What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs South Sydney @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 25: South Sydney v Newcastle

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
We need the Dragons to drop 2 of their remaining 3 games and Brisbane to drop a game to have the honor of being knocked out in week 1. The Dragons have an easy draw and have been playing better footy than us, so it'll require a pretty big choke for mine.

Zoidberg

First Grade
We need the Dragons to drop 2 of their remaining 3 games and Brisbane to drop a game to have the honor of being knocked out in week 1. The Dragons have an easy draw and have been playing better footy than us, so it'll require a pretty big choke for mine.
Stupid golden point. We could’ve had another 2 points on the board.

Nuke

Staff member
How did KPP get the leg gash?
I didn't notice anything during the game. It was only when they announced he was ruled out for the remainder of the game with the leg wound that I became aware they anything had happened in the first place.

Woody90

Juniors
Stupid golden point. We could’ve had another 2 points on the board.

We’d be in the 8 now if the ref had ruled Kennedy off side last week.

I’m not too mad about it though. We have so much we need to work on and slipping into the bottom of the 8 like we did in 2020/2021 would definitely take the emphasis off that.

Nuke

Staff member
At the end of the day, would it really matter if we finished 8th or 9th/10th/11th?

We are not threatening for the premiership this year anyway, regardless of where we finish up.

Woody90

Juniors
At the end of the day, would it really matter if we finished 8th or 9th/10th/11th?

We are not threatening for the premiership this year anyway, regardless of where we finish up.

The best outcome for us would have been to finish 13th but sadly that’s not going to happen now.

Rod

Bench

History says you need to finish top 4 to be any chance at the premiership.

But would be a fairly boring season if we gave up once we knew that wasn't happening (ie. approx Round 4).

mozza91

Coach

We’re average either way. But a finals appearance is still something. Who knows? If you jag 8th spot you go into the 1st week with nothing to lose and could cause an upset.

Yosh

Coach
Lucas and Sharpe are so good. Great to see local talent actually have some talent.

Marzhew has been great out of our end lately. Has been much better lately.

Leo with another shocking start but was good the second half.

Crossland didn't do anything stupid this game. Weird. I hope he keeps running the ball.

Ponga needs to get into first receiver more often. Goal kicking is classy now. Want to see him get more of the ball still.

Cogger was okay. Souths didn't throw anything at him though. Hastings needs to go so we can free up cap. Cogger should take his spot as reserve half.

Is Gagai the form centre in the comp? Glad we tied him up for two more seasons.

It was refreshing to see us contest some kicks finally. Stupid we didn't before. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. We would have literally won 2 or 3 more games this season if we just contested kicks.