What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Dragons @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 24: Dragons v Wests Tigers

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regardless Saints are prettying much a basket case which should help our cause this weekend as were the knights last week, however I’m not sure we will beat the sharks in the last round though.

WA Tiger

Bench
McGregors also got nothing to play for ...The inks not dry on his contract yet ....He’s normally sweating around this time of year to prove himself for a resign...I’m expecting big things from Jennings just to be different...He got a taste of what’s possible last week. I saw something there in his play/attitude ...I hope Mbye is injured and Madge hasn’t locked in Momo..as he’s been known to do with players before they deserve it ...Big Pressure kicks are not Momos thing he’s proven that......Dont be mistaken if we catch this team on the wrong day we will get done...There’s more than a sprinkling of the team that were top of the table half way through a couple of seasons ago or last year? anyway before they hit the post origin wall...with a couple of handy additions...I’m looking forward to seeing Wendell’s son play I’ve heard he’s very good...At least they won’t know what to expect from the tigers just like us haha..... It’s funny we are veterans of the must win matches now ..We’ve done this before and lost and swore we were out of contention so this build up should be a little more relaxed.. ...Can’t wait ...It’s good to be alive and kicking again

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I really hope if the same 17 gets the job done convincingly we don't entertain the idea of bringing back an underdone Farah and Mbye against the Sharks

I'd probably have Mbye somewhere. I reckon he is our best centre plus you can use him in lots of different positions. He is a good bench option.

The unknown

Juniors
I'd probably have Mbye somewhere. I reckon he is our best centre plus you can use him in lots of different positions. He is a good bench option.

Hip flexors are a pretty complicated injury I doubt they'd risk him for the rest of the season, otherwise we would get a similar Bulldogs game type scenario where he goes down in the first 5 mins

super_coach

First Grade
Must win game after a dominating win the previous week often ends in tissues. Seen way to many of these games to be confident. Everything points to a win...bad sign

The saints are a club in complete denial.

They don’t have a first grade coach at the moment and they are banning fans from voicing that home truth. All of their junior coaching staff are being replaced.

The reality is that Mary hasn’t been able to cope with the game for a long time.

Two very different sides will take the field.

They will have a strong 30 minutes, but they don’t seem to hang on into games.

I hope Madge lets the boys go and have their way with them.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
It's all in the players hands now. Every game counts and we can't loose either of the last 2 matches. If only we had won some of those 3 or 4 certainty games we should have won, WT would already be in the finals group.

As fans, we can just enjoy the roller coaster ride of emotions each week. Personally I'm going greyer and binge eating chocolate and crisps.....

WA Tiger

Bench
The saints are a club in complete denial.

they are banning fans from voicing that home truth.

The reality is that Mary hasn’t been able to cope with the game for a long time.
. That’s the usual case with precious bully’s just ask Benji...I didn’t know that was going on with the player being refused entry because of a banner that said step down McGregor...no swear words ..that’s par for the course overseas isn’t it...I don’t know who Graham thinks he is with his predictable 5 cents worth all the time ..https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/252677f2-c992-4b1b-856a-2a3e2c5b6cd6

The unknown

Juniors
What is the deal with us only naming 20 players for two weeks in a row. Do we have literally no one left from our 30 man squad to at least be named?

Injury list

Aloiai
Farah
Mbye
Matulino
Packer
Fonua
Liddle

are all confirmed injured, but that's only 7

Tiger05

First Grade
That is a rough list of injuries isn't it. Reynolds has been out for a chunk of the season as well.

The paranoia sets in.

But last time I backed us, we got slaughtered.

I am just a bit afraid actually.

But at least we have the team of death with us again this week.

Alo still injured is a very dark concept. Not sure when he’s back.

WA Tiger

Bench
Just going off topic...I think Mary Mcgregor sounds like he’s head fked ...at least two times the dragons have dropped their bundle when they should have run away with it...To get that high and close to the prize and then lose it must be deflating...A different kind of dissapointment to ours ...maybe worse

BrotherJim05

Bench
To be honest, this is basically the semi-final, with Sharks game being the Grand Final. If we win both of these it will be like we won the comp that was available to us, any games further than that are just bonus rounds.

I know people will say that we should be playing like we could win the grand final, but with our roster and the amount of injuries its simply not going to happen.

But getting into the 8 means everything:
- We break the label of "team longest to not play finals"
- It proves that Madge knows exactly what the f**k he is doing and makes our club more attractive to players off contract
- It inspires the boys who were largely seen as reserve graders, that despite all the "big name" players that have played for our club, they were the ones who were able to break our finals drought. Not Tedesco, not Woods, and especially not Bitch Poses

WA Tiger

Bench
To be honest, this is basically the semi-final, with Sharks game being the Grand Final. If we win both of these it will be like we won the comp that was available to us, any games further than that are just bonus rounds.

I know people will say that we should be playing like we could win the grand final, but with our roster and the amount of injuries its simply not going to happen.

- It proves that Madge knows exactly what the f**k he is doing and makes our club more attractive to players off contract
- It inspires the boys who were largely seen as reserve graders, that despite all the "big name" players that have played for our club, they were the ones who were able to break our finals drought. Not Tedesco, not Woods, and especially not Bitch Poses
100 % agree with whistles ...When - we get there...but yes I’m expecting it ...

Das Hassler

Bench

That'll do...put me down for one of those

Pezz70

Juniors
McGregors also got nothing to play for ...The inks not dry on his contract yet ....He’s normally sweating around this time of year to prove himself for a resign...I’m expecting big things from Jennings just to be different...He got a taste of what’s possible last week. I saw something there in his play/attitude ...I hope Mbye is injured and Madge hasn’t locked in Momo..as he’s been known to do with players before they deserve it ...Big Pressure kicks are not Momos thing he’s proven that......Dont be mistaken if we catch this team on the wrong day we will get done...There’s more than a sprinkling of the team that were top of the table half way through a couple of seasons ago or last year? anyway before they hit the post origin wall...with a couple of handy additions...I’m looking forward to seeing Wendell’s son play I’ve heard he’s very good...At least they won’t know what to expect from the tigers just like us haha..... It’s funny we are veterans of the must win matches now ..We’ve done this before and lost and swore we were out of contention so this build up should be a little more relaxed.. ...Can’t wait ...It’s good to be alive and kicking again

Seriously? Momo missed a crucial kick against the dogs but give the boy a break it was his first time kicking in NRL, he was put on the spot after Mbye went down early, and he kicked pretty well against the knights. He is improving every week.i think he is on his way