What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Dragons @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
As against the grain as this sounds we were never a hope yesterday at LO...i believe we could and probably would have won that game anywhere else. Farah has been very good EXCEPTat his two games there since coming back. I'm now convinced of what ive suspected...that is that he gets sucked in by the hype..it's his "calling" as the Tigers gladiatorial saviour at his sacred collossium ( he's said as much in interviews) His body language is different ...the team focussed control goes out the window and most every play becomes make it up as you go along. Anywhere else and he pretty much stays on script and enhances the side. At LO he shouldnt be in the run on side...anywhere else yes but not there. Liddle showed him within the first few minutes all that was required.

It's almost like you just can't play him at times can you. His ego seems to get out of control.

stryker

First Grade
Please tell me how you can overrule the guy playing from dummy half. The hooker calls all the shots mate
The half can over rule when he sees an opportunity and demands the ball. Do you think Johns, Thurston, Cronk and co patiently waited for their turn with the ball? They played with far more dominant hookers and got the ball when they wanted it.

stryker

First Grade
As against the grain as this sounds we were never a hope yesterday at LO...i believe we could and probably would have won that game anywhere else. Farah has been very good EXCEPTat his two games there since coming back. I'm now convinced of what ive suspected...that is that he gets sucked in by the hype..it's his "calling" as the Tigers gladiatorial saviour at his sacred collossium ( he's said as much in interviews) His body language is different ...the team focussed control goes out the window and most every play becomes make it up as you go along. Anywhere else and he pretty much stays on script and enhances the side. At LO he shouldnt be in the run on side...anywhere else yes but not there. Liddle showed him within the first few minutes all that was required.
Yep both his Leichhardt games were poor due to the reasons youve stated.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Dogs beating the Warriors, being a WT supporter is f**king hard, isn't it.

Yep. Since we started our little run all the results went against us when we won, then they all went for us when we lost.

If we win last night I have no doubts we make the 8.

Watch Brisbane and Warriors both lose next week after we beat Manly, just to give us some undeserved hope.

What’s the eligibility criteria for reserves and playing in final series?

I’d hate to see Garner & Liddle miss out going further into September by playing 1st grade. It use to be from memory something like X out of last x games.

Russell Coight

Juniors
The half can over rule when he sees an opportunity and demands the ball. Do you think Johns, Thurston, Cronk and co patiently waited for their turn with the ball? They played with far more dominant hookers and got the ball when they wanted it.

It also takes two to tango. Watching Brooks up close his body language looks shitty when Farah opts for the low percentage play, he is a selfish player

Brooks can demand the ball all he wants but if the dummy half doesnt pass you the ball...well you figure out the rest

Just my observation but when Liddle came on Brooks looked like he had full control of the team and it was no surprise our best period of the game was the last 10-15 mins.

Das Hassler

Bench
Well...
If if if we can get manly thursday night we will be set to enjoy one more ...or perhaps two more crushing dissapointments.....anyway i hope manly have a lousy bus trip over thursday afternoon....anyone have an old clunker they could have smash into the spit bridge for a worthy cause?...

Das Hassler

Bench
It would be hard cheering for both Roosters franchises (east and west) next weekend ..but if that's what it takes i'll just take an extra long shower to wash it off

Tiger Ted

Bench
Dogs beating the Warriors, being a WT supporter is f**king hard, isn't it.
So bloody predictable just to rub salt into the wounds.

No doubt had we won y’day the warriors would’ve won.

Another early finishing season for us full of numerous if only’s !

The bigger prob facing us is we urgently need to enhance the current roster if we r to finally play finals footy once again in ‘19.

stryker

First Grade
It also takes two to tango. Watching Brooks up close his body language looks shitty when Farah opts for the low percentage play, he is a selfish player

Brooks can demand the ball all he wants but if the dummy half doesnt pass you the ball...well you figure out the rest

Just my observation but when Liddle came on Brooks looked like he had full control of the team and it was no surprise our best period of the game was the last 10-15 mins.
Lol his body language.....blah blah blah.
OPEN YOUR FCKING MOUTH AND DEMAND THE FOOTBALL.
For christ sakes if Farah is hogging the ball then he is going against the game plan. Get up him. Call him out in front of everyone. Get the coach to rev him up.....doing nothing and sulking with shitty body language is a weak reaction.

Russell Coight

Juniors
Lol his body language.....blah blah blah.
OPEN YOUR FCKING MOUTH AND DEMAND THE FOOTBALL.
For christ sakes if Farah is hogging the ball then he is going against the game plan. Get up him. Call him out in front of everyone. Get the coach to rev him up.....doing nothing and sulking with shitty body language is a weak reaction.

Lol dude everyone from opposition teams say the exact same thing. They say Farah is a hog, its partly the reason some of us wanted him gone last time

stryker

First Grade
Lol dude everyone from opposition teams say the exact same thing. They say Farah is a hog, its partly the reason some of us wanted him gone last time
That doesnt change the situation nor my point. Brooks put in garbage performances last year and this year when Farah wasnt here.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well...
If if if we can get manly thursday night we will be set to enjoy one more ...or perhaps two more crushing dissapointments.....anyway i hope manly have a lousy bus trip over thursday afternoon....anyone have an old clunker they could have smash into the spit bridge for a worthy cause?...
I think we have a bus they can borrow:p

Tiger05

First Grade
That doesnt change the situation nor my point. Brooks put in garbage performances last year and this year when Farah wasnt here.

Brooks has been really good this year. Yes he has put in some average performances but he has been one of the best halves this year in the comp.

The criticism needs to be fair.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
What’s the eligibility criteria for reserves and playing in final series?

I’d hate to see Garner & Liddle miss out going further into September by playing 1st grade. It use to be from memory something like X out of last x games.

I was concerned about this too, and noticed the Bulldogs dodgy manouvre having Rhyse Martin play 1 second of reserve grade yesterday so he qualifies for finals.

Turns out, 'Under NSWRL rulings, players must feature in at least eight Intrust Super Premiership NSW matches to be eligible for finals selection.'

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/b98d7d1937aabfa451b18dace9eaa445

Looks like Fonua and Garner qualify, but Liddle won't.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I was concerned about this too, and noticed the Bulldogs dodgy manouvre having Rhyse Martin play 1 second of reserve grade yesterday so he qualifies for finals.

Turns out, 'Under NSWRL rulings, players must feature in at least eight Intrust Super Premiership NSW matches to be eligible for finals selection.'

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/b98d7d1937aabfa451b18dace9eaa445

Looks like Fonua and Garner qualify, but Liddle won't.

How many games has Liddle played?

Latest posts