What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Manly @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
There is no way I would swap Brooks for Latu, Galvin or Luai. My take is that Manly let Latu go to get Brooks. That is a disastrous decision.
We actually did good for once. Hopefully as we improve and having a shrewd CEO we won't make dumb decisions.
Classical example of another stuff up would be signing Dragons centre Bird. I'm confident that this talk is from his manager.

Tiger05

First Grade
Two different types of players, Galvin is a ⅝ and Finau is a ½ or bench 9.
We need someone to be able to cover Api and Galvin but we can't have both DaSilva and Finau on the bench.
It's a perfect problem to have. It gives us both depth and competition.
Bud however must go.

I think Latu has always been a 6 and he can do that exceptionally well.

I would honestly have both DaSilva and Fainu on the bench because I think we need both of them here. Maybe you could rotate them or something and there will be injuries but we have a lot of worker forwards who can play big minutes. I also think Api needs a spell each game.

The only thing is could Latu play13 ? I don't know but I figure it's worth a go.

Tigerm

Coach

I would honestly have both DaSilva and Fainu on the bench because I think we need both of them here. Maybe you could rotate them or something and there will be injuries but we have a lot of worker forwards who can play big minutes. I also think Api needs a spell each game.

The only thing is could Latu play13 ? I don't know but I figure it's worth a go.
I think the good thing about this is, our coach was a pretty handy 6, he'll know.

It's been said many times, that Gal is destined for the 13 jumper.

Being spoilt for choice is not something we are used to.

Tigerm

Coach
We've had a lot of very successful small FB's.

Looking at the game stats, Mason, ran the most meters and had the most runs.

I don't see him knocking off anyone for the FB in FG though.

Tigerm

Coach
How good was it to see we were on the side of the ref's for a change.

To be fair, I thought the first two sin bins were not warranted, but they were Manly players, so they should have been sent off.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Worth a look, because it has the Seyfarth try on video. Absolutely glorious.
Seyfarth is my favourite of the Shamrocks old boys.He lives a few streets away from me in the Shamrocks catchment area.A tough bugger on the field & a really nice kid off the field.

Nutz

Bench

Possibly but rarely would you have two utilities on the bench.
Time will tell. Latu has more of the Polynesian body type and could cover a lot of positions. A perfect bench player. Don't forget that you don't want to lose momentum when the bench comes on.
DaSilva is a 9.
Latu could play ½, ⅝, 9 and possibly a ball playing 13. He's still young though.

Nutz

Bench
Seyfarth is my favourite of the Shamrocks old boys.He lives a few streets away from me in the Shamrocks catchment area.A tough bugger on the field & a really nice kid off the field.
No secret he's one of my favourites. If you know him get into his ear and tell him not to run backwards on an angle when he's the front marker. It allows a greater angle for the dummy half and subsequent attackers to run in. He needs to engage. The second marker runs that deeper angle.

DJDL

First Grade
Great result last night.
Everything's going according to plan.

Now for the Eels to get done by a combined total upwards of 70 points over the next 2 rounds and all will be well with the world.

Bring it on.

Tigerm

Coach
Great result last night.
Everything's going according to plan.

Now for the Eels to get done by a combined total upwards of 70 points over the next 2 rounds and all will be well with the world.

Bring it on.
Though, I’m pretty sure that the plan wasn’t to be fighting for the spoon hahaha

How good was it to see we were on the side of the ref's for a change.

To be fair, I thought the first two sin bins were not warranted, but they were Manly players, so they should have been sent off.
I'd love that ref to do all our games. I was surprised by the 1st sin-bin. Although Manly had given away something like 6 penalties in a row I didn't think they'd have the guts to send a Manly player.

The 2nd one for mine, was direct contact to the head, albeit not all that hard. That has certainly been a sin-bin or a send off when we've done it so I'm happy with that.

The 3rd one, the wrong bloke got sent to the bin.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Every f**king year they do this, they have me believing in next year hahaha
This time believing has substance.All the stars are slowly aligning re turning this train wreck around.I just want Richo to utilise his persuasion skills on Galvins parents & extricate Galvin from the demonic Isaac Moses.If we don’t extend his contract b4 Nov 1 next yr it will glaringly mean he is signing elsewhere for beyond ‘26

Tigerm

Coach
This time believing has substance.All the stars are slowly aligning re turning this train wreck around.I just want Richo to utilise his persuasion skills on Galvins parents & extricate Galvin from the demonic Isaac Moses.If we don’t extend his contract b4 Nov 1 next yr it will glaringly mean he is signing elsewhere for beyond ‘26
How will we cope, if we win a few games, it’s been so long hahaha

Latest posts