What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Dragons @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
Nathan also failed to take control of his team against a team in the bottom 8
He did but at least he has the tools in his kit bag. Maybe this crap with his old man is affecting him. You could gaurantee bee sting is bugging the shit out of him. Luke on the other hand has proven for years he doesnt have the tools. He rarely stands up in a game that matters and often just fades into the background.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hang on, those blokes over play their hand because your golden boy shits his dacks whenever things arent going his way. Benji and Robbie may have made some f**k ups tonight, but they were trying. Brooks wasnt.

Brooks deserves a lot of Criticism but this is garbage. He smashed Simms 1 on 1 multiple times, does that seems like a guy who isn’t trying?

He is averaging 20 touches less a game since Farah’s come back. Farah plays for himself, always has.

stryker

First Grade
Nathan and Brooks are same same. We need more second phase play from forwards and more skill on the left edge. Catching passing in traffic is poor. Also need to build pressure then score points. When had opportunities in first 20min but we're trying to score the first set everytime. Melbourne last night were able to grind out 20points without any flair.
I dont think they are remotely similar.
The analogy you used is a good one and i agree with it. I also believe out of these two players, only Nathan is capable of having the composure to create this outcome.

stryker

First Grade
Brooks deserves a lot of Criticism but this is garbage. He smashed Simms 1 on 1 multiple times, does that seems like a guy who isn’t trying?

He is averaging 20 touches less a game since Farah’s come back. Farah plays for himself, always has.
If he is too timid to over rule other players then thats another reason to not keep him in that position. For god sakes, he is not a rookie...he should be the boss out there.

Tiger Ted

Bench
On a side note how bloody uncanny that Luciano proved to b as much a nemesis as his older brother has been against us in recent yrs.

Tiger05

First Grade
If he is too timid to over rule other players then thats another reason to not keep him in that position. For god sakes, he is not a rookie...he should be the boss out there.

Farah overplays his hand. He shouldn't have to yell at Robbie not to do dumb plays and Robbie should know better. No half in the game would have been good out there with Robbie at dummy half.

stryker

First Grade
Farah overplays his hand. He shouldn't have to yell at Robbie not to do dumb plays and Robbie should know better. No half in the game would have been good out there with Robbie at dummy half.
Oh bullcrap. Pretty much every half in the comp bar the Melbourne boys run their teams attack. They would have screamed blue murder if the ball never came to them at pivotal moments. He doesnt want it as he has little idea what to do. He has been like this his whole career and everyone blames others. Robbie, Benji, Moses, Tedesco...they all over rule him and hog it. Coaching plans dont support his play... Its all diversionary. There is however one common denominator and you guys want to give him a pay bump and extended contract.

Russell Coight

Juniors
I think teams like roosters, storm, rabbits put atleast 30 on st George in the 1st half with how bad they played. Despite how shit they were in the 1st half, they were up 6-0 lol. Shows that we were even worse

Vozzy

Juniors
If that game was played the same way in the middle of the season where we didn't know it was the season on the line probably would have won but too many times over the years the game that defines the season being kept alive they shit the bed. I wish we played roosters or storm at least you know you have to lift to beat them.

Only positive thing this season is defense overall. Today was bad one on one misses.

Positions we need consistency from is 5/8, hooker, a second phase style backrower and lock. We have 5 guys who just Hit it up. First 5 rounds our backs were doing hit ups and offloading we made a lot of metre even though we didn't score a lot but that was against good teams. We seemed to go away from game plans once we had a few 1-2 week injuries constantly and our depth was tested.

We seem to have a very similar team to this year next year it's hard to see them being so much better.

Tiger05

First Grade
Oh bullcrap. Pretty much every half in the comp bar the Melbourne boys run their teams attack. They would have screamed blue murder if the ball never came to them at pivotal moments. He doesnt want it as he has little idea what to do. He has been like this his whole career and everyone blames others. Robbie, Benji, Moses, Tedesco...they all over rule him and hog it. Coaching plans dont support his play... Its all diversionary. There is however one common denominator and you guys want to give him a pay bump and extended contract.

If you watched the game last night and thought Brooks was the problem you clearly have a massive bias. No team can win games consistently with a dummy half playing the way Robbie did and the rest of the team dropping it on every second play.

Tiger05

First Grade
If that game was played the same way in the middle of the season where we didn't know it was the season on the line probably would have won but too many times over the years the game that defines the season being kept alive they shit the bed. I wish we played roosters or storm at least you know you have to lift to beat them.

Only positive thing this season is defense overall. Today was bad one on one misses.

Positions we need consistency from is 5/8, hooker, a second phase style backrower and lock. We have 5 guys who just Hit it up. First 5 rounds our backs were doing hit ups and offloading we made a lot of metre even though we didn't score a lot but that was against good teams. We seemed to go away from game plans once we had a few 1-2 week injuries constantly and our depth was tested.

We seem to have a very similar team to this year next year it's hard to see them being so much better.

We need to look at our weaknesses and improve those areas. Our forwards do need to improve and our backs could do with some outright quality but the no 1 issue is hooker and then probably our 6.

I don't think we are a bad team though and there is plenty to work with. Brooks & Mbye are quality. Liddle looks like he could go to that level. Nofo, Masters, Thompson in the backs look good. Fonua has his moments but he needs to get rid of the mistakes in his game. I thought Elijah Taylor was great last night and used right he is the type of player to build a pack around. I thought Matulino and Packer were pretty good as well. Lawrence has been great all season. Chee-Kam has come on.

We do need though some more quality players. When Leulia ran over Chee-Kam it showed the type of player that we don't have. We lack some class in our pack and outside backs.

stryker

First Grade
If you watched the game last night and thought Brooks was the problem you clearly have a massive bias. No team can win games consistently with a dummy half playing the way Robbie did and the rest of the team dropping it on every second play.
The only bias here is you blaming a guy who has been here for a couple of months during which time we won most of our games. This isnt about last night, its about how we squandered our terrific start and missed the finals once again.

stryker

First Grade
We need to look at our weaknesses and improve those areas. Our forwards do need to improve and our backs could do with some outright quality but the no 1 issue is hooker and then probably our 6.

I don't think we are a bad team though and there is plenty to work with. Brooks & Mbye are quality. Liddle looks like he could go to that level. Nofo, Masters, Thompson in the backs look good. Fonua has his moments but he needs to get rid of the mistakes in his game. I thought Elijah Taylor was great last night and used right he is the type of player to build a pack around. I thought Matulino and Packer were pretty good as well. Lawrence has been great all season. Chee-Kam has come on.

We do need though some more quality players. When Leulia ran over Chee-Kam it showed the type of player that we don't have. We lack some class in our pack and outside backs.
Our seven is a weakness.
Our prop rotation is a weakness
Our lack of a strike center is a weakness
Our lack of quality edge runners is a weakness.
Our no.1 was a weakness but Mbye seems to have that covered.
Our no. 9 is a weakness and Robbie is only a stop gap fix. Maybe Liddle can take control of it but I doubt it to be honest.
I dont see our 5/8th as a weakness but it is a risk.

The squad we have will never win a premiereship it must be changed and refined.

Das Hassler

Bench
As against the grain as this sounds we were never a hope yesterday at LO...i believe we could and probably would have won that game anywhere else. Farah has been very good EXCEPTat his two games there since coming back. I'm now convinced of what ive suspected...that is that he gets sucked in by the hype..it's his "calling" as the Tigers gladiatorial saviour at his sacred collossium ( he's said as much in interviews) His body language is different ...the team focussed control goes out the window and most every play becomes make it up as you go along. Anywhere else and he pretty much stays on script and enhances the side. At LO he shouldnt be in the run on side...anywhere else yes but not there. Liddle showed him within the first few minutes all that was required.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
A sendoff will all but ensure a loss....not the time for any warm and fuzzy now

My earlier post....this is what i meant....no official sendoff but the possibility of it being a last game at LO did it just the same. Not personal...just the way i think it went

Tiger05

First Grade
Our seven is a weakness.
Our prop rotation is a weakness
Our lack of a strike center is a weakness
Our lack of quality edge runners is a weakness.
Our no.1 was a weakness but Mbye seems to have that covered.
Our no. 9 is a weakness and Robbie is only a stop gap fix. Maybe Liddle can take control of it but I doubt it to be honest.
I dont see our 5/8th as a weakness but it is a risk.

The squad we have will never win a premiereship it must be changed and refined.

I agree that we need to improve our squad.

Latest posts