What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
I thought 1st played 8th
OK I think it used to be 1 vs 8....The first week
The eight teams are typically divided into two groups of four, the top four (1-4) and the bottom four (5-8), who play games among themselves in the first week of finals.

In the top four, first play fourth and second play third in qualifying finals. The higher-placed teams, first and second, have the right to host these finals in their home state.

One of the advantages given to teams in the top four is that they cannot be eliminated if they lose in the first week.

However, the winners of these finals have a bye in the second week and host a preliminary final in their home state in the third week.

Meanwhile, the losers of these finals must play again in the second week and, if they survive that, may have to travel interstate to play their opponent in the third week. So winning a qualifying final is a significant advantage.

First Qualifying Final: first ranked team hosts fourth ranked team
Second Qualifying Final: second ranked team hosts third ranked team

In the bottom four, fifth play eighth and sixth play seventh in elimination finals. Again, the higher-placed teams, fifth and sixth, have the right to host these finals in their home state.

WA Tiger

Bench
OK I think it used to be 1 vs 8....The first week
The eight teams are typically divided into two groups of four, the top four (1-4) and the bottom four (5-8), who play games among themselves in the first week of finals.

In the top four, first play fourth and second play third in qualifying finals. The higher-placed teams, first and second, have the right to host these finals in their home state.

One of the advantages given to teams in the top four is that they cannot be eliminated if they lose in the first week.

However, the winners of these finals have a bye in the second week and host a preliminary final in their home state in the third week.

Meanwhile, the losers of these finals must play again in the second week and, if they survive that, may have to travel interstate to play their opponent in the third week. So winning a qualifying final is a significant advantage.

First Qualifying Final: first ranked team hosts fourth ranked team
Second Qualifying Final: second ranked team hosts third ranked team

In the bottom four, fifth play eighth and sixth play seventh in elimination finals. Again, the higher-placed teams, fifth and sixth, have the right to host these finals in their home state.
We could play Parra first up? That’s a much better system ..better chance of advancing...Its always been unheard of to come from outside top 4

macnaz

Staff member
We could play Parra first up? That’s a much better system ..better chance of advancing...Its always been unheard of to come from outside top 4
We would have more chance of beating Melbourne then the Eels , so it's hardly making it easier.

WA Tiger

Bench
We would have more chance of beating Melbourne then the Eels , so it's hardly making it easier.
Fair enough...just think Parra shouldn’t be beating us but they have and I think Didnt we have s smart arse on our forum from Parra and Moses is playing for Parra and Mannah was coming then changed his mind..feel like a used boyfriend just to get their attention... and they are tough so would be be a satisfying win if we can play them esp with Tigers Mach 2

Last edited:
Madge is only interested in beating the dogs.

There is nothing else beyond this assignment so far as his mindset is concerned.

No world beyond the next win.

WA Tiger

Bench
Mate, that system hasn't been in affect since we were last in the finals! If we finish 8th we would play likely Souths, Parra, or Manly I reckon.
Cheers ...Shit that far back ...I should worry more about those details...I got caught out there...

WA Tiger

Bench
Mate, that system hasn't been in affect since we were last in the finals! If we finish 8th we would play likely Souths, Parra, or Manly I reckon.
. I havnt been this focused on the game every year...I’ll blame u guys for that ...I’m picking up heaps of good stuff on this forum..no bastard to talk about league with over here

Last edited: