What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Sea Eagles @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Obviously not on the field with the players so not sure who's calling the shots but it seemed like Brooks hardly ever touched the ball in the opposition 20 tonight, but Farah and Marshall seemed to be involved plenty of times

It can either be one of two things

Brooks doesn't call the ball

Or

Farah doesn't trust Brooks enough, so often ignores him and backs himself or hands it off to Marshall.
Brooks never calls the ball - he had this problem with Moses. He's a shy bloke so finds it hard to call the ball, but I've actually noticed Farah looking side-to-side at the PTB to find Brooks to actively give him the ball, so this notion that Farah ignores Brooks is misguided.

Watch it next week, I guarantee it.

Russell Coight

Juniors
Brooks never calls the ball - he had this problem with Moses. He's a shy bloke so finds it hard to call the ball, but I've actually noticed Farah looking side-to-side at the PTB to find Brooks to actively give him the ball, so this notion that Farah ignores Brooks is misguided.

Watch it next week, I guarantee it.

I just think its a weird coincidence brooksys form has dropped massively since Farah has come on board

1st half of the year he was Joey John's, recently hes no better than fckin Jordan Rankin in the halves

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I just think its a weird coincidence brooksys form has dropped massively since Farah has come on board

1st half of the year he was Joey John's, recently hes no better than fckin Jordan Rankin in the halves

Yeah I see why that is the perception, but when you think about it Brooksy's hasn't gone down really at all. He was incredible v Souths & Dragons & Knights, and our best player alongside Mbye v Raiders. He has been shocking in our losses, but that isn't really Farah's fault.

Poor Robbie does cop a lot of flack but it's important to look at the realities in the situation.

stryker

First Grade

Lol joey johns eh? Maybe if there was two of him.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Brooks has been tremendous this year (might win the Dally M), but it is by no means Farah's fault that Brooks occasionally doesn't get the ball. It's good to mix up who handles the ball between our spine, feeding Brooks constantly makes our attack one dimensional and all the pressure makes Brooks run around like a headless chook.... on ice.

Pezz70

Juniors
Farah needs to play dummy half and dummy half only, 4 or 5 times tonight he didn’t make it to dummy half in the attacking 20, and stood in the halves, got the ball on a couple of occasions and dropped it once. It looks like it’s a set play he does it a couple of times every week, but it’s a shit play. He needs to pick up the ball and pass it to Brooks or Benji ASAP, it’s a bloody simple task, and that’s what we need from him, nothing else he is too slow and doesn’t have the hands or attacking skill to play in the halves. Don’t get me wrong occasionally you see dashes of old Robbie from dummy half and that’s great but it would be better for the team if he just picked up the ball and passed it. We were very ordinary again tonight. Mbye was patchy, a couple of really good things couple of ordinary things, great support play I didn’t notice much of Matulino tonight. I think they really need to work on their structure and plays in the attacking 20, they just don’t have the fluidity, I tend to look at Farah for that, but to be fair it has been a problem all season, that first pass just seems to be coming a little slower than other team and the defence is really getting up on us and shutting us down

stryker

First Grade
Hate him or not, hes had a decent year. In the running to win Dally m supports that although i think hes fell off the last couple games
Heres how the dally m points are often awarded:

Tigers won....no one really played great...Brooks is the new johns still isnt he?...give him some points.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Heres how the dally m points are often awarded:

Tigers won....no one really played great...Brooks is the new johns still isnt he?...give him some points.

I think about half of what you say has merit re Brooks however the other half you go way over the top. He is far from the finished product yet overall his 2018 has been a huge success.

stryker

First Grade
Your Brooks hate is weird.

