What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Brisbane v Newcastle

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhilGould

Bench
I never rated Jirah much watching him in 20's and reggies but he looks to have gotten a lot stronger in his time in rehab. Pretty confident he can fill King's role next season without losing much if anything.

Alex28

Coach
I actually don't know what you are arguing.

I never cared for today's result - go through my posts over the past 7 days. I wanted majority of starters to be rested and let the back-ups play this one, not caring for the end result. So no it was not worth losing Klemmer for, it also wasn't worth risking Ponga and Pearce, on more than just the injury front.

I'm also NOT acting like next week is pointless, I think it's so important that we should have not played certain players today to best prepare for next week and potentially beyond.

So yeah not sure what bone bone you've got to pick if you agree with the above which it sounds like you would..
Agree with all of what you said. Fair few don’t though.

AOB’s presser explains it all. Bunch of kids who have played bugger all footy this year got a run, 9 players from next weeks team rested, Pearce and Ponga there for the run and to try a few things and were never playing the whole game.

Todays game means nothing in relation to next week. Agreed. I just get frustrated by the usual crap that goes on in here.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I never rated Jirah much watching him in 20's and reggies but he looks to have gotten a lot stronger in his time in rehab. Pretty confident he can fill King's role next season without losing much if anything.
Yeah, he looks quite strong and a decent athlete. He could probably fill out a bit more even next pre-season. Keen to see more of him next year.

Saulo has shown glimpses but not as convinced yet. Can't catch much of a break from injuries though so should look better with more game time.

Seage

Juniors
All good and well for AOB to say that in his presser, but the kids weren't the reason we got pumped. We got clueless, dogshit efforts from players who are definitely going to be in the side next week. Surely if AOB demanded they play, they could have given us 40-50 minutes of sparkle and then been benched with an eye on next week, but instead they dished up 55 minutes of turgid rubbish.

Yosh

Coach
Why don't we offload more and play more free flowing football more often? We actually look good when we do it...

slotmachine

First Grade
thought the positives were Jirah , Pasami and Simi all looked like goers.

Randall and Jones are solid squad players.

I don’t think we will keep Crossland or Johns, and honestly they haven’t shown anything to demand it.

Yeah, pretty clear why Crossland Johns and hoy are out of favour. Not much doing there.

Sasagi needs to find a position

Jono078

Referee
Yeah, pretty clear why Crossland Johns and hoy are out of favour. Not much doing there.

Sasagi needs to find a position
Blind Freddy could tell you which position he should take asap haha.

IF he has a good off season and improves his D then I don’t see why it’s out of question he could be our other centre. I like the way he moves on the field.

Johns Magic

Referee
I've never once said he's great or brave under the high ball, alot of young fullbacks struggle under the high ball, I rate him quite highly regardless

I know you didn’t say he’s good under the high ball. I’m just mentioning since we discussed it.

A guy who’s been a fullback for years, with coaching at every level, and is still that bad under the high ball is bizarre. I don’t buy “he’s young”. Kids in school footy do better. Yesterday he didn’t want to put his body on the line.

Won’t be much if that doesn’t change.

aqua_duck

Coach
I know you didn’t say he’s good under the high ball. I’m just mentioning since we discussed it.

A guy who’s been a fullback for years, with coaching at every level, and is still that bad under the high ball is bizarre. I don’t buy “he’s young”. Kids in school footy do better. Yesterday he didn’t want to put his body on the line.

Won’t be much if that doesn’t change.
He hasn't been a fullback his entire junior career, he's floated between centre and fullback and I'm fact his entire 1st grade career as well and majority of his time in Qld cup had been at centre prior to the last 8 weeks or so. Look I don't know the guy, he's not in my super coach team, he don't have any personal stakes in him all I know is I've watched him in juniors and he was a gun

It's unbelievable that we finished 7th, 2 games clear of 8th but with a -143 differential. 8th finished 4 competition points behind us but with just -3 differential. This comp is a joke.
Is it though?

When we lose, we lose big. When we win, we win small

Fact is we won more games than 8th -16th

This fascination with for and against is bizarre, especially in a season that has had blow outs for most of the year due to various reasons

Knight Tales

Juniors
Eels have all the pressure. They are expected to win. Sometimes you just need to know how to make them pushing for the win work for you. This will be a fiery clash. I have no doubt it will spill over at some stage. The NO TOMORROWS clashes are always the best.

drizzy drake

Juniors
Is it though?

This fascination with for and against is bizarre, especially in a season that has had blow outs for most of the year due to various reasons
Yeah I agree. Fact is we won more games than the other teams and I couldn’t care less how. Focusing on the points differential is just f**king bizarre.

Is it though?

I get your point but yeah...it really is though. Weak as p*ss