and have some good times occasionally?

Watch the first half mate. That is all.

Yosh

Coach
Was very disappointing, we had them then gave up, many players unsighted, Ponga didnt look his usual self, SKD tried hard but usual mistakes, Sione mixed bag, Ross had one of his quietest, Sio was Mr invisible except for kicking, Cogger was ok, better in defence than has been, gave a few good passes, Pearce top first half, lost it after put it down to head knock, forwards Fitzy and Guerra were good,, did Lillyman play after first 20, DanS started good but awol after, Barnett very ordinary, Levi ok until brain snap before half time and shouldn't have been sin binned, Heighinton tried hard but not quite, King I don't recall doing much, Buhrer made no impression and Essee has had better games. All in all not good, 2 points lost when offered on a platter.
Yes last try was forward pass, did anyone else think it was ironic that the worst player, most silly mistakes scored the winning try

Great summary of the game. We should be beating the Cowboys and the Doggies and that Titans team that only had 11 players for a while. It feels like our team is enthusiastic but ready to lose at any moment. We don't have the winning mentality yet. To be expected after 3 straight spoons. Hopefully we can use this season as a springboard and get those 3 or 4 extra wins to get us into the eight next year.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’m 10mins in, what the Hell! We lost this???

We sure did! This one would make the special exhibit in the wing of the greatest all time second half implosions in the Knights museum.

What can I say that hasn’t been said already, the attitude in the second half was deplorable. I really don’t get how we can be so good for 40 minutes and so bad in the second 40 minutes. As Brown said maybe he shouldn’t turn up for the half time speech.

It also really pisses me off that we let that grub Thurston get one more over on us before retirement. Would have loved to send him out a loser against us.