What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Penrith @ BlueBet Stadium, Penrith / Dharug

Who will win? Round 22: Penrith v Newcastle

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Penrith Panthers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Tales

Bench
The principles of AOB’s drag it into the gutter ethos are all well and good except this football side thinks that is their ceiling. And will continue to until he learns to open up the shoulders . Interestingly though, his style does seem to work against the Panthers. Our last three efforts against them have been pretty solid without yielding any results. and therein is our problem. We seem to be ok with effort as the yardstick and somehow hope we will win. Our performances against the top two sides in this comp have been close to our best and somehow that leaves us against lesser teams.
I think a side like abrisbane would be perfect for Adam. They can learn to play his style of conservative hi completion and low risk, but have the skill and talent to nail the big moments. And you can see his style comes up short in a team without that level of talent. It does not work for us. But I also think he will coach another NRL club after us and likely do better. The Storm rinse and repeat coaching is there for all to see. I suspect Parra will be very similar under Ryies, the big difference being they have Moses to create the chances.

Last edited: