What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Canterbury @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Canterbury v Newcastle

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burwood

Bench
We’ll need to beat the Titans minus Dan and Klemmer- we’ll need to be at our best to get on top of them.

Knight Tales

Juniors
AOB’s comments in the presser basically echo what everyone is saying in here. He said our attack isn’t good enough and given we’ve got our spine back together it should function a lot better than it has been. He also mentioned getting the ball to Ponga at the right moment and in the right places.

I thought the attack was pretty good against the raiders but then it’s declined again over the last few weeks which is a bit weird tbh given it should have been getting better with our key players spending more time playing and training together.
Wish Hodgson was ready for FG cos i know what i'd be doing to shake the attack up this week.

Yosh

Coach
AOB’s comments in the presser basically echo what everyone is saying in here. He said our attack isn’t good enough and given we’ve got our spine back together it should function a lot better than it has been. He also mentioned getting the ball to Ponga at the right moment and in the right places.

I thought the attack was pretty good against the raiders but then it’s declined again over the last few weeks which is a bit weird tbh given it should have been getting better with our key players spending more time playing and training together.

The right moments Ponga should get the ball is : always. He should be on the ball all the time. Why is he standing next to Brailey all the time if he isn't going to get the ball? Ponga should get the ball 3 or 4 times a set. Even if it is only to hand it off to a forward. Get the ball in Ponga's hands and he should be doing a lot more work for the team in attack.

Also, why is he never there sniffing for the offload?

Burwood

Bench
Ok. I don’t even recall anything Klemmer did?

Just watched a replay then- Klemmer was tackled by Thompson in the 75th minute (just after penalty for Ponga being dragged back in goal by James) and strikes him once or twice while on his back. Thompson is at marker and goes chasing after the ball once Klemmer plays it- he didn’t react to it at all or seem the slightest bit bothered.

Burwood

Bench
There were sets yesterday where Newcastle had 6 tackles in the 20m and Ponga touched the ball maybe once to shovel it off to a forward. It’s almost like, now that we finally have the entire spine on the field, they are waiting for one of them to create something with the ball.

Old dog

Juniors
If Klemmer is out then can start King and JSaf at Prop, Barnett, Frizell and Jones back three.
Likely to see Momoisea on bench with Randall Watson and Sue, not much different from last game but missing our yardage man

Zoidberg

First Grade
Does anyone know if we’ve had the same ref the past 2 weeks?
I just feel like we’ve been hard done by in the ruck and repeat sets the last few weeks.

Burwood

Bench
Hodgson to 14. Start Watson at lock. Like i said IF he was first grade ready.
He wasn’t even a standout in NSW Cup all those weeks ago, and he hasn’t been playing any footy since. All we have to go on is the English Roopy who waxes lyrical about him.

Hopefully Gould’s plan of a summer cup for fringe first graders goes ahead and the kid gets some much needed game time to prepare him a bit for 2022.

Jono078

Referee
He wasn’t even a standout in NSW Cup all those weeks ago, and he hasn’t been playing any footy since. All we have to go on is the English Roopy who waxes lyrical about him.

Hopefully Gould’s plan of a summer cup for fringe first graders goes ahead and the kid gets some much needed game time to prepare him a bit for 2022.
English Roopy haha! I do miss that bloke, was always fun reading his thoughts on juniors coming through.

I also hope there is some sort of comp after the NRL season to get these young guys some footy before Christmas and give fans some excitement about potential prospects heading into 2022.

Spot On

Coach
I just feel like we’ve been hard done by in the ruck and repeat sets the last few weeks.

We've well and truly had the rub of the green the past two games... in many ways ... and we've needed it in both.

Good for us though - we've made the 8 (without a monumental f**k up in the next 2 rounds) so we can't complain.

Apey

Staff member
No offence but is this a joke post? If anything we've had a golden run.

Zoidberg

First Grade
No offence but is this a joke post? If anything we've had a golden run.
Not meant as a joke.
I’m not talking about other calls, just specifically the repeat sets from ruck infringements.
Only watched the games live, no replay, so there is emotion involved.

mozza91

Coach
The refs weren’t a factor in either game. The penalty for the gang tackle against Cronulla was abit lucky but the ref called held several times.

Neither side really got the rub of the green on the weekend either despite Voss and Blocker crying foul and supporting the underdog.