He literally won that Newy game on his own just a couple weeks back

Was MOTM in the dragons and souffs game too

Any credit?
He has had some good games no doubt but he has had even more where he didnt/couldnt close the game out and we either lost or fell over the line unconvincingly. I had high hopes for him once upon a time. 2014 he was great. 15 he was poor, 16 he was dogshit, 17 below average and this year slightly above average. He has been the starting halfback in over 100 first grade games and hasnt made the finals in 5 years. Time we let someone else play half and he can move to a less pressureised position. If his only job was to attack hed be good.

stryker

First Grade
I think about half of what you say has merit re Brooks however the other half you go way over the top. He is far from the finished product yet overall his 2018 has been a huge success.
How can it be a huge success when once again he'll be sitting on his arse during September drinking beer? I understand he is not the finished product but id like to see him play finals footy before he reaches 200 games. He is not shaping up as a good investment for mine.

Vic Mackey

Referee
How can it be a huge success when once again he'll be sitting on his arse during September drinking beer? I understand he is not the finished product but id like to see him play finals footy before he reaches 200 games. He is not shaping up as a good investment for mine.

Well by that reasoning Kayln Pongas also had an unsuccessful year.

Russell Coight

Juniors
He has had some good games no doubt but he has had even more where he didnt/couldnt close the game out and we either lost or fell over the line unconvincingly. I had high hopes for him once upon a time. 2014 he was great. 15 he was poor, 16 he was dogshit, 17 below average and this year slightly above average. He has been the starting halfback in over 100 first grade games and hasnt made the finals in 5 years. Time we let someone else play half and he can move to a less pressureised position. If his only job was to attack hed be good.

Dude I'm not trying to say hes the next messiah or anything like that. Just that hes massively massively improved

Have you seen the players hes had to work with in previous years? Ffs the kid hasn't even had a proper 1st grade coach until IC arrived.

macnaz

Staff member
Lol @ ppl blaming Farah ...
They were dogshit across the board and without Farah we would have lost tonight...... but then again with that shithouse scoreline we still lost as far as the season goes.

Is the coach going to take any blame for tonight and every other game we needed to stick to a game plan ( if we have one ) .. ? We have been in the same position as tonight many times during the year .... so if certain players are ruining what the coach has planed then its up to him to act on it !
All i see is EFFORT.... after that its dog eat dog on the field.. NO roles NO plan ... do ya best.. cya at the breaks

RF versus Taylor,Mcllwrick and Godinet,no contest really they were terrible,while JL is not capable of going 80 minutes atm week in week out.

Russell Coight

Juniors
Lol @ ppl blaming Farah ...
They were dogshit across the board and without Farah we would have lost tonight...... but then again with that shithouse scoreline we still lost as far as the season goes.

Is the coach going to take any blame for tonight and every other game we needed to stick to a game plan ( if we have one ) .. ? We have been in the same position as tonight many times during the year .... so if certain players are ruining what the coach has planed then its up to him to act on it !
All i see is EFFORT.... after that its dog eat dog on the field.. NO roles NO plan ... do ya best.. cya at the breaks

The gameplan seems to be to get out to a comfortable lead to have us fans in a false sense of security. Then let the opp team back into the game because the same shit happens every week

Vic Mackey

Referee

Agree with this part. Cleary has definitely been good for our club and made us semi respectable however i see no determinable game plan and never have. He may be a great manager but I’m not convinced on his tactical nouse. Wayne Bennett is like this, however he realizes it and surrounds himself with the best footy tacticians to make up for it.

Manly dropped the ball over the line twice and had 2 tries disallowed due to forward passes last night. We got very lucky. They were the better side.

Tiger05

First Grade
They lost momentum when Twal went off.

He would be my starting 13, Eisenhuth is not in the same league as Twal.

Twal does appear better than Eisenhuth. He might go really well at 13 as well. That leaves ET where though ?

We need to improve our pack, our spine and our outside backs. There are a lot of holes in our team. I don't think though that we need massive changes. Our spine to me has two quality options in Mbye and Brooks. Robbie and Benji have done a job for us this season but I think we need better. Benji is busted and Robbie to me just overplays his hand way too much.